• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    The PT92's I've had have all functioned flawlessly...I always recommend it to someone if they are on limited budget and want an excellent functioning semi-auto 9mm...

Todd

Indiana Steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Taurus Slim

I went into purchasing this weapon with some trepidation- having owned a few Taurus handguns in the past. I was actually looking at the Kahr PM9 for a new carry. Several things convinced me to go with the taurus - many favorable online reviews - the price - the fact that it had a safety - and the discovery that Kahr was started by the son of Rev Sun Moon - father of the Moonies! That company won't get penny one from me.

I read that the taurus was dirty when opened - not mine - and seems to work well too. for the money I think they're a heck of a bargain.

saharatj7638

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    So I just shot my new pt24/7pro 0ss ds to day and was honestly suprised by the accuracy but dissiapointed in the jamming. The first 12rds. out of the maga worked perfectly but when you get down to the last three it wouldnt feed them all the way. I was using good ammo (magtech 180g. fmc) and federal fmj 180g. This was the first time this gun has ever been shot it was brand new and I am just wondering why this is happening. I even completly took it apart and cleaned it befor shooting it for the first time just to make sure it was flawless.
    So any ideas?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    So I just shot my new pt24/7pro 0ss ds to day and was honestly suprised by the accuracy but dissiapointed in the jamming. The first 12rds. out of the maga worked perfectly but when you get down to the last three it wouldnt feed them all the way. I was using good ammo (magtech 180g. fmc) and federal fmj 180g. This was the first time this gun has ever been shot it was brand new and I am just wondering why this is happening. I even completly took it apart and cleaned it befor shooting it for the first time just to make sure it was flawless.
    So any ideas?

Didi you dis-assemble the the magazines and clean the shipping grease/gunk out from the inside of the mags? I know you took the pistol apart, but the mags are part of the system...

Last edited:

bwhamilton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    mine 24/7 has the same problem.

randomly it will not feed given rounds. same problem with 165gr and 180gr bullets. often it will just be stuck halfway between fed and not fed... lubing the ramp helped, but quickly wears off (gets pretty damn dirty in their with WWB or Blazer). Pretty disappointed in the gun.

bwhamilton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    mine 24/7 has the same problem.

randomly it will not feed given rounds. same problem with 165gr and 180gr bullets. often it will just be stuck halfway between fed and not fed... lubing the ramp helped, but quickly wears off (gets pretty damn dirty in their with WWB or Blazer). Pretty disappointed in the gun.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been carrying a PT745 for about 2 months now. never had a feed problem with any of the variety of ammo I've put through it, but it is a single stack mag. I would, (and will) buy other Taurus's.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have a Taurus 85 and a Tracker in 22lr. I'm very happy with both of these revolvers. I have been looking at the model 709, but I'm not sure I can trust the reliability of Taurus automatics.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    When I first move to Indiana and got my carry license I bought a stainless Taurus Model 605 .357 Magnum. It would "bind up" after a few shots of .357 to the point where I could not squeeze the trigger or cock the hammer.

I sent it back to to Taurus...twice. After it was fixed and tested for functionality, I dumped it at a gunshow and have never and will never buy another Taurus.

I read on some forums that others had the same problem with this model.

This is not something you want your CCW weapon doing.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I first move to Indiana and got my carry license I bought a stainless Taurus Model 605 .357 Magnum. It would "bind up" after a few shots of .357 to the point where I could not squeeze the trigger or cock the hammer.

I sent it back to to Taurus...twice. After it was fixed and tested for functionality, I dumped it at a gunshow and have never and will never buy another Taurus.

I read on some forums that others had the same problem with this model.

This is not something you want your CCW weapon doing.

My 605 total titanium has more than 2000 rounds down the barrel= 0 issues, using a variety of ammo!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm really surprised to see all the favorable comments here. Usually the mere mention of Taurus turns a thread to more of a bashing session. I have a .357 Tracker, it was my third handgun ever, first revolver. I chose it primarily due to the features it has that you generally don't see in production guns and have to pay a smith to add later. The ported barrel, 7 round capacity.....I like the sights too. Really haven't had any problems with it, during one range session it seemed to not move quite so smoothly, but that worked itself out. Definitely not the Taurus of yesteryear, I would buy another, maybe even a judge.
    018.jpg

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I recently purchased a PT1911 on this forum. I am extremely pleased with it. It has been to 2 range sessions now. Accuracy is better for me than any other pistol I have shot. No failures or issues of any kind. Machining quality is quite good. Given the options already installed vs. the price point, purchasing one is almost a no brainer unless you have some specific goal in purchasing a more expensive 1911.

On a related note, my buddy has had a PT92F for years with no issues at all. This particular friend is a complete mechanical knucklehead. If he can keep it shooting, then the damn thing just has some serious built in will to shoot.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    All this Taurus talk is making me want another..... I debated hard at a gun show last year between a 4 inch Taurus 9 shot .22 revolver and the Ruger MkIII 22/45 and went with the Ruger, because the trigger pull on the revolver was so heavy... now I wish I had gotten the revolver and just had a trigger job done. The Ruger is so finnicky about ammo and gets dirty and starts jamming after 40-50 rounds....

Todd

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Taurus products seem to be getting good reviews here. They used to be considered poorly made until about 15 years ago and thats when I purchased a model 94, .22, 9 shot revolver and put about 10,000 rounds through it learning trigger control on its DA platform. I loved that .22 but sold if for a model 85, .38. Unfortunately, I had more problems with that .38 than any other pistol I have owned...had to have it shipped back to Taurus 4 times and they finally sent me a new gun...it had some problems too and I sold it and have not bought Taurus since that time. Well time heals all wounds and I would consider owning a Taurus if I found one I was interested in. Right now I really prefer Smith's as far as revolvers go and Ruger's for their P series semi-autos. I do like the look of the new .45s...very creative.

BlackJack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Mid North Indiana
    I own a .357 Tracker revolver. One of my first gun purchases many years ago. I enjoy it and have not had any problems with it. Do not shoot very much .357 mostly .38 out of it. I have about 1000 round through it. Mostly carry it as a sidearm out in the woods. I also own a Taurus 1911. Cost wise I thought it was a pretty good deal for a 1911. However it was not Military Spec. like I thought. Still a pretty good shooter. I would not trade or sell them for anything right now, but who knows what the future might bring.:)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I use an XD9mm SC and my wife uses aTaurus 24/7 pro compact DS 9mm.They are both great compacts. I have a few range trips on her, but I fear she and the Tarus are catching me. What'll I do?? Help! Mr. Wizzard!!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I also own a Taurus 1911. Cost wise I thought it was a pretty good deal for a 1911. However it was not Military Spec. like I thought.

What's not mil-spec? The grips are ever-so-slightly different but other than that? I replaced almost all the "guts" of mine with Ed Brown parts without any issues... I didn't NEED replace any of them, it was a "looks/vainity" thing. After all, it's a 1911!

BlackJack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Mid North Indiana
    What's not mil-spec? The grips are ever-so-slightly different but other than that? I replaced almost all the "guts" of mine with Ed Brown parts without any issues... I didn't NEED replace any of them, it was a "looks/vainity" thing. After all, it's a 1911!

When I bought my PT1911, I was told it was mil-spec. I had thought I might shoot in some matches so I thought about a new trigger. If it had not been for that I would not have changed a thing. Anyway, about a week after I bought my PT1911, I bought a Kimber .22 conversion kit. The conversion kit fit and worked well with my Springfield 1911 and my Rock Island 1911 but it did not work with the Taurus. I went to the gun shop I had bought my conversion kit from(not the same place I bought my gun) and ask them if they knew why it did not work. I was told that the Taurus PT1911 was not quite mil-spec. Since I experienced the problem with the conversion kit, I had no reason to doubt them. From what I see the Kimber slide does not fit the Taurus right. If it is a Kimber problem and not the Taurus for being a little out of spec my apologies for misleading anyone. I have not bought any parts and have not tried to modify anything on the Taurus since I figured maybe they would not fit. Since you say you have modified yours maybe I will try a new trigger after all.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    When I bought my PT1911, I was told it was mil-spec. I had thought I might shoot in some matches so I thought about a new trigger. If it had not been for that I would not have changed a thing. Anyway, about a week after I bought my PT1911, I bought a Kimber .22 conversion kit. The conversion kit fit and worked well with my Springfield 1911 and my Rock Island 1911 but it did not work with the Taurus. I went to the gun shop I had bought my conversion kit from(not the same place I bought my gun) and ask them if they knew why it did not work. I was told that the Taurus PT1911 was not quite mil-spec. Since I experienced the problem with the conversion kit, I had no reason to doubt them. From what I see the Kimber slide does not fit the Taurus right. If it is a Kimber problem and not the Taurus for being a little out of spec my apologies for misleading anyone. I have not bought any parts and have not tried to modify anything on the Taurus since I figured maybe they would not fit. Since you say you have modified yours maybe I will try a new trigger after all.

I have not tried a .22 conversion kit; thought about it but bout a Buckmark instead. I will admit that the trigger in mine is still stock; I replaced the slide stop, mag release, hammer, sear, disconnect, ambi safety, springs and pins with Ed Brown pieces. The only piece I had to "fit" was the safety. My stepson relaced the trigger in his (Cylinder & Slide, I think) and had no issues. I don't know... I have a Sig P220 and it's mags won't let 230gr Golden Saber's fit into them, but the GS's are in SAAMI spec, and the mags chamber everything else sooooo?????

Shoot it and enjoy it!

Top Bottom