• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    im more interested in how many people here actually give the government an interest free loan all year instead of using that extra cash to buy more ammo!

there seems to be some smart people here, I figure the majority of people here use the readily available tools available and 5 minutes of their time to factor the proper number of withholdings to claim throughout the year so they don't end up over withholding.

certainly nobody is taking the easy way out here

I never get money back and usually owe some. Its my money not theirs.

Sprayandpray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Not sure how much I am getting but way over payed so will see.
    Gettin the wife a light hand cannon for her purse and small 380? side gun.
    Took years to get her to come around now got to get her own keep her out of my "stash."

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    After the audit (will be 10 years in a row this year... NEVER break the heart of an IRS agents' daughter) I figure it will be late enough to pick up some of the stuff y'all bought and then decided to sell cheaply :D

That or an M16. Ive wanted one for years, and now is the time to buy with prices still being low...ish.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I always buy a gun or two with my refund. Already spent $640 on this beauty:
    008-2.jpg

But I still have a few hundred left. I need to figure out what to blow it on soon!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Refund? lol.

I never let the government steal more money than they can throughout the year just so I can beg for a few shillings back later.

If you are getting any sort of a refund beyond being able to buy a keltec or lorcin, math isn't your strong suit... or you had some crazy life changing event that radically altered your tax rate.

Theft... it's what most sheep call taxes.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Thanks, I appreciate it. He is doing well though, diabetes is manageable and the pump will make it even easier. Definitely worth skipping a gun purchase.

x2 on the news that your son will need a pump. On a plus side (sort of the silver lining) an 8 year old girl in our neighborhood just got one. And I must say, it really made it easier on her parents and more so her. Especially her playing and being a normal kid. good luck and God bless...

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Refund? lol.

I never let the government steal more money than they can throughout the year just so I can beg for a few shillings back later.

If you are getting any sort of a refund beyond being able to buy a keltec or lorcin, math isn't your strong suit... or you had some crazy life changing event that radically altered your tax rate.

Theft... it's what most sheep call taxes.

I like this guy!

:yesway:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Getting ammo before the b.s. panic of the election kicks in and I have to wait another 3 years for it come back down to a reasonable level.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Well, IMO, its none of anyones business how I handle my withholdings throughout the year.

With my refund money, which I dont mind getting...I paid off my credit cards and some medical bills from the end of last year. I spent a couple bucks on ammo for a range trip, and also treated the girlfriend to a nice dinner out. The remainder went towards buying stuff for the house Im hoping to buy in the near future.

Top Bottom