• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can not even begin to imagine how the victims family's must feel about this.

The wife and I were just discussing this. She mentioned how much prison time I would be looking at if this were to happen to a family member.......:dunno:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    So, on one hand if you're from a poverty stricken family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    But on the other hand, if you're from a wealthy family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    Got it.
    Sure glad that's cleared up.

That pretty much sums it up. Woe to the middle class...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    So, on one hand if you're from a poverty stricken family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    But on the other hand, if you're from a wealthy family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    Got it.

It is all of us middle class folk that are an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis (Big Bang Theory reference) and actually have to pay the consequences for our actions. Sure glad I stayed out of trouble and never got arrested for anything.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Got it.

Actually, even though it may be your fault, depending on your "status" you can either generate sympathy to avoid repercussions or afford to buy your way clear.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Before jumping too hard on the judge, consider his options. The kid is 16 and in most cases, you don't try a juvenile as an adult unless there is intent. Since he is a juvenile, if they sentence him to time, he'll be out in 2 years and done. Now, this kid has been in trouble before (read this history) and there is absolutely no doubt in most minds that he eventually will be in trouble again. He'll still be on probation until he's 26. If he gets in trouble past his 18th birthday while still on probation, then things get nastier for him. I think the judge just delayed the inevitable. He'll pay for this crime, but a little down the road. Might not be a total disaster of a decision. Very hard to understand on the surface, but consider what options there were.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Before jumping too hard on the judge, consider his options. The kid is 16 and in most cases, you don't try a juvenile as an adult unless there is intent. Since he is a juvenile, if they sentence him to time, he'll be out in 2 years and done. Now, this kid has been in trouble before (read this history) and there is absolutely no doubt in most minds that he eventually will be in trouble again. He'll still be on probation until he's 26. If he gets in trouble past his 18th birthday while still on probation, then things get nastier for him. I think the judge just delayed the inevitable. He'll pay for this crime, but a little down the road. Might not be a total disaster of a decision. Very hard to understand on the surface, but consider what options there were.

I see your point and agree that Karma gonna get him I seriously hope and pray it is not at the forfeit of more lives.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is there a mix of both? Because, I need the option where I can generate sympathy because I can't afford stuff.

Heck yeah...just pick a politically correct, aggrieved, persecuted, group or cause and adopt it or lay a claim. Then the tax dollars and/or rich crusaders will beat a path to your door.....of course you may have to learn to live with a diminished self respect. :D

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

That is a thoughtful, well considered point of view. I would not be able to appreciate it if one of the 4 victims was a family member though.:dunno: Who brought the rope boys? smiley_suicidio.gif

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Affluenza

:facepalm:

This term was coined, I believe, by Rush Limbaugh as a joke describing the disconnect between rich liberals not being able to relate to the people they are taxing to death.

Pretty shocking it is being used as an actual defense.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Can't wait till the victims families win the idiots money. Maybe then he'll get the message.... probably not.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Heck yeah...just pick a politically correct, aggrieved, persecuted, group or cause and adopt it or lay a claim. Then the tax dollars and/or rich crusaders will beat a path to your door.....of course you may have to learn to live with a diminished self respect. :D
    What? No.
    I don't want any of that crap.
    I just want some genuine "aww"ing and sincere "poor baby"ing going on.

This term was coined, I believe, by Rush Limbaugh as a joke

it is being used as an actual defense.
    Wonder what he thinks about that??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This term was coined, I believe, by Rush Limbaugh as a joke describing the disconnect between rich liberals not being able to relate to the people they are taxing to death.

Pretty shocking it is being used as an actual defense.

I thought that term sounded familiar...

Top Bottom