• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    It seems to happen all the time really. Look at Donte Stallworth "NFL star" drunk and high hits a man flees the scene and leaves him for dead 30 days in jail and 2 years probation. Meanwhile in NY Plaxico Burress shoots himself and gets 2 years in jail and 2 years probation.

Karma will never touch this kid because he's rich. Money will clean his record, Money will get him into Ivy League schools, Money will get him an executive job making more money.
    The only thing good that could happen would be 4 civil suits stripping all that money away.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Kid killed 4 people when drove his truck drunkenly in to 4 people. He was found guilty and judge sentenced him to 10 years of probation. His defense? He's a victim of "Affluenza" - being from a rich family so he's never had to take responsibility for any actions in his life.

I expected better from Texas

?Affluenza? slammed as defense for wealthy Texas teen?s fatal DWI wreck - CBS News

I'm missing something here. This can't be true. What about severe disadvantageous. More of us have that. Is there a lawyer in da house?

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This is for one teenage girl with brain damage. The article states she has over 1M plus in medical expense which the drivers insurer will payout in lump sum and the rest in installments. It seem to me they should get everything in a lump sum so they can invest for the long-term care of the girl.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As I understand the "affluenza" defense, his attorneys argued his rich parents spoiled him rotten and he didn't know any better. I would have been cool with that defense and going a bit easier on him if his parents had been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

I notice his mom is missing too. hmmm.

After that case got in the media, about 30K people signed a petition asking Governor Rick Perry to remove her from office, a power the Governor did not possess (apparently he can't even veto funding for drunken DAs, but that's another issue). However, it appears she (the judge) retired by not running for re-election at the end of her term. I don't know if the petition and the "retirement" are related or not. I don't think she would have fared well in the next election.

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Maybe in a few years he will run for Govenor of Texas.....you know, like this guy.

Mitch Daniels' Disappearing Felony - Hit & Run : Reason.com

let's see - there are photos of our current President smoking a joint as a "youth" and he freely admits doing so - and you want to use Daniels to illustrate a point ? I might presume you didn't feel Obama led a privileged life or perhaps you simply forgot about his background. And then we have former president Clinton who smoked but "didn't inhale." (Cough - cough)

Apparently some butt hurt re: Daniels (?). :dunno:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Ok let me see if I have this right ..... 2 years has passed, he now should be 18 ......

One is not supposed to drink, while on probation, and he is still underage......

So is he guilty of breaking probation ?????

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ok let me see if I have this right ..... 2 years has passed, he now should be 18 ......

One is not supposed to drink, while on probation, and he is still underage......

So is he guilty of breaking probation ?????

That's why they're looking for him.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    I read the story this morning whilst parked in the "library". It was one of those things that makes my blood boil.
    If I had done something that stupid & negligent as a teen ... I would have RUN TO THE POLICE to save myself from my father.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'm glad this happened. Now both he AND the useless excuse of a mother that raised a useless excuse of a son will spend plenty of prison time, hopefully in Hunstville, pondering the fact the money does not cure stupidity.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Now may of fled the country, but unless they crossed the border illegally any airport of point of entry would notice the passports. Unless the LEO"s didn't flag those once the two went missing.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Now may of fled the country, but unless they crossed the border illegally any airport of point of entry would notice the passports. Unless the LEO"s didn't flag those once the two went missing.

Or, more likely, the two left the country before the (alleged) parole violation was known and before the warrant was issued. They had a several week head start, and my guess is they're chillin in a nice resort location by this time.

Top Bottom