• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Update on the individual involved. Looks like officer Long's death could have been prevented. Guy had a history and had served time before. Was sentenced to 12 years in 2005, but was released in 2010 according to the link below.

Shooter had long criminal history

Pathetic.

This POS should have never been walking free anyway.

If 3 felonies = death penalty in this country(as in you serve time, get out and commit another felony or group of felonies, then do it again, your third time you get a bullet), you wouldn't hear a peep from me.

Most everyone deserves a second chance, but that is ridiculous.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    There are a few pictures on the tribstar.com (Terre Haute's paper) of the hearse, followed by a line of police vehicles, taking Brent Long from the hospital to the funeral home. People are standing along the streets to show their respect. I hope his family gets some small bit of comfort from this display of support. Rest in peace, Officer Long.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow...things went down hill in a hurry it sounds like. It will be interested to see what happens to the 5 other individuals listed. Kinda interesting Seely took his own life given that he was prepared to defend it by shooting Officer Long.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Typical cowardly behavior. If you are going to try to man up and defend yourself, defend till the very end. He took the sissy way out.

I understand your sentiment, but I'm glad he took his own life. What if he had managed to kill more policemen in his final standoff? Screw him. He shot himself and saved the taxpayers the money of trying his sorry butt.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Kinda interesting Seely took his own life given that he was prepared to defend it by shooting Officer Long.

He wasn't "defending" anything, he was on the offensive. Rather than surrender and face the repercussions of his actions, he became an aggressor and murdered someone. Realizing what he'd done, he took the coward's way out. Nothing defensive about it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    He wasn't "defending" anything, he was on the offensive. Rather than surrender and face the repercussions of his actions, he became an aggressor and murdered someone. Realizing what he'd done, he took the coward's way out. Nothing defensive about it.

I should have chosen my words more carefully I guess, as I didn't mean that he shot Officer Long out of self defense. It was clearly an offensive move on his part.

I meant it to say that he was so willing to preserve his life (in that he wasn't going to allow himself to be caught and sent to prison) that he took the life of another individual by shooting him.

Sorry if my first post came out wrong...

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I should have chosen my words more carefully I guess, as I didn't mean that he shot Officer Long out of self defense. It was clearly an offensive move on his part.

I meant it to say that he was so willing to preserve his life (in that he wasn't going to allow himself to be caught and sent to prison) that he took the life of another individual by shooting him.

Sorry if my first post came out wrong...

Meh, I knew what you meant and I'm sure 99% of everyone else did too, I'm just making sure there's no mistaking what this Ahole did.

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Guys, this happened 2 blocks from my house. I thought I was being a little over protective when I searched my backyard with a XD45 and a 12in Maglite two weeks ago because my wife woke me up saying there was someone in the backyard. Turned out there wasn't. Been thinking about Officer Long all week. RIP

Top Bottom