www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't believe any of this.

We all know it was the ISP took the wallet. It's what they do.

This is possible. She's a paid informant doing their dirty work so they can appear to keep their hands clean. :tinfoil:

On a related note, I saw on Craigslist that IMPD is recruiting drone pilots to act as outside contractors. I assume its so they can honestly say they dont have a boner drone. (because it's the contractor's)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nope I just get 33% of the settlement. That's the going rate for contingency law these days, isnt it? :):

Boys, there ain't no treasure. I just got 6 months for practicing law without a license.

1904_FC_OhBrother-1024x576.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If he gets to go to trial I think it jumps to 50% plus expenses on the contingency.

33% if no lawsuit.
    40% if lawsuit filed.
    50% if it goes to trial.

Some go higher than that if there is an appeal, but them they are flirting with the ethical rules.

Of course, add expenses to that.

Anecdote- I had an expert witness at Mass General in Boston. We flew out for his dep. to be taken. I flew Southwest; the plaintiff's attorney flew United 1st class (maybe he had miles?). I stayed in the Wyndham near the hospital; my opponent stayed at the Taj Boston...not a mid-level chain.

"plus expenses". Yeah.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Paralegal just printed off counts. She apparently tried to use it at a Dollar General too, in addition to Wal-Mart.

We are just too classy here.

Sounds like she's shopping at the places where she's comfortable shopping.

Headed off to MyCase to read some documents...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sorry that happened to you, I bet that is going to be all kinds of hassle getting all that sorted out and replaced.

I would say that I feel bad for her picking the wrong target, but I don't feel bad for her at all. Actually, I think it is kinda funny that she picked the wrong guy to burgle.

Is there usually some point in the process where a judge asks the victim what kind of impact the crime had on their life? I really hope there is.

Classy move buying the lunch.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hindsight 20/20, anything you could have done differerently to avoid the theft or will change in the future for vehicle security?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hindsight 20/20, anything you could have done differerently to avoid the theft or will change in the future for vehicle security?

Good question, bw. Tuesday was so busy. Made 4 or 5 jail trips, errands, in and out of the truck. Maybe I just did not lock it,.

I could lock up my wallet in one of the safes, but then . . . what if I need it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sorry that happened to you, I bet that is going to be all kinds of hassle getting all that sorted out and replaced.

I would say that I feel bad for her picking the wrong target, but I don't feel bad for her at all. Actually, I think it is kinda funny that she picked the wrong guy to burgle.

Is there usually some point in the process where a judge asks the victim what kind of impact the crime had on their life? I really hope there is.

Classy move buying the lunch.

Thanks, Bubba. Food is a real morale booster so I was happy to do it. Besides, everyone deserves great pizza for great work.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't believe any of this.

We all know it was the ISP took the wallet. It's what they do.

State police were not involved . . . somehow. Don't think that they were not my first suspects. I also checked my office airspace for drones. Bingo on drones.

After I cleared the state police and the skies for drones I then called the cops.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good question, bw. Tuesday was so busy. Made 4 or 5 jail trips, errands, in and out of the truck. Maybe I just did not lock it,.

I could lock up my wallet in one of the safes, but then . . . what if I need it?

Out of curiosity, why was your wallet in your brief case instead of oh I don't know... a back pocket? Not victim blaming... just curious. :)

Top Bottom