That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    33942001_1881275438574535_2306168954281787392_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. A racist is a racist. I'm trying to figure out why there seems to be so many white middle to upperclass Trump supporters that happen to be racist. You really don't see the same (black middle to upper class) from the opposite direction. I'm allowing that people at lower levels of wealth may closely correlate in numbers. And before, you take umbrage with my statement, I'll remind you, that you were just talking about crime's correlation to poverty.
    Is Michael Dyson middle class?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also. “So many?”

how many? If you want to answer questions like this, you need the representative demographics or it’s just anecdotal.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is Mel brooks racist?

apparently all Starbucks employees are now according to their CEO

hahaha, just heard the rapper Common was used in Starbucks “education” on race :rofl:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Also. “So many?”

how many? If you want to answer questions like this, you need the representative demographics or it’s just anecdotal.

Sorry, it's anecdotal. "Some many" is in reference to what I have seen or heard, personally.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He didn't. At least two of the people he was speaking to, were American citizens, born in Puerto Rico.
    Where does trump come into it with that guy?
    Also that's recent right because I remember him from the thread on here about making English the official language. I dont care if people speak another language just dont try to make me. English is the dominant language period. Speak what you want though.

I was looking for the racist trump supporters holding signs you were referring to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry, it's anecdotal. "Some many" is in reference to what I have seen or heard, personally.

You’ll ned to find some statistics then. We can’t really have a meaningful conversation about your experience. We’ve seen a couple of people here who’ve had different experiences from yours. Are they wrong. Are you right?

You’re probably not going to find any real statistics either. Nothing that breaks racism down by demographics. We can’t even be honest about what racism is. The left insists minorities can’t even BE racists because they have no institutional power. How do you measure racism, especially in a postmodern world?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You’ll ned to find some statistics then. We can’t really have a meaningful conversation about your experience. We’ve seen a couple of people here who’ve had different experiences from yours. Are they wrong. Are you right?

You’re probably not going to find any real statistics either. Nothing that breaks racism down by demographics. We can’t even be honest about what racism is. The left insists minorities can’t even BE racists because they have no institutional power. How do you measure racism, especially in a postmodern world?

When you fill up a room full of people giving the Nazi salute, yelling "Hail Trump," I doubt I really need to provide statistics to make my point. You simply don't find black people setting up conferences, about establishing a black country, and looking toward Obama to make it happen.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Are any of those projected, negatively, concerning her? Because I'd like to know, at what point in the past, is it acceptable to think ill of person (excluding their own personal actions which you did not present), based on lineage, where they were born, and how tall they are? Not that ANY of that justifies, what Roseanne said. However, vilifying the victim, is often used by people to justify their own bad actions... (see Kathy Griffin - Donald Trump)

Since at least the time the First Amendment was ratified.

Yes, all of those were projected negatively towards her because I don't agree with her and don't believe her point of view and mine would ever be reconcilable. I feel no shame, particularly on an Internet forum, to not say what I think about someone I believe is trying to destroy my country. While her kin were hobnobbing with commies, mine were getting shot at by commies in Asia. That was a long time ago, but we're part Irish so we hold a grudge.

It is most certainly an old school approach and unpopular to say what one thinks these days, but I don't believe in playing with one hand behind my back or regulating my First Amendment right to pipe off about her, at least within the rules of this forum. I do not believe I have violated those, but would certainly accept the repercussions if a mod laid it down on me. Their website, their rules. She's a commie in my book. I have no regret in saying that or feeling that.

If someone wants to call me hairy-eared to insult me despite it not being relevant to an argument we may be having, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. I have inherited the ears of my people and dammit if they don't keep me warm in winter. She is less likely to run into tree branches while mowing the lawn. It all works itself out.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    People need to stop getting offended by what idiot celebrities, musicians, and politicians say. These people live in worlds that aren't based in reality and the consequences for their actions are a cancelled show or sponsor. You say that crap in the real world and you're getting curbstomped.

I was thinking that people need to stop saying idiot things. A whole lot easier to ride herd on the idiots than for all the non idiots to give them a pass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was thinking that people need to stop saying idiot things. A whole lot easier to ride herd on the idiots than for all the non idiots to give them a pass.

It's not easier for them to stop being idiots, so probably easier to adjust one's own sensitivity to words.

That said. It was said on twitter. Easy enough to let her know it's out of bounds. As for the cancellation, ABC has a reputation to protect. No one wants to be associated with an idiot.

Top Bottom