That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And honestly, why would a school teach something so ridiculous? Not “it”, but teach that “it” was taught?

I'm not really the person to ask what Academia does or doesn't do anything. IIRC, I was introduced to the background as part of my intro to Criminal Justice classes at U of L. It covered a bunch of outdated ways of telling who criminals were by physical characteristics. Reading bumps on the head (phrenology, I think?) to determine personality, "morphic" body types (men who were too big were thugs and brawlers, men who were too small were burglars and pickpockets), etc. Then lead into the first "modern" techniques relying on physical characteristics (finger prints), etc.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When I turn a rock over, sometimes I find a worm, sometimes a snake. Most of the time I find nothing.

Some people, find racism every time, without fail. They think they have a gift. I believe it's a curse.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When I turn a rock over, sometimes I find a worm, sometimes a snake. Most of the time I find nothing.

Some people, find racism every time, without fail. They think they have a gift. I believe it's a curse.

Right? Like outdoor basketball. I missed that shot because of the wind. And that one because of the sun. When I play indoor I can only blame myself for my problems. Better to play outside and get spotted 10 points a game

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Xjeyrxb.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Are you saying this instance isn't racist, or are you just making a general statement?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No one here has supported Rossane Barrs statement? Hollywood douchbags are gonna douchbag. Who cares? This ain't twitter or Facebook.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Roseanne is and always will be a nut job does anyone remember her past achievements!
    “national anthem” performance?
    Calming to a incest victim?
    Dressing like Hitler?
    Tweeting out the Zimmerman guy’s parents address?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Roseanne is and always will be a nut job does anyone remember her past achievements!
    “national anthem” performance?
    Calming to a incest victim?
    Dressing like Hitler?
    Tweeting out the Zimmerman guy’s parents address?

I remember the first one and vaguely remember hearing something about the second, but had no idea on the last two.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    People need to stop getting offended by what idiot celebrities, musicians, and politicians say. These people live in worlds that aren't based in reality and the consequences for their actions are a cancelled show or sponsor. You say that crap in the real world and you're getting curbstomped.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I doubt anyone would be that foolish. Though, I have been surprised before.
    I dont really care what she said. I've heard more racist and violent comments from black celebrities than anything she said. Till theres just as equal treatment of their statements I'll continue to not give a ****. Hell I might even go buy the rosanne season on DVD and never even watch it

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Which black person?
    where do you want me to start? How about the ones that called my daughter the "n" word and a ***** and told her they were gonna rape her? Not a damn thing was done either and an adult heard it and they have cameras too
    We could start there.

I havent taught my kids to call ANYONE that word nor make threats and especialy not like that.
    If she called them that she would have been expelled quicker than you could blink

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dont really care what she said. I've heard more racist and violent comments from black celebrities than anything she said. Till theres just as equal treatment of their statements I'll continue to not give a ****. Hell I might even go buy the rosanne season on DVD and never even watch it

I'm sure that could be said in many instances. Now here's the hitch, and plenty of people aren't going to like this... why are these tirades coming from Trump supporters? And when I say Trump supporters, I'm talking about people who leave no doubt their support for Donald Trump. People who are holding the signs, wearing the hats, going to the rallies, or make it known without a shadow of a doubt, that Donald Trump is their guy. Now, it's a fair question to ask why SOOOO many racist support Donald Trump. Why does he appeal to them... and their not your run of the mill racists, with two teeth, a slack-jaw, that chases their cousins. A lot of these people come straight from suburbia....people who don't "look" the part, as foolish as that sounds. Some would say that Trump has emboldened them, with his rhetoric, and inability to honestly disavow that component of his supporters.

And, before someone tries to create parity, inner-city knuckleheads from the hood, are hardly an apples to apples comparison. They would be the reverse side of the coin of the slack jaw racists.

Top Bottom