• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Democrats want to repeat 1994-2004?

It did not work the first time and we now have dozens of times of more guns in circulation now.

Gun control, what you do when you have no idea of what to do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Democrats want to repeat 1994-2004?

It did not work the first time and we now have dozens of times of more guns in circulation now.

Gun control, what you do when you have no idea of what to do.

Hopefully, they'll get burned at the polls for it.
    But there are a lot of people that have been educated about guns by the media.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Heck, I remember one "detective" on TV holding up a bullet and saying, "It's a 9mm hollowpoint. The preferred bullet of assassins."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Hopefully, they'll get burned at the polls for it.
    But there are a lot of people that have been educated about guns by the media.

At this point, between out tweeter-in-chief and the lunacy of the left, pretty much everyone is getting burned at the polls...

As for those educated by the media, those of us who own firearms need to change how we approach the subject. My wife has actually done a fairly decent job on social media by posting data after these events and then talking about it in a way that doesn't include such common phrases as "libtard", DemocRAT, or other such garbage that is common even amongst our membership. The results have been intelligent conversations and a few changed minds. Its amazing what happens when you apply some thought and care into an argument with the intention of education, not defamation.

At this point, it's our best approach and it can work if those of us who care to do so can push aside the morons on either side who only want to shout at each other. My patience for it has run thin but is still there.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    And barrel shrouds...

If it weren't so serious I would be amused of, once again, laws being crafted by people who know nothing of what the are regulating. So my Beretta 92fs with a threaded barrel is an assault weapon but my Beretta 92fs with the factory barrel is safe as houses.

And it defines a semi-automatic pistol with a second pistol grip as an assault weapon. Does this mean it is no longer an AOW?

This was the same thing when Bush the First ordered ATF to enforce the "sporting purpose" clause of the 1968 GCA. A Norinco AK variant marked 56S, threaded barrel, bayonet lug and pistol grip became evil, but change the name to MAK-90, cover the threads with a spot welded on piece of metal, grind off the bayo lug and install what I call a Bush-hole stock and the rifle suddenly becomes angelic.

That is how stupid these people are.

Okra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I would think any rifle fitted with one of the chainsaw bayos would make the list, but I didn't see any reference to it. :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At this point, between out tweeter-in-chief and the lunacy of the left, pretty much everyone is getting burned at the polls...

As for those educated by the media, those of us who own firearms need to change how we approach the subject. My wife has actually done a fairly decent job on social media by posting data after these events and then talking about it in a way that doesn't include such common phrases as "libtard", DemocRAT, or other such garbage that is common even amongst our membership. The results have been intelligent conversations and a few changed minds. Its amazing what happens when you apply some thought and care into an argument with the intention of education, not defamation.

At this point, it's our best approach and it can work if those of us who care to do so can push aside the morons on either side who only want to shout at each other. My patience for it has run thin but is still there.

:yesway:

Always better to try to educate, if you can.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    After the first 10 pages, I stopped reading. It seems like a verbatum rehash of their original 'assault law'. IIRC some of it got shot down as a 'bill of retainder' (sp? IANAL) and this bill didn't change the template.

Guy, Kirk, others, politics aside, what are the chances of this crap getting through the courts post Heller?

Okra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I used to believe this, but the decades have taught me that sides have pretty much been picked in this debate, and have been for many years. Those who oppose firearm ownership are not open to truth or facts. Their position on this issue is fixed part of their worldview and is inseparable from it. These are not open-minded, truth seeking people. They have an agenda of change, and terminating firearm ownership as it exists is a central tenant of that agenda. It is utterly pointless to interact with these people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After the first 10 pages, I stopped reading. It seems like a verbatum rehash of their original 'assault law'. IIRC some of it got shot down as a 'bill of retainder' (sp? IANAL) and this bill didn't change the template.

Guy, Kirk, others, politics aside, what are the chances of this crap getting through the courts post Heller?

Of course it's a rehash. And as it fails, they'll put it way, to bring it out at the next tragedy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I used to believe this, but the decades have taught me that sides have pretty much been picked in this debate, and have been for many years. Those who oppose firearm ownership are not open to truth or facts. Their position on this issue is fixed part of their worldview and is inseparable from it. These are not open-minded, truth seeking people. They have an agenda of change, and terminating firearm ownership as it exists is a central tenant of that agenda. It is utterly pointless to interact with these people.

There are many people "on the fence".
    I've convinced quite a few.

Not the rabid anti's. But the people on the fence with no gun experience, and then they read all that bad stuff. And that's all the gun experience they have.
    They have NEVER heard any opposing sides, because that's the way the media wants it.

Okra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I would suggest that the reintroduction of this legislation is not coincidental: rather, it has been planned to coincide with the Supreme Court's likely consideration of the Fourth Circuit Kolbe v. Hogan decision. If they do accept this case, which I think they really have to since the 4th Circuit decision created a major split among and between the Circuits, continued legal ownership and possession of so-called 'high capacity magazines' and semi automatic firearms will be at stake. How convenient that they have legislation ready to terminate our rights should the Court side with any of the 4th, 7th or D.C/2nd Circuits!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Of course it's a rehash. And as it fails, they'll put it way, to bring it out at the next tragedy.

Yup. Sooner or later, Dems will control all branches in DC and while in power, another massacre will happen. It'll be all the excuse they need to bring back the ban and, if they follow California's example, there won't be a grandfather clause for existing weapons. At that point either prepare to fight or go to jail or turn them in.

Top Bottom