• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    This fiasco has about the same chance as a snowball in hell. It's just Frankenstein, or whatever her name is, grandstanding. Should we watch it? Sure, but I submit we'll see it die in committee if it gets that far. In the meantime scoot back from the computer desk so you don't bruise your knees.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm sorry, but my hair is just not on fire with this. The hard left Dem's are grandstanding for constituents and it won't get out of republican controlled sub-committee. In the final analysis, one look at the SCOTUS decisions regarding Chicago and Washington D.C., and it wouldn't get past SCOTUS either. It would be seen for what it is: an overly broad gun grab. The SCOTUS justices are not stupid.

Regarding some of the postings about republican inaction, that's not surprising after the Las Vegas and now this Texas tragedy. Those Congressmen and Senators must appeal to a broader base to get reelected, not just the denizens of INGO and others with similar firearm and 2nd Amendment passions. Now is not the time for them to be pushing anything to loosen any existing controls. It wouldn't have very good optics. Perhaps a year or so from now after the dust settles. It's all about balancing act and surviving to fight the next battle. A brute force and ignorance frontal assault may win a battle but it may not win the war. You have to be able to win the next battle, and the battle after that as well. It's time to act when it looks as if it might get out of the full committee. Chances of that are all but zero. How many bills introduced in Congress . . . either house . . . actually make it into law? Damned few. Republicans control the sub-committees and the full committees in both houses.

Keep calm.
    Don't panic and carry a towel.
    The hypertension risk is bad for your health.
    This stuff ain't goin' nowhere.

John

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    This fiasco has about the same chance as a snowball in hell. It's just Frankenstein, or whatever her name is, grandstanding. Should we watch it? Sure, but I submit we'll see it die in committee if it gets that far. In the meantime scoot back from the computer desk so you don't bruise your knees.

True, but eventually the left(er) will be in power...

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    I can remember in 94 when a co-worker said it didn't have a snow balls chance in hell of passing also. The next day it was passed by one or two votes. Take this seriously, it can happen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have made the decision to oppose this legislation :patriot:

I wish my congress critter would come out and state it like that. Instead I just get the "will keep your views in mind" position...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I have made the decision to oppose this legislation :patriot:

I wish my congress critter would come out and state it like that. Instead I just get the "will keep your views in mind" position...

That's the usual completely non-committal content of the standard "form letter" reply I get from any communication I've sent a Congressmen, Senators, or any state legislators.

John

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Can this be tacked on to the Trump tax plan (or other must pass bill) like the Hughes Amendment was to the Onmibus bill?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Of course it's a rehash. And as it fails, they'll put it way, to bring it out at the next tragedy.

The big difference (unless I've missed it) is that there doesn't seem to be a sunset provision as there was in the original.

I'm sure that's one of their biggest regrets from '94. That is surely not a "mistake" they'll make again, and they will try again, even after it fails in 2017.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This morning on FB, I had some guy show up in my feed as a suggested post that was gun owner for sensible gun control... so the gun banners are going to going to roll that out again as well.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Common sense gun laws:

1). Remove suppressor legislation. I show them information regarding hearing damage and how suppressors are used in Europe.
    2). Remove SBR legislation. I show them a picture of an AR pistol with a sig brace and a SBR.....and show how silly BATFE is.
    3). Remove the Hughes Amendment to allow full auto firearms for public sale manufactured after 1968. I show them the legal path for owning full auto firearms and how silly it is to basically only allow rich people to own them.

That’s the conversation I start when they say they want compromise and “common sense” gun laws.....lets start there. Otherwise, it’s not really compromise, and it’s not really common sense.....it’s just them wanting to take away another piece of our already quite small cake. AND I WANT MY ****ING CAKE BACK! Personally, I’m done listening to anything they have to say about gun control until they listen as well.

Last edited:

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sounds like a suppressed pistol is now banned on this list. Interesting.

Also, semi automatic with tube magazines over 10 rounds other than .22 are banned.

For those talking confiscation. Their plan is to ban the transfer thus in a generation or 2, these will be out of circulation. In that time, though, we all know up next is bolt actions, lever actions, and any other repeating rifle or pistol. I don't think, at this point, losing them in a lake is necessary. When they get another excuse, they'll start ordering registration or confiscation.

Top Bottom