The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are people who really appreciate the game of baseball. They're true fans more than I'd say they have a mega-creepy infatuation. I'd say I'm more of a casual fan. But I won't fault Will for appreciating the game more than I do. No need to seek out reasons to dislike him. Isn't that he dissed Trump enough for you? :stickpoke:

I found Will creepy lo-o-o-ng before Trump. Have you read any of his writing devoted to the game? His love of the game seems more Humbert Humbert/Lolita than typical American youth. He's a pallid shadow of his idol William F, kind of like trying to contrast Milo and Carlin - not even in the same league (ugh, besuboru metaphor)

I think the people who find a nine inning pitcher's duel exciting are probably the same ones entertained by a nil-nil soccer match. I'm told it takes all kinds

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No and nothing.

It was a stupid comment in a closed meeting. Whoever ran to the media with the comment should be fired.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...icial-mocked-dying-mccain-at-internal-meeting

From your cite

“It doesn’t matter, he’s dying anyway,” Sadler said, according to a source familiar with the remarks at the meeting.

THAT'S IT!? So if I quote "No one here gets out alive" or "You're walking. And you don't always realize it but you're always falling" or “From the moment we are born, we begin to die” then I'm mocking McCain (and by extension the end of life for all humans)

How utterly egocentric

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Im trying to reconcile how you think it's ok to fire the person who reported the offensive comment, but not the person who actually said it. They didn't leak classified information, they reported something they found offensive.

I find this formulation even more amusing; as I have seen no indication that you think leakers of classified information should be punished, either

Tangled webs

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Im trying to reconcile how you think it's ok to fire the person who reported the offensive comment, but not the person who actually said it. They didn't leak classified information, they reported something they found offensive.
    Because that person should have handled it inside the White House, not by leaking it to the media.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “It’s okay. He’s dying anyway.” An insensitive thing to say for sure. Ain’t nothin’ to lose one’s job over. Maybe a letter of repremand.

Leaking it, eh. Whatever. But I can understand that people might think the leaker should be fired for undermining the administration. It’s really more sensational than a real story. So it does make the leaker petty.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And it is true. In a way it is kind of refreshing to hear the truth for a change instead of all the lies from the last administration.

In the grand scheme, I agree with Jamil. It's offensive, but fairly minor. But how you can cite this instance as indicative of the truthfulness of the current administration, I honestly have no idea.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It was a terrible thing to say. If it was said in a closed door meeting that should have been pointed out when it was said. It speaks to the tenor of the administration that it apparently was not. On the other hand there is only one reason to leak such a comment and that's to undermine the administration. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want either one of those guys on my team.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Holy GLOCK-amolee! Kut, BA, and jamil believe kinda the same thing at the same time. You know what this means? If we get Trigger Time on board, or maybe another Trumper or 3, we can prove the world is flat.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In truth, you, Kut and I's positions aren't all that far apart. Probably closer than any of us would admit. But, it is fun to poke the bear and watch his reaction. I think by stimulating his cardio system I am actually doing him a service. I'm a giver. ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Holy GLOCK-amolee! Kut, BA, and jamil believe kinda the same thing at the same time. You know what this means? If we get Trigger Time on board, or maybe another Trumper or 3, we can [STRIKE]prove the world is flat[/STRIKE] [Trigger a rift in the space-time continuum.]

stop that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom