• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep. Full range of motion. My current middle is wider than my shoulders.

Do judo/BJJ gi not have side ties in the kimono? That messed me up a bit.

I don't know about bjj, but a judo gi won't have them. They would get torn very quickly.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This was the plan at first, but my opponents became distracted and kept trying to motorboat me.

You make that sound like a bad thing. I'd call that a tactical advantage, as long as they're not looking you right in the eyes as they do it.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I really should have unsubscribed from this topic at the first sign of trouble.

I have no one but myself to blame.

You're just jealous. Its normally you that brings in all the boys.

Chezuki should come give us another update and tell us what he's learning this week in class.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You're just jealous. Its normally you that brings in all the boys.

Chezuki should come give us another update and tell us what he's learning this week in class.

Updates this evening. Tonight will be my first class in a gi (provided the MIL got the pants hemmed today)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Updates this evening. Tonight will be my first class in a gi (provided the MIL got the pants hemmed today)

Excellent, the first time you've ever been choked unconscious by your own clothing. Well, the first time that didn't involve a lot of liquor and a few frat boys.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Excellent, the first time you've ever been choked unconscious by your own clothing. Well, the first time that didn't involve a lot of liquor and a few frat boys.

Random white belt I don't know went for a baseball bat choke (or whatever you call it) tonight. He thinks he's close but it's not that good. Then the bell rings to signal the round and he just keeps going an extra 40 seconds. He really wanted that tap.

Today I learned, again, that I keep making the same mistakes with the same people. I feel like I haven't learned anything or advanced me skills in awhile. Very frustrating. I need to keep a notebook.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The gi did not give me super Jiu-Jitsu powers, nor did it magically boost my strength or endurance. And yes, I was choked with my own lapel within the first 10 minutes of class (not counting warm ups). It did however, seem to garner just a hint of respect from my classmates. There were several high-fives and a couple "hell yeahs!" when I showed up no longer in a tshirt and workout pants.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I might also have just realized that I might do better when I let go and let things flow than when I try too hard to hold on to whatever I've got.

Maybe there's a metaphor in there that's bigger than BJJ too.

Top Bottom