• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's awesome. Love the know to the classic look. I wonder if when they say "classic" games, it will only be confined to the 2600, or if it will have content all the way up to the Jaguar.

Definitely interesting. They say it'll have pre-installed "all" the games, as well as be ready for new ones? Unsure on that... Like a set-top box?

Gameranx touches on it today: https://youtu.be/H4ZQPgVsHkg?t=358

Edit: I re-listened to it. "old" Atari games, not "all"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

As an information security professional, I find this very interesting. I hope they're right, but can't see one firm protecting everyone on the internet. At some point, I'm curious if they can get too big and have too many customer to protect, but I'm not sure how the tech works, so I don't know. I sure wouldn't mind seeing DDoS be a thing of the past.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Check out this face in the Unreal Engine. We're almost out of the uncanny valley

[video=youtube;Vo_FALeUc8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_FALeUc8c[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    haha cool!

I loved DOS 6.2. The disk compression thing was cool for about 18 seconds. But, the full screen text editor (introduced in one of the version 5 iterations) was improved. That helped with editing autoexec.bat and config.sys.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Windows Phone is Officially Dead

Microsoft's Corporate Vice President for Windows, Joe Belfiore, has today clarified the company's stance with Windows 10 Mobile and what it's currently doing in the mobile space. In a series of tweets on Twitter, Belfiore states that as an individual end-user, he has switched to Android, and that Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a focus for Microsoft.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I actually agree with this at a certain level.

I also think that it will be the most likely driver to a sort of dystopian version of administrative hell. Multifactor authentication for all sorts of interactions.

MFA is not a bad thing. I'd rather credit reporting/checks, account creation all had MFA involved. It would be better than this garbage that goes on.

Something you know and something you have... it works... as long as they don't turn around and do something stupid like put a magnetic stripe on the back of a card that let's you circumvent a chip and PIN... oh wait a minute :-(

Seriously though, MFA when implemented correctly is not an issue at all. Use it all the time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    MFA is not a bad thing. I'd rather credit reporting/checks, account creation all had MFA involved. It would be better than this garbage that goes on.

Something you know and something you have... it works... as long as they don't turn around and do something stupid like put a magnetic stripe on the back of a card that let's you circumvent a chip and PIN... oh wait a minute :-(

Seriously though, MFA when implemented correctly is not an issue at all. Use it all the time.

IANAE, but is not the most common form of MA the receipt of a second 'password' (authentification code) via cell phone? Could I not circumvent simply by stealing/cloning your phone?

Top Bottom