• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IANAE, but is not the most common form of MA the receipt of a second 'password' (authentification code) via cell phone? Could I not circumvent simply by stealing/cloning your phone?
    Historically, yes. Although they didn't have to clone your phone. There are ways for them to hijack your SMS messages.

That is changing though. There are dedicated apps for MFA that are far more secure. Someone can still steal your actual phone and use it for the second factor, but it would have to be the actual device.

If you have the option to use MFA, always choose to do so. Do not use SMS or email to receive the codes unless there is no better option available.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got sucked in by an Amazon email. Ended up ordering a Fire HD 10 2017 . The 10.5" 1080p screen for $150 got me, (old Nexus 7 about done.) We'll see how much we can Android/Googlize the Amazon OS.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hah this is pretty cool. LGR took a look at some 80s home automation software for MS-DOS.... and... it still works! Really neat

[video=youtube;pm33KB2Th9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie

I've recently taken a break from Facebook and got more active on message boards and Reddit in my spare time. Now that I don't have the FB app on my phone I don't scroll it endlessly seeing the same things over and over again. It has really made me happier and actually freed up a lot of time for me to read some books or play games.

When FB and Instagram decided to bombard everyone with things they thought you'd like to see it really took a turn for the worse. No matter how many times I change the setting for my FB newsfeed back to chronological it always gets changed back to "top stories". Instagram doesn't offer that option at all and they really should. I could have just liked someone's post because it was funny but otherwise I don't like much of what they post and next thing I know all I see is their stuff all the time. There were a lot of cool pages I followed on Instagram but I never see anything they post anymore. Instead I see like 3-4 people who spam memes all day long and occasionally post a family photo or a hobby they do. So Instagram thinks I only want to see that stuff because I like 1 out of every 100 pictures they post and I just get tired of scrolling through their trash all day long.

The good think about message boards, Reddit, and similar sites are that I can actually see what I want to see. I have started going through Facebook and blocking pages (any news and political site I see, politicians, celebrities who spew their opinions and other opinions sites, and anything that would just clutter up my newsfeed with trash). I am just as religious and political as the next person but when you can never take a break from it and the depressing news, it just wears you out. Maybe one day people will treat Facebook like MySpace and move on but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Top Bottom