• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But rememebr, Harvey came of age in the 60s. Back then it was Ok to objectify women, rape them, and force them to watch you do things naked :dunno:

giphy.gif

Yes...I 'member....

l.gif

tumblr_mz1og0GnbC1slhdbho1_500.gif

tenor.gif

adams-fam.gif

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-20367-1410831771-1.gif

Ah the good old days.....:)

tumblr_mpn82p4CMH1suchdko1_400.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What a pig! I do not understand why people (mostly men) do this kind of thing to other human beings. There has got to be some mental defect to allow yourself to do that. Lets face it, every thirteen year old boy figures out how to obtain the physical release, so it can't really be a physical thing.

Why did these women not come out with these accounts when they happened and perhaps saved others from the same or worse fate? Was the lure of money and fame just too much for their moral compass? Did the power of Hollywood crush these women's accusations to keep this dirty little secret buried?

IDK, maybe ask Anita Hill?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who has built the rest of her career on those accusations....

I buy "course" joking. I don't buy anything more.

Yeah, not intending to impugn Thomas. Speaking more toward ambitious career climbers who develop the vapors later, when they've already gotten what they want

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Jimmy Kimmel......why is this guy relevant again.......:dunno:

He's not. Just pointing out his, and the rest of hollywoods hipocracy.
    When they do not take advantage of such low hanging fruit, jokes and such regarding current events, it really makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They knew. Listen to Seth McFarlane allude to it a couple years ago, and those people in the room knew exactly what he was talking about

Seth MacFarlane Joked in 2013 About Harvey Weinstein's Moves on Actresses | TMZ.com

There's some sick **** in Hollywood, this is nothing compared to what's likely under it all.

Not to defend anyone for having maintained the one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood, there is a social phenomenon that is assuredly not exclusive to Hollywood. Epoxy a 2x4x4 inch block to a floor in the middle of an office and do not allow it to be removed. Within a couple of months it becomes invisible to everyone who works there as they've become conditioned to stepping over or around it. The block is only visible to those who are visiting that have never been there before. I have seen this exact phenomenon occur and it was a poignant example of the need to speak up and make an effort to have the block removed when you first see it and recognize it as a trip hazard. If not, in a very short time you also will begin stepping over and around it. The fault, if one wants to find it with those who didn't speak up until now, is not having spoken up when they first tripped over the block. If enough are stepping over and around it, doing so becomes embedded in the culture itself, becoming a "yup, that's typical Harvey; welcome to the club" response to anyone who isn't persistent.

You can ask why all these apparently hundreds if not thousands knew about Harvey Weinstein for years and never said or did anything. Aside from his immense power to destroy someone or their film projects, they had all conditioned themselves to sub-consciously to step over or around the block in the middle of the floor. To some extent it was the path of least resistance and least hazard. The man was known to torpedo films financially if the producer(s), director or some other principal ran afoul of him, and it could cost someone or some investor group many millions. The decisions on when to release, where (number of theaters), and market advertising effort can tank a movie. Not only did it cost money, he also torpedoed potential Oscar winners, which in itself substantially increases a winner's earning power. He didn't care, other than demonstrating he had the power to do so if you didn't toe his line and kow tow to him (yup, a mixed metaphor). Hollywood is not a meritocracy and it hasn't been for nearly a century when the Studio Era Golden Age emerged in the Post WWI early 1920's.

As an aside, none of the performing arts are much of a meritocracy. It's their very nature of who is better than someone else within a particular performing art is completely subjective. Those who control who gets which roles and what projects will be performed wield immense power. It can be very arbitrary and very capricious. There are, however, legal limits on behavior in the workplace and too many cross those boundaries with seeming impunity. Pursuing criminal charges now, for all but the most very recent, will be extremely problematic and not just because of statute of limitations issues.

Harvey Weinstein, however, is publicly ruined. It's tragic that it took as much carnage as it did over so many years to finally take him down. As this unfolds I predict he will be financially ruined from the tort claims raised in just defending them.

John

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I like the 2x4 analogy but Hollywood is full of hypocrites. It's like I have a 2x4 in my office that everyone does not notice but I claim all the other offices in the city with 2x4s are a menace to society while I ignore my own trip hazard.

Top Bottom