Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Throwing these out there.

The first picture is my grandpa's 1964 Impala SS. I was lucky and blessed enough to inherit it in May. He was the original owner, so it's staying in the family for good. We managed to find pretty much every original sales and ownership document related to the car. 71,300 original miles, 327 with a powerglide.

The second car is my dad's 1967 Plymouth Satellite. It came as a pale yellow 318 car, now it has twin turbos on a 470. It's the screamer compliment to the Impala cruiser.

Wow. Gorgeous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The first picture is my grandpa's 1964 Impala SS. I was lucky and blessed enough to inherit it in May. He was the original owner, so it's staying in the family for good. We managed to find pretty much every original sales and ownership document related to the car. 71,300 original miles, 327 with a powerglide.

The second car is my dad's 1967 Plymouth Satellite. It came as a pale yellow 318 car, now it has twin turbos on a 470. It's the screamer compliment to the Impala cruiser.

I am loving the Green.
    And both are stellar pieces.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Very nice cars Conductor. I'm partial to the b-body Mopar though, it brings back some fond memories. :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only "I was born ready Mr Shelby" moment was in mitsu that was all wheel drive and had all kinds of 4 cylinder go fast goodies built into it, very fast! It's amazing what a little forced induction is capable of.

I learned to respect some of the little engines that could when we ran with the pack a few summers when we shared the track with them. They ran their classes and we ran ours with the odd grudge match thrown in. They also learned to respect old school big black chevy's........:)

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Here's what Ol' Cleeter needs:
    60lb valve springs
    4k or 5k governor spring kit
    regear it
    Injectors (I would bet $500 it has 370 marine injectors in it as is)
    Compounds.

I'm really hoping that they just add a turbo to it and don't give up on that he351. The combo in my truck is an he351 with an S475. I'd easily push over 80lbs of boost if I had more fuel to add. There's no reason that wouldn't work doubly as well on that little Galaxie.

Also, over-revving is fine if he has valve springs lol. Which, I have no idea. But they're only like $100 for the set. Considering the work that was done to that car, I feel like it already has the springs in it. At least, I would hope so. That's one of the first mods I did to my engine before it ever got installed in my Dodge.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    PS, my old truck, Frank, made 435 at the wheels with the stock HX35 and 370 marine injectors. The he351 isn't much different from the HX35, which is why I'm betting that's what he's got in it.
    I have a video of the dyno from a few years ago. Thought it was on my YT channel, but guess not. Will upload it later on.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    It would be fun to do that. There's a race the next day, but I don't see why the car can't pull double duty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom