• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love my Rem870 but haven't been able to shoot it for a couple of years now with my shoulder issues. :( Hopefully I'll be able to again some day.

JoGIeLUh.jpg

I love that thing.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    ^^^Nice looking gun.. love those short barrels.

Mossburg 500 20" loaded with federal flight control 00 buck for me. 7 rounds in the tube, 6 on a side saddle and one in the chamber...if thats not enough then I had no chance anyways.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I keep telling myself to buy a cheap AR. I own 1 AR and people keep telling me I need a spare. But truth is the AR just doesn't trip my trigger. Don't get me wrong they are fun to shoot but if given a choice I would go with my shotgun. AR is in the safe while I keep 2 different 870s handy. Instead of a second AR I picked up a 20 gauge mossberg 500 Bantam and 18" barrel.

Someday when western civilization is consumed by zombies I figure you will find an 870 and 1911 next to whatever is left of my corpse.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I spend some time up in the mountains, so I keep an 870 handy for big problems. I cut my teeth on an 870, shot my first deer with one, I will probably always have one. I keep Brenneke Black Magic Magnums in mine.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks, I do to. When the law was changed I went on the hunt for a factory 870 SBS (I hate engraving my name/info on guns) and was lucky enough to stumble across this one pretty quickly. Wish I could shoot the danged thing.

I remember you posting pics around that time. I've just been lazy, but I'd like to mimic that setup. Minus the flippy floppy sling.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I am a believer in the Moss 500, 5shot + 1 tube for my personal use. I added the Magpul stock, and kept the front piece as a Tactical with the Mossberg strap affixed. Sidesaddle installed. 18 1/2 in bbl and a clip on Hi Viz sight works great. Working on a TLR-1 set up and will be complete. I installed the quick release stud/bracket for my sling to use, I formerly had Entry Training, and the sling has some merits. At home it usually gets removed. Ammo: Cross loaded Slug vs 00 Buck, and same on sidesaddle. Would like some #4 tactical, seems like stores don't carry a lot of it. AR 15: Had one for years, carried one in a Squad. Good firearm, never fired mine except quals. Don't have one anymore. Am looking again since prices dropped.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    There is no reason a pump action shotgun would be less lethal today, than it was back in WWI. The Germans filed a formal complaint that our side was using them to great effect. The shotgun will always have it's place.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't make fun of my flippy floppy.

I ran a single point on my RRA, until I went on my first K9 track. Now up until the end of my career, I was always my K9 team's third... but that first one must have been 4 or 5 miles, through streams, brush, and over every type of fence you could think off. That damn single point beat the hell out of me, and when the track ended, and we had to walk back, it beat me up some more. I switched to 2 point, and never looked back. Cinch that baby to you chest and hoof it back.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not a fan of dedicated single point or dedicated two point slings, I like the convertible versions. You just can't see the forward sling adapter because it's on the right side of the gun. Single point when I've got two hands on the gun, 2 point when I can't.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I think #1 FC is now what the coolest of the kewl run. It's actually pretty impressive in testing, extremely consistent including in intermediate barrier testing.

That said I'm still using 00 FC. The differences are angels dancing on the head of a pin.

I like FC #1 buck. I have shot #1 in a H&K 512 (Franchi). I think the 512 was designed to use #4 buck because of the shot spreader. I saw a picture of a 512 with the adapter shot off the barrel using 000 buck. #1 buck is as large as I am willing shoot in a uncommon shotgun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    After reading this thread, I have a confession. I hate pump shotguns! There, I said it.

The last pump I had was an 870 Wingmaster, .410. That was 14 years ago. I have never owned a 12G pump. I only own one shotgun, and it's 20G O/U.

:flamethrower:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    M 870 and 590 are in the very back of the safe, I sooo love my M1S90. One of these days, when the zombies come(and they will), I'll pull the pumper out of the safe!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After reading this thread, I have a confession. I hate pump shotguns! There, I said it.

The last pump I had was an 870 Wingmaster, .410. That was 14 years ago. I have never owned a 12G pump. I only own one shotgun, and it's 20G O/U.

:faint:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    After reading this thread, I have a confession. I hate pump shotguns! There, I said it.The last pump I had was an 870 Wingmaster, .410. That was 14 years ago. I have never owned a 12G pump. I only own one shotgun, and it's 20G O/U.:flamethrower:
    I've never owned a 410! It's ok man nobody likes everything but that's surprising. Don't like the recoil or anything about em?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've never owned a 410! It's ok man nobody likes everything but that's surprising. Don't like the recoil or anything about em?

I think I was just to dumb to remember to rack a pump gun. :D

I've had several O/U's, and most were 12s, but it just got to the point where the lighter guns became more appealing when I was bird hunting every weekend.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

What the hell? There's only one type of long gun I hate... muzzies. And only one type of handgun I hate... those old ass, rickety, antiques that make flintlocks seem reliable..... 1911s

Kut (runs away)

Top Bottom