• ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    ^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

I grew up deep into Sci-Fi. The thing I enjoy about this series is the expansion of the special effects from start to now. I occasionally watch the 1st one just to remember how much I was amazed at the effects only to see that now as fun to watch. As computer graphics advanced the experience rose with them.

In the trailers I saw the Falcon crashed and burning. That to me marks the end and means some old movie friends have met their ends as well.
    I am going just to experience this on the Imax with my 12 year old G-daughter. With the Marvel/DC/Star wars series this is our thing. Time we share. I hope to continue this with her for as long as I can.

Entertainment. Pure and simple. 4+ decades of entertainment.

I loved the Expanded Universe. I have a ton of the books. That said, I can still enjoy those books, but they are not cannon, I can live with that. I miss some of what went on, but I can reread those books as I said. The last three series of 9 books each series were very good, I laughed, I cried, I had to think about some of what was brought up.

However, just taking the world as just the movies, it works. As I said, I enjoyed the movie. I want to say that I felt like this film fixed a few things from the second film, but then I only saw the second film once. The first one in this trilogy I have seen a few times.

As far as the Falcon goes, she is a tough old bird. I'm not going to spoil anything, and just leave it at that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, I can either spend the afternoon reading all the wonderful posts in the INGO "impeachment" thread....

or,

reserve my two favorite recliner seats at the the local theater at matinee prices and head over there for an early afternoon show.....

bye.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've read quite a few reviews and while the naysayers had problems with plot, everyone of them said it is a visually stunning movie. That says I'll go see it just for the visuals, if nothing else.

This ^^^^^^^^

The last movie looked great, SUCKED a BIG ONE but looked great.

AMC traders point Imax for us. Seats H-10 and H-11.

I've got Imax tickets for Saturday.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Critic from rottentomatoes
    [FONT=&quot]Not so much a continuation, but a tangent, an almost complete erasure of the bold choices made by Rian Johnson which dared to expand the series' horizons, but Abrams has never been able to resist the dark power of the nostalgia.[/FONT]

:facepalm:

Sounds like it will be much better then.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'll be taking my Dad to see it sometime next week, the latest installment in our tradition of seeing such movies together (LOTR, Hobbitt, Star Wars). I am hopeful to a good resolution to the storyline and characters, but am skeptical.

I've said since TLJ that I was reserving judgment on that installment until I see how everything gets resolved. Now is the moment of truth.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just finished seeing the movie. I really liked it. The critics were too critical. Yeah, it was a little choppy at first, but it's a Star Wars movie and probably one of the better ones.

Don't sit too close. And the movie is LOUD. Foam ear plugs might be useful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just finished seeing the movie. I really liked it. The critics were too critical. Yeah, it was a little choppy at first, but it's a Star Wars movie and probably one of the better ones.

Don't sit too close. And the movie is LOUD. Foam ear plugs might be useful.

Did you do the Imax. The sound is usually more potable.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Did you do the Imax. The sound is usually more potable.

Local Regal with recliner seating. We were just back of the handicap seating in the second row of the back section. IMAX enough for me!

The movie wasn't all that overly loud for most I would guess, but the promo trailers had me stuffing Kleenex in my ears. .... Sure hope that was a clean one...... I've got enough hearing loss that loud sounds bother me a lot more than they used to. Don't know why, but it is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Local Regal with recliner seating. We were just back of the handicap seating in the second row of the back section. IMAX enough for me!

The movie wasn't all that overly loud, but the promo trailers had me stuffing Kleenex in my ears. .... Sure hope that was a clean one......

:):

WE have found the sweet spot in the theater we like. It has recliners. Center center. Middle of the room dead center north/south.....east/west in the screen. Perfect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :):

WE have found the sweet spot in the theater we like. It has recliners. Center center. Middle of the room dead center north/south.....east/west in the screen. Perfect.

The bad thing about that. People. People suck. Behind you they kick their seats. Cough and snot all over. Drop their soda so it gets all over your shoes. If they're in front of you there's always some lady with big hair that belongs in the 1980s. If they have kids, they're loud and obnoxious.

Oh jeez. I am talking myself out of the theater experience.

But. Last time I went to the theater it was recliner seats. We were in the end two seats on some row reasonably centered. No one behind us. People next to us was an old couple. They were hitting the sauce all through the movie. Old couple snuck in a bottle of something. Couldn't tell what but I could smell the alcohol. They were quiet and mostly unnoticeable. They can drink all they want as long as they don't act like *******s.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son and I just got back from watching it.
    Very enjoyable. My son, a huge Star Wars nerd, was glad they showed the full power of a Sith lord.
    I enjoyed how the ending really tied up all the hanging threads.
    Guess it's time for a Star Wars marathon on Disney +!

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The bad thing about that. People. People suck. Behind you they kick their seats. Cough and snot all over. Drop their soda so it gets all over your shoes. If they're in front of you there's always some lady with big hair that belongs in the 1980s. If they have kids, they're loud and obnoxious.

Oh jeez. I am talking myself out of the theater experience.

But. Last time I went to the theater it was recliner seats. We were in the end two seats on some row reasonably centered. No one behind us. People next to us was an old couple. They were hitting the sauce all through the movie. Old couple snuck in a bottle of something. Couldn't tell what but I could smell the alcohol. They were quiet and mostly unnoticeable. They can drink all they want as long as they don't act like *******s.

Hence the reason you build your own HT (5.1 to 7.1 or 7.2 surround with a quality front projector and quality screen @ 2.40:1 aspect ratio) and wait for the BD to come out. You can watch the movie in your own comfort.

Top Bottom