• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll be watching it eventually. It will be at home and I do have top notch home theater gear.
    I have all the rest of the Star Wars on BluRay and I hope this isn't the last of the series. If it's really the last then I has a big sad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll be watching it eventually. It will be at home and I do have top notch home theater gear.
    I have all the rest of the Star Wars on BluRay and I hope this isn't the last of the series. If it's really the last then I has a big sad.
    They’ll be making more SW movies. Just not from the Skywalker saga. But there won’t be another one for awhile. And when they do come out don’t expect that they’ll necessarily be another trilogy.

I kinda hope they’ll explore Knights of the old republic in future movies. It’s not really cannon, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be. The Darth Revan story arc is really interesting.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Far better than the last one. Still... it was forgettable.
    Doesn't feel like Star Wars anymore. It feels like alternate universe or something, l can’t put my finger on it.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    They’ll be making more SW movies. Just not from the Skywalker saga. But there won’t be another one for awhile. And when they do come out don’t expect that they’ll necessarily be another trilogy.

I kinda hope they’ll explore Knights of the old republic in future movies. It’s not really cannon, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be. The Darth Revan story arc is really interesting.

In a no spoiler thread, did you just drop some information about a new character????

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Far better than the last one. Still... it was forgettable.
    Doesn't feel like Star Wars anymore. It feels like alternate universe or something, l can’t put my finger on it.
    It’s not George Lucas behind it?

Both Abrams and Johnson have tried to make SW films with their usual formulas. Mandelorian feels more like SW I think because the approach has been more like Lucas. They’re making a space cowboy show, which is what Lucas said was his motivation for SW. Plus, Lucas is consulting for the show.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In a no spoiler thread, did you just drop some information about a new character????
    No. Darth Revan is from the video game series Knights of the Old Republic. There have been books and comics made about him. There is a lot to the old Star Wars universe. Way more characters and stories than just what’s in the movies. When Disney bought out Lucasfilms, most of that is no longer cannon, including KOTOR.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    No. Darth Revan is from the video game series Knights of the Old Republic. There have been books and comics made about him. There is a lot to the old Star Wars universe. Way more characters and stories than just what’s in the movies. When Disney bought out Lucasfilms, most of that is no longer cannon, including KOTOR.

Thanks. My knowledge is limited to the films. I'm am completely uniformed about other aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I thought it was a complete mess. Rain Johnson broke the entire series last time and they weren't able to fix it with this movie.

Edit.....Did you even read the title to this thread. No spoilers. None. We do not want to hear about any plot twists or character changes. Period.

I just reserved seats for myself and the 12 year old. We both have stopped watching the trailers.

We can have and express opinions here on Ingo. Sometimes we ask they be limited and this is one of those times.

I read your posts. I understand your approach. Just do not approach this post.

-CM-

Last edited by a moderator:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Watching the series again in anticipation of seeing TROS again this weekend. What does it say of Captain Antilles the he is still only a Captain flying the same bucket for approximately 20 years? His ship took Organa and baby Leia to Alderan shortly after her birth and was the ship used by the rebels to transport the stolen Death Star plans in the beginning of A New Hope.

I guess since it wasn't a war ship he had reached the pinnacle of a career in the merchant marines?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hence the reason you build your own HT (5.1 to 7.1 or 7.2 surround with a quality front projector and quality screen @ 2.40:1 aspect ratio) and wait for the BD to come out. You can watch the movie in your own comfort.

You guys are missing out if you don't see this one in IMAX. Just saw it last night, the movie is visually stunning. I also have a high-end home theater, but there is no way to duplicate the experience of seeing this movie in IMAX with any home theater system.

I'm a casual Star Wars fan and I really enjoyed this one. Lots of questions answered and a good ending.

Maybe I'm just easy to please after suffering with the abortion that was the ending of Game of Thrones. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys are missing out if you don't see this one in IMAX. Just saw it last night, the movie is visually stunning. I also have a high-end home theater, but there is no way to duplicate the experience of seeing this movie in IMAX with any home theater system.

I'm a casual Star Wars fan and I really enjoyed this one. Lots of questions answered and a good ending.

Maybe I'm just easy to please after suffering with the abortion that was the ending of Game of Thrones. :):

Imax reserved seats for Friday early matinee.

bollerman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    My wife, daughter, and I saw it Thursday night at an opening night fan event. Totally loved it! My daughter and I took my wife's father and sister to see it Sunday. They're not huge fans like us, so they weren't as impressed, but still enjoyed it. I'm resisting the urge to go see it again this week. It was a great ride, and good fun. I heard that the critics hated it and that made me want to see it more. There are some great things in it to discuss once the no spoilers rule is off.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My wife, daughter, and I saw it Thursday night at an opening night fan event. Totally loved it! My daughter and I took my wife's father and sister to see it Sunday. They're not huge fans like us, so they weren't as impressed, but still enjoyed it. I'm resisting the urge to go see it again this week. It was a great ride, and good fun. I heard that the critics hated it and that made me want to see it more. There are some great things in it to discuss once the no spoilers rule is off.

IIRC, the critics ripped "A New Hope" a "new one"! Critics. . . . .:alcoholic:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

Of course IMAX (the true one in Indiana State Museum) is not comparable to HT. The surround sound in itself is totally different. Sitting in IMAX theater at the middle and rearmost seat is the best viewing place. I have a 128" screen veiwing at 13" isn't bad at all, kinda like a miniture IMAX.:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course IMAX (the true one in Indiana State Museum) is not comparable to HT. The surround sound in itself is totally different. Sitting in IMAX theater at the middle and rearmost seat is the best viewing place. I have a 128" screen veiwing at 13" isn't bad at all, kinda like a miniture IMAX.:):

We (myself and the 12 year old G-daughter) have found our favorite seats in the Imax the AMC traders point has. rows H or I seats 10 and 11.
    If I can not reserve those seats we wait.

Top Bottom