• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The First Order/Bad Guys need to get a new ship design firm. Who designed the ships Boeing Max 737 team. Light Saber fighting great, ship to ship fighting a joke.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m curious about the hype that it’s a “controversial” movie. I’m not gonna get to see it until this weekend. Any of you guys see it as all that controversial? Some here seem to really like it. Others not so much. But. Without spoilers. Any justification for labeling it as controversial?

It’s already out there that the main complaint seems to be that it undoes all that Rian Johnson established in Last Jedi. If that’s true, do you think it’s the politics that people don’t like? Because Last Jedi had a definite political overtone to it. I kinda think it’s more that a lot of people thought TLJ broke SW. There are a lot of rumors that Disney put a lot of pressure on JJ Abrams to “fix” it.

So, if that’s the case, the butthurt would be, not necessarily political, but that the people who liked TLJ, didn’t like the stuff they liked about it being undone. So again, without spoilers, what are your thoughts?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Controversial? Not at all really.
    You did get the vibe (well more like a straight up smack in the face, it wasn't subtle) that everything the TLJ tried to do was a mistake/wrong.
    It was a course correction back to where is was supposed to be from TFA. TLJ flushed TFA and ROS flushed TLJ.

There was upset on the SJW side. They put a bit of "same sex relationship" into the film but it wasn't enough for some.
    There was a reported plan to make certain main characters have a "relationship" but they didn't take the "brave" step to put it in the movie.
    (this would have added NOTHING to the movie except SJW credits, which was a BIG problem throughout TLJ and why it was suckage.)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The First Order/Bad Guys need to get a new ship design firm. Who designed the ships Boeing Max 737 team. Light Saber fighting great, ship to ship fighting a joke.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    sTJBHas.jpg

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As a casual fan, I think the biggest problem of Rise of Skywalker was that so much time was spent cleaning up the damage done by The Last Jedi that its own story felt kind of rushed and detached from continuity. You could tell that they've thrown much of it together with the goal of pleasing the fans they lost in the last film. It certainly had a little more of a George Lucas touch to the writing. (He actually returned to help them write the story.) Had they planned out the trilogy better to slowly build up to the end battle in Rise of Skywalker, it would have felt more epic.

Also, Leia's scenes reminded me of that episode of South Park where they killed off Chef. The voice actor quit so they dubbed all of his lines with random soundbytes from previous episodes. Leia's uncanny appearance and simple dialog just didn't feel right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a casual fan, I think the biggest problem of Rise of Skywalker was that so much time was spent cleaning up the damage done by The Last Jedi that its own story felt kind of rushed and detached from continuity. You could tell that they've thrown much of it together with the goal of pleasing the fans they lost in the last film. It certainly had a little more of a George Lucas touch to the writing. (He actually returned to help them write the story.) Had they planned out the trilogy better to slowly build up to the end battle in Rise of Skywalker, it would have felt more epic.

Also, Leia's scenes reminded me of that episode of South Park where they killed off Chef. The voice actor quit so they dubbed all of his lines with random soundbytes from previous episodes. Leia's uncanny appearance and simple dialog just didn't feel right.

Border line. I have not seen it yet...…..:nono:

We have 11:30 tickets tomorrow...:):

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I wasn't excited at all about this film.

Reason 1: I have a severe Disney aversion. They're nothing more than disgusting money grubbing toy salesmen. Stories be damned.

Reason 2: J.J. Abrams. I will be cold in the ground before I forgive him for the abortion he made of the Star Trek universe.

Reason 3: The last two films.

However, recent reveiws posted by more involved and level headed acquaintances have convinced me to go see it this week. I still won't get a speeding ticket on the way there.

We'll see.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Border line. I have not seen it yet...…..:nono:

We have 11:30 tickets tomorrow...:):

The first part you can read on any of the critics' reviews or fan sites ...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The first part you can read on any of the critics' reviews or fan sites ...

Oh heck man I know this. But we stopped watching trailers and reading reviews.
    1st.....no more spoilers before the experience.

2nd....I could give 2 craps what a critic has to say about much of anything. Get a real job OK...….:):
    Critics never have much of anything good to say about anything unless it is deeply Woke.
    I am not woke. Nor will I ever be.

Not busting chops at all. That's what this guy was about...:):

Purple may be in order.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Stars Wars came out when I was a teen and at that time SciFi was lacking, SW really opened up the SciFi market. So I watched all the SW movies. I've been on the ride too long to jump off because of what critics and fanboys have to say. Seriously I don't think I could ever care so much for a movie that it would impact my real life.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For those who have seen it, would you recommend a re-watch of VII & VIII beforehand? I have seen them both but only once.
    I’m not sure I could sit through the drivel parts of TLJ, which consumed a lot of screen time. And I’ve watched TFA enough to know the gist. But I may watch TFA just to familiarize myself.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    For those who have seen it, would you recommend a re-watch of VII & VIII beforehand? I have seen them both but only once.

I saw them only once, and barely remember the basic story line. I did not find it at all difficult to follow what was going on in this one and enjoyed it very much. In fact, it may actually be a good thing to not remember much from the last movie.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I’m curious about the hype that it’s a “controversial” movie. I’m not gonna get to see it until this weekend. Any of you guys see it as all that controversial? Some here seem to really like it. Others not so much. But. Without spoilers. Any justification for labeling it as controversial?

It’s already out there that the main complaint seems to be that it undoes all that Rian Johnson established in Last Jedi. If that’s true, do you think it’s the politics that people don’t like? Because Last Jedi had a definite political overtone to it. I kinda think it’s more that a lot of people thought TLJ broke SW. There are a lot of rumors that Disney put a lot of pressure on JJ Abrams to “fix” it.

So, if that’s the case, the butthurt would be, not necessarily political, but that the people who liked TLJ, didn’t like the stuff they liked about it being undone. So again, without spoilers, what are your thoughts?

I'm not sure how into detail one can be in answering this without spoilers. I will say that I did NOT like the plot and character development in TLJ, and am much more satisfied having seen TROS. I also can imagine that those who loved TLJ will have the exact opposite impression of TROS.

There are many, uh, Easter eggs? Nods? Moments of direct response between movies?

(Is there a spoilers-allowed thread somewhere, btw?)

Top Bottom