• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'd have walked outside, unclipped the knife, slid it down in my pocket, and walked right back in.

That is really all the bouncer needed to do. Hey bud, we get some Nervous Nellies in here sometimes, would you keep the clip of your knife concealed and they will never know.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That is really all the bouncer needed to do. Hey bud, we get some Nervous Nellies in here sometimes, would you keep the clip of your knife concealed and they will never know.

Unless he actually thinks it's illegal to carry a knife in a bar. He had me convinced that was his conviction. He didn't seem to believe me when I told him there is no such law.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Unless he actually thinks it's illegal to carry a knife in a bar. He had me convinced that was his conviction. He didn't seem to believe me when I told him there is no such law.

He probably doesn't care whether it's legal or not. He may well have been using the simplest language to get you to comply to the private business' rules.

Bouncers are not fond of weapons period and they likely won't be working where they are allowed. As far as the bouncer is concerned you and everyone else is just one drink away to turning from Dr Jeckel into Mr Hyde.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    He probably doesn't care whether it's legal or not. He may well have been using the simplest language to get you to comply to the private business' rules.

Bouncers are not fond of weapons period and they likely won't be working where they are allowed. As far as the bouncer is concerned you and everyone else is just one drink away to turning from Dr Jeckel into Mr Hyde.

You know I just didn't get that vibe from this bar. It's well lit and everyone was there for the food and the music - very unusual for a bar. I doubt there are issues at the Slippery very often. I didn't really see anyone drunk...just didn't seem like that kind of place. The cover is pretty low, only $5...can't get a show like that anywhere for that kind of money. I'm sure he's just trying to do his job and keep the odds in his favor.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You know I just didn't get that vibe from this bar. It's well lit and everyone was there for the food and the music - very unusual for a bar. I doubt there are issues at the Slippery very often. I didn't really see anyone drunk...just didn't seem like that kind of place. The cover is pretty low, only $5...can't get a show like that anywhere for that kind of money. I'm sure he's just trying to do his job and keep the odds in his favor.

Feel free to prove me wrong here, but I doubt you could find any business that employs bouncers allowing patrons to open carry weapons. It's a liability issue.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Ok, just got a response from the owner. it was very polite and actually pretty long. their policy is no gang colors and no exposed weapons. he said exposed weapons bring complaints and they want everyone to be welcome. he has no issue with concealed weapons at all. I thought his response was logical and courteous. they don't post their policy preferring to handle people as individuals with respect.

I'm good with the answer and I will be back.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, just got a response from the owner. it was very polite and actually pretty long. their policy is no gang colors and no exposed weapons. he said exposed weapons bring complaints and they want everyone to be welcome. he has no issue with concealed weapons at all. I thought his response was logical and courteous. they don't post their policy preferring to handle people as individuals with respect.

Right on. That's pretty awesome.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Awesome, well thought out response. I'd respond and make sure his bouncer is properly educated. Its OK to say "house rules. Like them or GTFO." Its NOT OK to say "Because its illegal". Illegal =/= against the rules of the property owner. If it was we would all be in deep :poop: daily as we ignore the GFZ signs in various private establishments.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Very reasonable!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Feel free to prove me wrong here, but I doubt you could find any business that employs bouncers allowing patrons to carry weapons. It's a liability issue.

I carried gun, handcuffs and pepper spray when I worked for a Hispanic night club in South Bend. Used the pepper spray way more than one time. Had to pull my hand gun once when a patron charged me with a tire iron (out in the parking lot) and used my handcuffs after a guy slugged me for not allowing his to bring in his own beer. As bad as the SB cops can be, they had no issues with me at all.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Well that place hasn't stayed around this long without good reason... Oh and if it helps to sway you guys in there Thursday if half off drinks and food. We used to go there after class and work. That place can get pretty riled up.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area

Reasonable reply. Slip your whittler in your pocket and enjoy your night. If you need it you still have it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

It's been a long while since I've been to the Noodle, but you're right, great music and great food.

I did get thrown out once, but that was because of a certain former friend of mine who apparently turns into a knucklehead when he drinks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...............I did get thrown out once, but that was because of a certain former friend of mine who apparently turns into a knucklehead when he drinks.

I don't understand the ******* drunk..... I guess people drink for different reasons.

I've never been a mean drunk....... I'm more of a "frisky" drunk....... lock up your ladies kind of drunk.

Top Bottom