• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's really sad that a good blues bar has to be managed by an idiot. While the bouncer may have seen YOUR knife, how many other people walked in carrying weapons that he didn't see? Unless you strip search every customer like the TSA does then you're just farting in the wind.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's really sad that a good blues bar has to be managed by an idiot. While the bouncer may have seen YOUR knife, how many other people walked in carrying weapons that he didn't see? Unless you strip search every customer like the TSA does then you're just farting in the wind.

Maybe you didn't read the whole thread, but their policy is no visible weapons - the owner doesn't care if you carry weapons. Visible weapons draw attention and complaints and he wants everyone to feel welcome. They don't post their house rules so as to make everyone feel welcome also, therefore deal with people individually and politely. They were polite. And I respect private property rights and was quite satisfied with his answer. I'll be back. I got the distinct impression the owner is a 2A supporter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I also received a response today. My question was focused on the usage of the word "law", as well as their policy on the subject. I'd say it's a pretty solid response.

Our policy is no exposed weapons. We know that it is legal, but it does make some people uncomfortable. Especially where alcohol is involved. I have informed the staff to say policy instead of law.

Concealed is another matter. We realize that there are always a lot of concealed weapons. But I do not want to ever search somebody. Kind of like the army's old don't ask don't tell policy.

As the owner I don't want to Post this. It always makes me feel uncomfortable when a place feels the need to post no weapons. Then I think that the only people with weapons are the ones that don't want to follow the rules.

Most people with exposed weapons will simply conceal or take them to their car when politely asked. And if they are concealed - well - we don't know about them.

Again, not posted but we have a long standing policy of no (biker) gang colors. If you have on clothing with a groups colors we simply ask you to take it back outside. It seems that mortal enemies can buy each other drinks if they are not actively showing what group they belong to.

For the people that understand their rights and the business owners rights none of this is a big deal. Having signs stating them though seems to intimidate people. And you can't teach common sense to people.

Thanks again and I hope you understand our position. Hal

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    ...on a side note...

This is my personal conviction, not making a statement about anyone else's personal convictions at all, but the reason I had a knife and not a firearm is because I did intend to drink. I know it's legal. I know it's well within my rights. If my SA told me not a good situation I'd leave, but I practice to never carry firearms if I'm going to drink. I never get drunk, but I don't want to answer questions about my BAC not blowing 0.00 if something were to happen. I assume that risk myself and choose to arm myself with alternate weaponry - not firearms. Again, that's just me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They need some Jeep control.

81q0WCu.jpg

46Tj2JL.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If this had been a wrangler, I would have thought it might be Lovemachine... it was raining out today, which is almost like snow... :stickpoke:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Like I said there are no signs of any kind so I really don't think it's the policy of the bar. I think it's a bouncer that's just not up to speed on legal/illegal. Not sure what he thought was illegal about a knife.

When I told him they're not illegal, is there a Slippery Noodle rule against them, he said, "there is now". So, I took that to mean it made him nervous so he was going to have his way no matter what. I'm not saying anything against the bar - I don't think that's their policy. Any other time and I'd have asked to see a manager and get it straightened out, but I just wasn't in the mood. I just wanted to have a good time and let it go. I may follow up with an e-mail to mgt to see if they do have a policy and if so why it's not posted.

Yeah, no way in hell I'd have let that go without talking to management right then and their. My wife would be miffed, (but only for a short time, she knows me) but good time be damned... I am incapable of having a good time when addressed like that. Worse case, we'll go elsewhere.

It's good that the management got back to you, and cleared things up. I would rather have it cleared up on the spot. The rules are understandable, but the bouncer seeming to make up his own rules is very off putting.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, no way in hell I'd have let that go without talking to management right then and their. My wife would be miffed, (but only for a short time, she knows me) but good time be damned... I am incapable of having a good time when addressed like that. Worse case, we'll go elsewhere.

It's good that the management got back to you, and cleared things up. I would rather have it cleared up on the spot. The rules are understandable, but the bouncer seeming to make up his own rules is very off putting.
    Heysooos man, you've read the response from the owner, they don't care, just don't show it? Any manager worth his/her salt will ask you the same, according to policy. Who cares about the "bouncer". The Noodle has a policy, it's a decent one, live and let live. Just cuz some dude jocked up on himself makes his own law...

Top Bottom