• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Most of the bars downtown will do a shirt lift check. They have asked me to take my knife back to the car a few times

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    ...on a side note...

This is my personal conviction, not making a statement about anyone else's personal convictions at all, but the reason I had a knife and not a firearm is because I did intend to drink. I know it's legal. I know it's well within my rights. If my SA told me not a good situation I'd leave, but I practice to never carry firearms if I'm going to drink. I never get drunk, but I don't want to answer questions about my BAC not blowing 0.00 if something were to happen. I assume that risk myself and choose to arm myself with alternate weaponry - not firearms. Again, that's just me.

It's recommended not to drink and carry, but it's not illegal. Committing a crime such as drinking and driving while carrying a weapon probably isn't a good idea. A record of being a drug or alcohol abuser or a crime with a sentence of a year will make your license go by by anyway. I did see to carry a loaded firearm in your car you MUST have your carry license with you. I didn't know that. So in a vehicle, bring your pink card to stay legal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's recommended not to drink and carry, but it's not illegal. Committing a crime such as drinking and driving while carrying a weapon probably isn't a good idea. A record of being a drug or alcohol abuser or a crime with a sentence of a year will make your license go by by anyway. I did see to carry a loaded firearm in your car you MUST have your carry license with you. I didn't know that. So in a vehicle, bring your pink card to stay legal.
    Where did you see that? There is no requirement to have your "pink card" on your person that I can find.

Not making any recommendations, just an observation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where did you see that? There is no requirement to have your "pink card" on your person that I can find.

Not making any recommendations, just an observation.

Yeah, no...it is my understanding it used to be required to carry your LTCH while carrying a handgun but they did away with that requirement 3 or so years ago.

Top Bottom