• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like I said there are no signs of any kind so I really don't think it's the policy of the bar. I think it's a bouncer that's just not up to speed on legal/illegal. Not sure what he thought was illegal about a knife.

When I told him they're not illegal, is there a Slippery Noodle rule against them, he said, "there is now". So, I took that to mean it made him nervous so he was going to have his way no matter what. I'm not saying anything against the bar - I don't think that's their policy. Any other time and I'd have asked to see a manager and get it straightened out, but I just wasn't in the mood. I just wanted to have a good time and let it go. I may follow up with an e-mail to mgt to see if they do have a policy and if so why it's not posted.

We used to go there a lot. Ride the Harley's downtown and park them along the curb if there was room. Good food and music.
    Buddy had a mix up with a bouncer at the door that ended very badly for the bouncer. LEO came and they almost arrested the Bouncer.
    We went elsewhere that night.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We used to go there a lot. Ride the Harley's downtown and park them along the curb if there was room. Good food and music.
    Buddy had a mix up with a bouncer at the door that ended very badly for the bouncer. LEO came and they almost arrested the Bouncer.
    We went elsewhere that night.

Bully.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hey man.....it was not me this time. I just kept those who would jump in at bay.
    The bouncer tried to disarm one of the guy's in our group. He just pulled up his shirt and went for his side arm. Really stupid power trip mistake.
    There were 2 LEO's in the group with us that night. They waited out the fight and set things right when the Locals showed up.
    We were all armed to the man and most of the woman.....:)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hey man.....it was not me this time. I just kept those who would jump in at bay.
    The bouncer tried to disarm one of the guy's in our group. He just pulled up his shirt and went for his side arm. Really stupid power trip mistake.
    There were 2 LEO's in the group with us that night. They waited out the fight and set things right when the Locals showed up.

So...you admit it then!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So...you admit it then!

Uh.....no......:)

At least not directly...

:p

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Uh.....no......:)

That's exactly what a bully would say!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So - you got your answer from the owner.
    The next time the bouncer gives you problems, you tell him to shove it up his a**.

But call me first, I want to watch. :):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ok, just got a response from the owner. it was very polite and actually pretty long. their policy is no gang colors and no exposed weapons. he said exposed weapons bring complaints and they want everyone to be welcome. he has no issue with concealed weapons at all. I thought his response was logical and courteous. they don't post their policy preferring to handle people as individuals with respect.

I'm good with the answer and I will be back.

Great response!

And CM just curious but how long ago did your little run in happen? I have heard of bouncers doing some stupid stuff but lifting a guys shirt to take his gun... Holy cow!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great response!

And CM just curious but how long ago did your little run in happen? I have heard of bouncers doing some stupid stuff but lifting a guys shirt to take his gun... Holy cow!

It was a while back. Right around 2000. There was a lot of activity on south Meridian and south street.
    This has stuck in my head for obvious reasons. It was a pretty good scuffle for a minute.
    I agree, 10 rather large men in a group and all of us armed.........:dunno:

Top Bottom