• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People come to th US for free healthcare, free childcare, free housing, and free education, then they take a cash job while receiving everything free.

Stop thr benefits and they will significantly decrease coming here and many will self deport

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    smuggling-jeep-over-mexico-border-barrier01.jpg

I bet this started with a "hey ya'll watch this" followed closely by a "hold my beer"!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oops, you're right, it was sylvain.

i'll repeat though, the "wall" is a concept, an architectural design

I get that.
    In many places you can't do much better than the fences already in place.
    But I'm sure many Trump supporters expect to see a huge 2000 miles long solid wall, that's not going to happen.

And even with a solid wall it wouldn't stop all the illegal immigrants and drugs from coming in.
    Most of the drug comes by boat (or even submarines in some cases) and the illegal immigrants by airplanes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump has to build the wall, it's his legacy. Unlike Obama, Trump's legacy is not disposable.

If nothing else, the wall will be symbolic. Symbolic of an immigration policy where we actually have and enforce one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So the Chinese can build the largest structure on earth centuries ago but due to terrain issues we cannot build a wall. Ok.

No one expects a concrete wall across the whole border. We do expect something effective though.

The Great Wall was very effective too. How many Mexicans do you see in China?? ;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The wall is a concept: "a means to stop people from sneaking into our country"

i don't care about the physical nature of it, I care about the effectiveness

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The wall is a concept: "a means to stop people from sneaking into our country"

i don't care about the physical nature of it, I care about the effectiveness

Right there with ya doc. But selling a concept probably isn't as easy as selling the mental picture of a physical wall. He could have just pledged to secure the border but that doesn't sound as flashy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Right there with ya doc. But selling a concept probably isn't as easy as selling the mental picture of a physical wall. He could have just pledged to secure the border but that doesn't sound as flashy.

I still think many people voted for him because they want to see a huge wall being built and it will (probably) not happen.
    Trump will probably wait for his second term to start building it in order to get the votes from those people again.
    Saying he justs needs another 4 more year.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still think many people voted for him because they want to see a huge wall being built and it will (probably) not happen.
    Trump will probably wait for his second term to start building it in order to get the votes from those people again.

So there really IS such a thing as low information voters? Whoa, mind blown. I guess the liberal propaganda leftist evil baby eating media is bound to get some things right, 'eh?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    No doubt there were Trump supporters who believed he meant he'd drain a physical swamp in the DC area, but I don't think it was a consequential number. Likely fewer than believed he meant a physical wall rather than the now claimed figurative one. And that number is likely fewer still than those who thought he meant he'd literally pursue jail for Hillary.

Not sure where the people fit in who believe there were Federal libel laws his administration would open up, but maybe he meant that figuratively as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

You may be right, at least about some people wanting to see it. That's what I meant by selling that mental picture.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Lower income taxes
    lower corporate taxes
    replace ACA
    Scalia like justices on scotus

these are realistic things that could happen. I'd really like to see some pro gun stuff too- ending import bans, suppressors removed from NFA, etc

id really like to see the nfa go away but that's wishful thinking

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So the Chinese can build the largest structure on earth centuries ago but due to terrain issues we cannot build a wall. Ok.

No one expects a concrete wall across the whole border. We do expect something effective though.

How about a BATTALION of ARMED MARINES, and an Armored unit form Ft. Hood .....

Would that be effective enough ?????

AND, YES, I will VOLUNTEER !!!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No doubt there were Trump supporters who believed he meant he'd drain a physical swamp in the DC area, but I don't think it was a consequential number. Likely fewer than believed he meant a physical wall rather than the now claimed figurative one. And that number is likely fewer still than those who thought he meant he'd literally pursue jail for Hillary.

Not sure where the people fit in who believe there were Federal libel laws his administration would open up, but maybe he meant that figuratively as well.

So you're saying we elected a guy who is master of hyperbole, and that we will forever need to decipher his true meanings? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We didn't elect Hillary.

Give him a chance, you folk are as bad as the media, he isn't even the President YET.

Top Bottom