• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some of us wish we had stopped there as well. I haven't watched the last couple of episodes. I like the recaps here. When I need a zombie fix, I'll rewatch World War Z. My favorite Brad Pitt movie and one heckova good zombie film.

You didn't read the book, did you? I hate to be that person, but after reading the book, I was REALLY let down by the movie. The movie probably would have been good to me, if I hadn't read the book. They are doing a sequel by the way.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Plus 1 Kut. The movie really let me down. The book was awesome. One of my favorite zombie outbreak books. Movie barely had anything to do with the book.

I'll probably still watch the next one though lol

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You didn't read the book, did you? I hate to be that person, but after reading the book, I was REALLY let down by the movie. The movie probably would have been good to me, if I hadn't read the book. They are doing a sequel by the way.

Plus 1 Kut. The movie really let me down. The book was awesome. One of my favorite zombie outbreak books. Movie barely had anything to do with the book.

I'll probably still watch the next one though lol

+2, book was awesome, movie really sucked. The South Park spoof episode of WWZ was soo much better. First time I watched WWZ I was drinking and it was all over the place and when it ended it was a WTF did I just watch feeling. So the second time I watched it sober and it might have been worse than I remembered

Usually my go to Z fix movie is Dawn of the Dead, the Ving Raymes one

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Fast forwarded through half the episode. Freaking boring anymore, here are some time shots of faces with ominous music! Nothing makes sense. Rick runs from a guy with a bat when he has a gun. Rick hits man he swore to kill with the wrong end of a bat. **** like that grinds my gears.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Fast forwarded through half the episode. Freaking boring anymore, here are some time shots of faces with ominous music! Nothing makes sense. Rick runs from a guy with a bat when he has a gun. Rick hits man he swore to kill with the wrong end of a bat. **** like that grinds my gears.

How about every house in town is burning except your own, but you still go inside possibly not expecting a trap. OK I get it you are worried about your kids. Still it is obviously a trap and you are going to get ambushed.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I don't think I've ever read a zombie book....and I read tons of books. I'll have to see if I can get a Kindle edition. If it's as good as you say, then that's something I'd be interested in.

Techinically, I think WWZ was a good film. Outstanding photography.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Looking forward to a WWZ sequel. Read the book, loved it. Bought the extended audio book, loved it more. One of the best audio books I've ever heard. It had a full cast of characters, not just a guy reading for all the parts. Movie wasn't bad. I think the disappointment with the movie was that it wasn't advertised and marketed as a prequel. People expected it to be the story from the book and were mad when it wasn't. Watch the movie from the point of a prequel knowing the book version is coming then that changes.

Really looking forward to the battle of Yonkers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I thought my TV was broken it was so freaking dark the entire episode.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think I've ever read a zombie book....and I read tons of books. I'll have to see if I can get a Kindle edition. If it's as good as you say, then that's something I'd be interested in.

Techinically, I think WWZ was a good film. Outstanding photography.

Bro, READ the book! Best fiction, Ive read in a VERY long time. It's THAT good. If you buy it, and don't like it, I'll reimburse you. It's not like a simple linear story, but a collection of individual narratives from different parts of the world. You can literally jump around the book, chapter to chapter, and be fine in your understanding. Ever seen the movie "Little Big Man?" When I found out they were don a WWZ movie, I thought it would be something like that, with flashbacks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looking forward to a WWZ sequel. Read the book, loved it. Bought the extended audio book, loved it more. One of the best audio books I've ever heard. It had a full cast of characters, not just a guy reading for all the parts. Movie wasn't bad. I think the disappointment with the movie was that it wasn't advertised and marketed as a prequel. People expected it to be the story from the book and were mad when it wasn't. Watch the movie from the point of a prequel knowing the book version is coming then that changes.

Really looking forward to the battle of Yonkers.

+1

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Bro, READ the book! Best fiction, Ive read in a VERY long time. It's THAT good. If you buy it, and don't like it, I'll reimburse you. It's not like a simple linear story, but a collection of individual narratives from different parts of the world. You can literally jump around the book, chapter to chapter, and be fine in your understanding. Ever seen the movie "Little Big Man?" When I found out they were don a WWZ movie, I thought it would be something like that, with flashbacks.

Fully agree with the book, but even more so with the audiobook version. Each story is actually read by a different person, a full cast. Some serious names in there as well. Even after reading the book this is a whole different experience. This version is the expanded edition with more stories.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0804165734/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It is excellent...Obviously a nod to Studs Terkel's book, "The Good war: An Oral History of World War II"....The audio book is on Youtube and I occasionally will listen to it as I am dozing off......You would like it....

[video=youtube;uaKyddu_fgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaKyddu_fgk[/video]

01fe19f049e9e53c1225ea9f85f1aef8--walking-dead-humor-walking-dead-zombies.jpg

Top Bottom