• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If these tax returns are true, they should be a learning experience for anyone who wants to use the system to their advantage instead of just letting the feds steal their money.

I always thought it was illegal to publish someone else's tax papers without approval from that person?

Russia, Russia, Russia... uh... Trump tax returns, Trump tax returns, Trump tax returns.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am starting to understand how/why TDS have no issue with budgetary debts and deficits!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True, that yet remains to be determined in the eyes of the law.

I mark it as purple, Doug get a laugh out of it, and you're ragging on it?

:dunno:

And Doug's right - thankful there is a place where there is no politics - truly that's Heaven.

You think "'Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" doesn't reek of politics?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I believe it likely means we have turned away from God and must either learn the error of our ways or perish

I'll take 40 years in the desert with the promise of redemption over permeant progressive majorities any day

Why isn't there a period after redemption?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm a bit surprised that a [STRIKE]corruption enabler[/STRIKE] tax preparer would hold such an opinion of a citizen utilizing all the tools and deductions available to him to pay the lowest tax burden possible. Aren't you making your living abetting that which you wish to label corruption?

Edit:Care to wager whether all the money Soros funnels to anti-American organizations is funneled through 503 (c)(3)s and he takes a deduction for it?
    You're right, Bug. From another thread:
    This represents my stance - If Trump simply leveraged the tax code in his favor - bully for him! I do the exact same thing, but on a smaller scale.

If he cheated, well, nail his ass. But, that's for the IRS to determine.
    I'm not calling Trump a cheat, but I'm also not going to say, "if he cheats, who cares?"

And is anyone really going to be surprised if the IRS slaps his hand? Even the biggest Trump supporter has got to expect some shady deductions when you're dealing with that much lucre; kinda par for the course.

Then again, I guess I really am saying, "if he cheats, who cares?" 'cause it's an absolute that I'm not voting for Biden. :puke:

Just more rich politician shenanigans. :coffee:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [video=youtube;CPKsqeU0bl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKsqeU0bl4[/video]

Did anyone notice that the add shows the income tax burden prior to deductions by the 'regular people', but then goes to what Trump paid rather than what he owed prior to deductions

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was supposed to be the "russian gotcha" but it just didn't pan out... :(

NOW it's moved to "Trump is bad at business".

Super sad guys, super sad.
    The Left and the MSM have been trying every which way they can to invent ways to get Trump out of office ever since he won the election. It's been long past time for them to step the **** off and he should've been allowed to do his duly elected job. Bunch of sore ass losers that could never accept the fact Trump out campaigned Hillary and beat her in 2016.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're right, Bug. From another thread:

I'm not calling Trump a cheat, but I'm also not going to say, "if he cheats, who cares?"

And is anyone really going to be surprised if the IRS slaps his hand? Even the biggest Trump supporter has got to expect some shady deductions when you're dealing with that much lucre; kinda par for the course.

Then again, I guess I really am saying, "if he cheats, who cares?" 'cause it's an absolute that I'm not voting for Biden. :puke:

Just more rich politician shenanigans. :coffee:

I have worked with and directly for more than a few local business men that were well to do. Millionaire's all.
    A few became friends through our work relationships and I got a good look at how that world works.
    The average man can not play at that level.

Cheating is only if you get caught.
    I have no doubt in my warped little mind that his Taxes have been scrutinized too the 12th degree since he took office and the sissy boys on the left have been digging for a way to oust him. But that means nothing to the spin masters and the MSM.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All anyone should care about Trump's taxes is whether he followed the law.

If he did, then I wouldn't want a president who voluntarily overpays. That person is an idiot.

If people don't like how much he paid, that ball is in Congress' court.

I have a sneaking suspicion that over the course of his life, he's paid more than pretty much everyone complaining.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have worked with and directly for more than a few local business men that were well to do. Millionaire's all.
    A few became friends through our work relationships and I got a good look at how that world works.
    The average man can not play at that level.

Cheating is only if you get caught.
    I have no doubt in my warped little mind that his Taxes have been scrutinized too the 12th degree since he took office and the sissy boys on the left have been digging for a way to oust him. But that means nothing to the spin masters and the MSM.

Indeed - this is just another MSM attempt at a "gotcha!"

I have a sneaking suspicion that over the course of his life, he's paid more than pretty much everyone complaining.

:):

Yeah, probably a lot of people complaining are paying negative taxes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's cute the usual suspects on here think this is gonna make a bit of difference. A businessman paying, I'm sure more than 1, tax accountants and tax lawyers to use the current tax laws to his advantage. What is this? Nothingburger #22? 38? 47?

What a ****ing joke!

Nothing but another distraction to try and pry minds away from the **** show that is known as Sleepy Joe

It's really not going to matter. People who have decided to vote for the senile old pedophile child hair sniffer, frantically searching for Corn-Pop, probably so he can ask if there are any more kids by the pool who want to feel the hair on his legs, have already made up their minds. Trumpers, the hopelessly devoted, have made up their minds. Politically homeless people have made up our minds. All they've revealed is neener, neener, Trump isn't as rich as he claimed, and I'm fresh out of ****s to give for that.

So, what would get me to change my mind about who I'm voting for? Trump would have to start demanding we de-fund the police. He'd have to start defending riots. He'd have to start defending Antifa. He'd have to start demanding reparations be given to BLM. He'd have to start calling his own supporters terrorists and racists--all of them. He'd have to start supporting "wokeness". There's a lot on that list yet, but you get the idea. I'm not willing to give the country over to cultural Marxists, especially Kamala Harris. Now, I don't think Biden is a cultural Marxist. But I'm not sure he would know that unless he saw it on a teleprompter. And then he'd forget it 9 seconds later.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's really not going to matter. People who have decided to vote for the senile old pedophile child hair sniffer, frantically searching for Corn-Pop, probably so he can ask if there are any more kids by the pool who want to feel the hair on his legs, have already made up their minds. Trumpers, the hopelessly devoted, have made up their minds. Politically homeless people have made up our minds. All they've revealed is neener, neener, Trump isn't as rich as he claimed, and I'm fresh out of ****s to give for that.

My wife is the one of the very few that hasn't completely made up her mind.

She started listening to NPR, and also decided there's no way she's voting for 'ole Hairy Legs. (Ironic, isn't it?)

However, she hasn't convinced herself she can vote for the Orange Man.

She'll probably vote for Mike Pense; like a lot of us. (That's how we sleep at night.) ;)

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Blame the system not the one who operates within it.
    This observation will be lost on many.

I'm not a Republican (or a Democrat), but couldn't agree with this more... a classic case of "don't hate the player, hate the game." When an audit shows he's EVADING taxes, not avoiding them by operating within the tax code, then he's a crook. Until then, this is just "we don't like him, so we're going to cast him in a bad light." If one thinks the amount of taxes Trump paid is somehow wrong, then push for tax code reform. The IRS is one of the most obvious examples of an organization existing for its own sake, in my opinion. The entire federal tax process could be automated and the IRS pared down to a minimal number of employees, if the US tax code were simplified.

I have honestly never met a person that wants to pay more taxes. People in favor of more taxes or government spending overall always seem to want others to pay more, but not themselves. If Trump's minimizing his tax liability legally, then kudos to him... he's a lot smarter than me.

Now on the other hand, publishing the illegally obtained personal financial info of the POTUS - that seems to me to be a much more clear cut ethical problem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My wife is the one of the very few that hasn't completely made up her mind.

She started listening to NPR, and also decided there's no way she's voting for 'ole Hairy Legs. (Ironic, isn't it?)

However, she hasn't convinced herself she can vote for the Orange Man.

She'll probably vote for Mike Pense; like a lot of us. (That's how we sleep at night.) ;)

I get it. I'm not a fan of the Orange myself. But I have to look at the nation under Trump and he's not done a terrible job leading. A few executive and emergency orders he's signed are an abomination to free-thinking people. And if Democrats were sane I could use that as a reason not to vote for him. But they're condoning riots for **** sake, because they thought it would help them. Until they look at their tanking poll numbers. For **** sake it takes bad polling to say rioting is wrong? The **** is wrong with those idiots? People are flawed. Pence is flawed. I'm sure he has skeletons. They all do. Probably not as many flaws as Trump, but with Trump, the flaws are out in the open for all to see. People like Pence, Bush, Cheney, Biden, Obama; they keep their flaws in the dark. It's almost like Trump wears his unknowingly on his sleeve.

I dunno. I have no moral qualms about voting for Trump. It's not a reflection on my character. It's a reflection of the mess our country is in right now where I have to vote for a guy like trump just so we don't give our country up willingly to Marxists. And a year or so, I'd have made fun of anyone for putting this at the level of marxists. I'd have called that absurd hyperbole. But here we are. 2020 and we have far left revolutionists wanting to overthrough the US government through sowing civil unrest, and the Democrats seem to be fine with that until it polls poorly. Yeah. Trump 2020. Rah. I guess.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All anyone should care about Trump's taxes is whether he followed the law.

If he did, then I wouldn't want a president who voluntarily overpays. That person is an idiot.

If people don't like how much he paid, that ball is in Congress' court.

The other thing I wonder is, were the years of losses/low taxes paid during the great recession and the 'new normal' one percent growth in the economy. I would bet if you were in the real estate business you would take some losses

View attachment 91554

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we shouldn't ask candidates for their tax records. Rather, a better way than mob-shaming candidates into divulging tax records, I'd like to see independent tax auditors go over their taxes and report the findings. The tax returns only become important when someone wealthy is running. I mean, no one gave a flying **** about Obama's taxes. All it did was let Republicans gloat because Obama didn't give much at all to charity. It's used to dig up dirt, which I don't find of much value. With independent auditors we find out what is really important. Did they do anything untoward? I don't care if Obama didn't give money to charity. He probably gave plenty of he... nevermind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We are focusing too much on deductions. I believe that "tax evasion" would not be found in the returns but rather if someone has knowledge of income not reported in them. That is typically the definition of "tax evasion", income illegally concealed from the the tax takers...

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Anybody that claims more than the standard deduction will probably run afoul of some tax law from time to time. Have you read these tax laws? Nobody has...

I have a few businesses, but one of them is an independent insurance agency. I'm required to pay myself a "reasonable salary." No definition of what reasonable is. Not the mean or the average, just reasonable. My accountant says "reasonable" is determined by the IRS when they're auditing your books...

There are 7.7 million words of tax regulations plus 60,000 pages of relevant case law.

When you create all these excess laws, you make everyone a law breaker. Harvard estimates that the average American professional commits about 3 felonies a day.

The Swamp can use their own system for their benefit OR to try to take down their enemies...

At least we will have a conservative leaning SCOTUS for the next generation...

Top Bottom