• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Tax cheat? No. Loser? Yes. But if he wins a second term, I'm confident he will try to sell the White house to pay back is millions in loans that are due soon.
    And where did it state these were stolen?
    Letter from the editor: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/us/trump-taxes-editors-note.html
    "Some will raise questions about publishing the president’s personal tax information. But the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the First Amendment allows the press to publish newsworthy information that was legally obtained by reporters even when those in power fight to keep it hidden. That powerful principle of the First Amendment applies here"

Genuine question. How does any media outlet legally obtain another person's confidential tax returns that were as far as I am aware, only disclosed to the IRS or are currently part of an ongoing legal process in the SDNY?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it's cute the usual suspects on here think this is gonna make a bit of difference. A businessman paying, I'm sure more than 1, tax accountants and tax lawyers to use the current tax laws to his advantage. What is this? Nothingburger #22? 38? 47?

What a ****ing joke!

Nothing but another distraction to try and pry minds away from the **** show that is known as Sleepy Joe

I have grown to expect the usual's when this comes around.
    They are a constant source of either humor or aggravation depending on how hard they start :stickpoke:
    That every person on this forum has not benefited from the Trump policy's and this economy amazes me.
    Think as you will but look around with clear lenses.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I think this is the perfect time for Trump to say “As one of my greatest adversaries once said ‘At this point what difference does it make?!’” Him saying this at the debate tomorrow when Biden inevitably brings it up would hilarious.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    is that how it works? how do you prove you're NOT doing something?

YOU are the one who has to prove them to be liars rather than scoff at their claim until they what, show you an empty table with a sign that says "all of our new international business deals since 2017"?

trump is the most investigated president ever and he's coming out pretty damned good.

I've missed you kut
    :rofl:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...do-business-overseas-as-president-slams-biden

Hasn't been a cop for awhile now and still goes fishing.....

Haters gonna hate...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Red herring. Let them squabble for the tax returns (which are not required and private- I hope he sues someone and they see repercussions to leaking)

trump plays chess. Hell probably make tax return / congress and senate financials transparent to clear the swamp. See where the cockroaches scramble when the lights turn on.

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    Who cares? Who honestly gives a rats ass about Trumps taxes? He just needs to keep pounding away at those morally corrupt democrats and hopefully if there is a just God we will have a RED House and Senate for 2020!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Isn’t the first debate tomorrow?
    Apologies, you are correct and I should have been clearer. In my opinion dropping the tax returns on a Sunday, when the debate it Tuesday, based on the current news cycle, seems premature. If they wanted to make this a larger issue at the debates dropping it on Tuesday would make more sense: it reduces the time that Trump can put together his talking points, disrupts last minute preparations, and most of the public would still only read the headline. Dropping it on Sunday gives Trump more time to put together a robust defense, and for a counter narrative to emerge.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Apologies, you are correct and I should have been clearer. In my opinion dropping the tax returns on a Sunday, when the debate it Tuesday, based on the current news cycle, seems premature. If they wanted to make this a larger issue at the debates dropping it on Tuesday would make more sense: it reduces the time that Trump can put together his talking points, disrupts last minute preparations, and most of the public would still only read the headline. Dropping it on Sunday gives Trump more time to put together a robust defense, and for a counter narrative to emerge.

That makes sense. Wonder if this was leaked early on accident or maybe in response to the SCOTUS nomination?

Who knows? Dems are masters of the news cycle and sound bites...usually. Maybe they are covering something else up.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just another smear attempt based on unpublished anonymous sources. They wouldn't even show the material they claim they have.

And if one believes writing off losses in previous years is "avoiding" paying taxes, those folks have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

Can we imagine the years of losses businesses will be writing off due to idiotic covid lockdowns?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Genuine question. How does any media outlet legally obtain another person's confidential tax returns that were as far as I am aware, only disclosed to the IRS or are currently part of an ongoing legal process in the SDNY?

The SCOTUS case referenced is wrongly decided in my opinion.

Whoever and however the information is stolen is guilty of criminal and civil breaches.

Whoever perpetrated the breach can give the stolen information to NYT and the courts ruled they can publish it without it being a breach, as long as they themselves did not commit the breach...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just another smear attempt based on unpublished anonymous sources. They wouldn't even show the material they claim they have.

And if one believes writing off losses in previous years is "avoiding" paying taxes, those folks have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

Can we imagine the years of losses businesses will be writing off due to idiotic covid lockdowns?

Remember the Times' rigid standards: If you don't have the dirt you want, make it up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who cares? Who honestly gives a rats ass about Trumps taxes? He just needs to keep pounding away at those morally corrupt democrats and hopefully if there is a just God we will have a RED House and Senate for 2020!

That pretty much sums it up.

It's OK if my guy is corrupt - as long as he wins against my corrupt enemies.

This thread has pretty much played out the INGO script (including this post).
    :coffee:

Edit: I should add that script isn't exclusive to INGO by any means whatsoever.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So if there is not a RED senate and house elected, does that mean we have an unjust God or simply no God?

That pretty much sums it up.

It's OK if my guy is corrupt - as long as he wins against my corrupt enemies.

This thread has pretty much played out the INGO script (including this post).
    :coffee:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Apparently Trump's debt is a looming timebomb, but our country's MUCH larger debt? Move along, nothing to see here:
    https://www.newser.com/story/296750...urce=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

It's all subjective. Are people willing to continue to give you money? In the case of the USA - absolutely. Interest rates can be ****-poor but money flows into that safe harbor.

Trump? Eh, he could declare bankruptcy again and you'd be SOL.

Now, whether that potential bankruptcy is of national concern is debatable.

Top Bottom