This is the best thing I have ever made.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    If nothing else... you people are entertaining.

Primal instincts at their best?
    Based from a lot of the replies(most are blocked), the IQ either dropped or was never existent. Resorting to name calling and cursing, no, no... it does show your maturity. Really.
    And I don't care to reply to stupidity.

I only offered an idea to improve a stool, and it gets blown way out of proportion.

Now if you want honesty, I believe the stool was bought and a board was stenciled and cut-out before being stuck on. At the minimum, the spindles were bought along with some dowel rods, and pieced together.
    Yep, dad made that and didn't buy it. The board with the name just doesn't fit with the rest. Stands out like a sore thumb, and based off others reactions when shown the pic, outside of this forum, it's unanimous. I would be embarrassed to show something of that caliber. If the title is true, I can only have sympathy.

That is honesty, not just offering advice, as I intended at first.
    If someone is butt hurt, that's life. Grow up and accept it, or continue with the knee-jerk comments if that makes those people feel better about having to wake up everyday and realize they are still themselves.
    Those people also prove the point I've made before. If you are one of the "selected", you get away with posting whatever you feel like, even though it's deemed inappropriate for the others.
    Look at all of the personal attacks, but continue, please. You are "selected".

Read my signature, and if possible, comprehend. Google could be your friend if needed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. That's a very nice stool! I like that you went for simple and sturdy when you turned the legs.
    2. That is a very good baby!
    3. In the photo below, Li'l Dude looks like he was just shocked by a realization . . . he just realized that his dad is a ginger.
    4. I think he will be able to drive in the snow some day.

This is the best thing I have ever made. A stool made of walnut for my son.

CC14B426-91C3-430C-8C24-C4EB4AF1DD2D_zpsiqd8odf6.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Based from a lot of the replies(most are blocked), the IQ either dropped or was never existent. Resorting to name calling and cursing, no, no... it does show your maturity. Really.

I only offered an idea to improve a stool, and it gets blown way out of proportion.

Now if you want honesty, I believe the stool was bought and a board was stenciled and cut-out before being stuck on. At the minimum, the spindles were bought along with some dowel rods, and pieced together.
    Yep, dad made that and didn't buy it. The board with the name just doesn't fit with the rest. Stands out like a sore thumb, and based off others reactions when shown the pic, outside of this forum, it's unanimous. I would be embarrassed to show something of that caliber. If the title is true, I can only have sympathy.

If someone is butt hurt, that's life. Grow up and accept it, or continue with the knee-jerk comments if that makes those people feel better about having to wake up everyday and realize they are still themselves.
    Those people also prove the point I've made before. If you are one of the "selected", you get away with posting whatever you feel like, even though it's deemed inappropriate for the others.

Read my signature, and if possible, comprehend. Google could be your friend if needed.

You don't need to use profanity to insult people.
    Your post is a perfect example of that as you are now very rude to the OP, calling him a liar.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Ok, wow, how to start...

First off, I believe EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that. I'm not one to call names and insult, unless you're one of my brothers or good friends.

With you believing that my stool was store bought, that's a HUGE compliment to me. That tells me that I have exceeded, and am now a professional wood turner. I should start a YouTube channel. That makes me feel really good, because everything that I make on my lathe, I try my best. I don't half ass anything, and I'm very picky.

I saw the picture you made before you deleted. It was nice, it really was. But I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of that type of wood working. I believe that everything should be handmade. Anything done by computer is cheating. It takes away the craftsmanship. But, that's just my opinion.

Also, the fact that you had to show the picture of the stool I made for my son to others outside this forum, to get the same opinions you have, is just wow. A person that obsessed truly has mental problems, and should seek help. Again, that's my opinion, not an insult at all.

You don't know me, and I don't know you. I worked hard on this stool. I wanted to make something with the best of my ability, because my son is truly a Christmas Miracle sent by GOD. He deserves the best I can give, and I'm trying hard to make that happen.

If you don't like my skills, my wood working, or even my intentions, please just stay out of my thread.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If nothing else... youpeople are entertaining.

dontfeed

Another just made my ignore list :xmad:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I saw where you were trying to give constructive criticism, and even offered to help in your first post. I thought some of the responses were a little harsh. That being said, this is over the top.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well....the smart Alec avatar was one thing. I know what it refers to. Not cool but in and of itself not enough to dust off the hammer.
    Now you come in here and rain on a mans parade. You make comments on IQ. I would gladly match mine with yours my friend.
    We (members) have tried to include you. Invite you to functions and show you this is not a good old boys circle jerk as I believe you may have referred to us and if not then that is close.

If and when you return clean up the "I am better then you all" attitude because you are not.

OP, best I can do here.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's been "shootered"!
    he earned it. I RARELY like to see people banned no matter what their views are (yeah I've questioned people's motives being here) but this guy was insulting and attacking someone who was just beigna proud daddy and made a WONDERFUL skillfully crafted gift for his son. His posts werr not just in bad taste but they were CRUEL! And only got more cruel the more he posted. That's crosses the line and isn't being part of the community. Theres HUGE DIFFERENCE in critiquing a rifle or other gun or gear vs something like this. This wasn't the place or time for criticism and frankly I didn't like the "shooters" design.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    With you believing that my stool was store bought, that's a HUGE compliment to me.

I thought the same thing. :):
    Well it's also an insult to your integrity but it's a compliment to your skills.

If I tried to make my own stool people would either believe I made it ... or believe I found it in a dumpster in a pile of rejected stools behind the factory that makes them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    he earned it. I RARELY like to see people banned no matter what their views are (yeah I've questioned people's motives being here) but this guy was insulting and attacking someone who was just beigna proud daddy and made a WONDERFUL skillfully crafted gift for his son. His posts werr not just in bad taste but they were CRUEL! And only got more cruel the more he posted. That's crosses the line and isn't being part of the community. Theres HUGE DIFFERENCE in critiquing a rifle or other gun or gear vs something like this. This wasn't the place or time for criticism and frankly I didn't like the "shooters" design.

That being said, if I posted pictures of a Hi Point and told people I proudly made it in my garage I bet I would still have people tell me it's hugly.Probably rightly so. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That being said, if I posted pictures of a Hi Point and told people I proudly made it in my garage I bet I would still have people tell me it's hugly.Probably rightly so. :):
    probably :):

i glued a stool together once. Paid a fellow ingoer to refinish an antique organ stool for me too. I now consider myself an expert woodworker (purple implied) :):

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    LM, I work in a woodworking/cabinet shop. I've seen many creations come thru the finish room. Your piece is in the Top 10. Oh, and a handsome young man God created. Keep up the good work.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

He/She has some issues. Never dreamed this thread would lead to drama. Overall great thread, except for shooter peep.

Top Bottom