• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    By and large Ft Wayne is a very liberal city. The city government is definitely that way.

It doesn't matter what political beliefs an administration has - a police force can not enforce ideas that the polticians WISH were laws. An officer can not make up a law and then enforce it, to please his superiors. A government employee can not deprive citizens of their rights simply because the government despises and fears those rights.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What's your point? The officer also told you OC is illegal, but that doesn't mean he was right.

If you are going to write a letter, you might as well know what you are talking about.:twocents:

You asked for input, so I proofread it for you. I only read it once and probably missed a few errors, but it was a start.

I was merely stating what the officer had said. He called it a permit, not me. I wasn't trying to start a permit/LTCH debate. I appreciate the input and did correct my other mistakes/typos.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Personal pain is a wonderful motivator. If (and this is an important if) the city blows off the complaint then giving someone pain is going to be the right motivator for both the offender and others who wish to avoid similar pain to not take the steps to bring it on.

Have an open carry event and label it the "Officer _________ Ft. Wayne Open Carry Picnic (or March, or whatever). Use the original officer, or his sergeant, whichever you want to publicly embarrass the most.

The media needs to know about it in advance, and just why you are honoring the officer. A banner, signs and other paraphernalia should be prominently displayed. Hand flyers out to people. Keep to the right side of the line so that you don't cross over into slander and you'll be fine. There is no right to not be embarrassed or mocked in public, especially for a government official.

And it will cause a lot of pain. Something like a paddling. You don't actually enjoy spanking your kid and causing him to cry, but you know in the long run he'll be better for the experience.

Once the average FW police officer figures out that his name can be in the paper for committing the same level of boneheadness and willful misbehavior then it won't take long for them to go into pain-avoidance mode around open carriers.

These steps will get you far more than just a generic open carry day.

LOL!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was merely stating what the officer had said. He called it a permit, not me. I wasn't trying to start a permit/LTCH debate. I appreciate the input and did correct my other mistakes/typos.

The whole permit vs LTCH debate is just an exercise in chest-thumping. It's semantics, nothing more. No one I've asked who makes a big deal out of this can tell me what the difference between a permit and a license is anyway. So much for specificity, huh?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The whole permit vs LTCH debate is just an exercise in chest-thumping. It's semantics, nothing more. No one I've asked who makes a big deal out of this can tell me what the difference between a permit and a license is anyway. So much for specificity, huh?

Thank you, finally someone said it. It is no different than someone in the automotive industry saying motor/engine. I say motor or engine all the time, people get the idea. We all know everything on INGO has to be perfect or you will get stoned to death!

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    The Sergeant also incorrectly informed me that I could be arrested for illegally carrying my firearm.

My response would've been "arrest me then. I will not resist, but I will personally name you in the lawsuit" I'll let them pay court costs & 3 times attorney fees any day of the week.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012

I think for most it is an issue with having consistency. The state calls it a license, yet many local municipalities call it a permit on their websites.
    It may not be accurate, but I associate a permit with permission that is temporary, while a license is for an extended amount of time, if not permanent.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thank you, finally someone said it. It is no different than someone in the automotive industry saying motor/engine. I say motor or engine all the time, people get the idea. We all know everything on INGO has to be perfect or you will get stoned to death!
    Actually there IS a difference... IIRC, an ENGINE creates its own power, and a motor, needs an outside source, ie electricity ..... ( sorry but just had to !!!!).:laugh:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Good luck. I've still been trying to get ahold of our chief. Email online is a DOA ordeal, never in...blah blah blah.

They must read INGO or something...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually there IS a difference... IIRC, an ENGINE creates its own power, and a motor, needs an outside source, ie electricity ..... ( sorry but just had to !!!!).:laugh:

So then, an engine does not need gasoline and air??

Both motor and engine take energy in one form and transform it into another form. In the case of automotive applications, both transform energy into mechanical energy. The electric motor uses electric current as its feedstock, while the gasoline engine uses liquid petroleum.

The critical difference in which word is applicable to a given application is how many moving parts it has. One or few (as in a rotor and perhaps brushes and springs), it's a motor. Lots and lots, internal combustion, including turbines, and steam types, it's an engine.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Why would anyone want to be willfully arrested? Come on guys. I'm all for standing up for my rights, but I draw the line at being arrested if I have a choice. I chose to comply to the Officer's requests which led to me not being arrested. I stated to him what my rights were, he told me otherwise. Right or wrong, I chose not to be arrested (falsely or justly). I would rather battle this through an attorney than put on a public demonstration. You can call me a coward if you like. Please keep in mind that I am a father, a husband, and run a business of 15 people. I have people who depend on me daily. The last thing I want is to argue with the police and be arrested for trying to prove a couple of officers wrong. Neither one of the officers were going to agree with me. I will battle this thing a way that works for me. I hope most of you understand this.

Rosa Parks would be so proud. :popcorn:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Both motor and engine take energy in one form and transform it into another form. In the case of automotive applications, both transform energy into mechanical energy. The electric motor uses electric current as its feedstock, while the gasoline engine uses liquid petroleum.

The critical difference in which word is applicable to a given application is how many moving parts it has. One or few (as in a rotor and perhaps brushes and springs), it's a motor. Lots and lots, internal combustion, including turbines, and steam types, it's an engine.

Hi there :wwub:
    Come here often??

Oh....umm...what...I got lost in Gearhead talk.
    We need to change the subject. So like I was saying its LTCH, get it right. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think for most it is an issue with having consistency. The state calls it a license, yet many local municipalities call it a permit on their websites.

Except that the arguments berating those who use "permit" never calmly advise the transgressor to use "license" for consistency purposes. It's always an insulting tirade not without innuendos questioning the intelligence of the poor soul who dared speak the "P" word. I don't mind corrections for technicalities. It's just that those who correct are so damn nasty about it. Similar to the clip v. magazine issue. There are ways of correcting and then there's being a douche.

License or permit, it's all the same.

It may not be accurate, but I associate a permit with permission that is temporary, while a license is for an extended amount of time, if not permanent.
    It stands up to more scrutiny than any of the other responses. :yesway:

Top Bottom