• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    When Tony hit the gas it looks to me like his car went sideways to the left, which would have moved his right rear further away from Ward.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I pray for Tony Stewart and the driver that was killed. This was tragic for all involved. What I saw in the video was the other driver got too close to Stewart's car, and paid for his ego with his life.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you were to walk out on the interstate and get in front of vehicles, it would be hard to fault the drivers if you were subsequently run over. Sure they would be applying all sorts of controls, but proving criminal intent? The only recklessness or negligence is the fool who thought he was bullet-proof.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess it's all subjective whenever you watch the video and see what you wanna see. To be honest it looked to me like TS blipped the throttle just at the same time Ward was turning away from the vehicle. It seemed to me like more of an "back the 'eff off!" move on Stuart's part and no I don't believe Stuart intended to harm him.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    People need to understand that Tony is a experienced driver. So much that the maneuver he made by steering right and gunning the engine was to make the rear of the sprint car go left in order to avoid hitting Kevin Ward with the "wide" right rear tire. Keep in mind that Kevin Ward was wearing a black drivers suit and helmet making him almost impossible to see in a dimly lit backstretch. I feel that Tony did a last second maneuver in order to avoid Kevin. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Prayers for Kevin Ward and his family and everyone involved including Tony Stewart. Unfortunately death is a part of the sport even though this doesn't make it any easier.

The fact remains that Kevin Ward should have never approached "any" moving race car let alone get that darn close! STAY IN THE CAR till emergency crews are on the scene barring any fire. Sad day in racing but to pass judgement on Tony or any other driver that could have just as well been involved isn't right at this time.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Totally agree he should have stayed in his car but it's just to hard to through your helmet at the other guy from in there. I just hope this is a wake up call for other drivers to stay in the car.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ward was 20 years old and "bulletproof" in his mind. Ward was trying to make a name for himself by going after Stewart. He did.

This has been waiting to happen since the first driver got out of his car and taunted the one who put him in the fence. This tragedy makes sure that it will never happen again.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Bad deal all the way around. My prediction:

1) No criminal charges will be filed. Just not enough there to show any sort of intent at all, and as mentioned already multiple times, the deceased put himself into a very risky situation by getting out of the car and trying to confront Stewart.

2) A wrongful death Civil Suit will be brought by Ward's family. Stewart will probably end up paying a pretty big out of court settlement during the racing "off-season."

3) Stewart misses the Chase this year and stays pretty much out of the spotlight until Daytona next year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks and sounds like he wanted to through dirt on the guy but miss judged the distance and hit him. Throttle blip before the guy then another after the guy to straighten out. I have always liked his driving style but no one can argue he's a very emotion driver.

How do we know that was before. I do not see that but as Pr. Skinner mentioned they do continually clear the engines in that way.
    The car in front of him had to avoid ward as well.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ward was 20 years old and "bulletproof" in his mind. Ward was trying to make a name for himself by going after Stewart. He did.

This has been waiting to happen since the first driver got out of his car and taunted the one who put him in the fence. This tragedy makes sure that it will never happen again.
    I doubt it!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

That's how these younguns make their mark anymore. By going after the big dogs. He spun out control and decided to grab some attention. Reminded me a little of when a young Robin Ventura went after Nolan Ryan. That didn't turn out to be a good idea either.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    We don't know for sure only one person does. Tony and I'm sure he will say that's what he was doing or trying to avoid him. I just hope he has the integrity to tell the truth no matter what it was.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This tragedy makes sure that it will never happen again.
    Yes, people will suddenly stop being stupid.

976809c111e493db7698d7a4c7d17f782297ecb974d6990248c91dc9c3562b40.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Drama is good promotion, blood is not. Nascar will make a tough enforceable rule that will end this foolish practice.
    Get out of your car to anywhere but the ambulance and you are out for the next race(s).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom