Traffic Stop S.O.P. - Check gun for stolen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Martinsville
    Yep=I call it a Troll=NO LEO out there would have a problem clearing a Colt Python!--Good choice of weapon, on the Troll's part though..:draw:

I guess maybe I am too new to this to understand what a troll is, but I am assuming that you are saying that I am just randomly making up stories. I have much better things to do than tell lies on a blog. I was as shocked at the time as anyone that read my post would have been. I couldn't care any less one way or the other, if you believe it not.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Didn't the Indiana Supreme Court recently rule that presentation of a valid LTCH was sufficient to demonstrate the right to carry a handgun and that any further investigation was unconstitutional?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Didn't the Indiana Supreme Court recently rule that presentation of a valid LTCH was sufficient to demonstrate the right to carry a handgun and that any further investigation was unconstitutional?

I just did a lexis-nexis database search going back to 2008 and can't find anything usin "handgun license" as my search terms. But my search-fu has always been weak:dunno:

I did find out that if the police stop you for a seat belt violation they cannot use that as a pretext to any other investigation or search.

IANAL, YMMV etc.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Maybe I missed it, but did the OP consent to a search, or was it forced upon him?
    Still having trouble grasping how a simple traffic stop led to:
    Removal from vehicle
    Detention on the curb
    Search of car
    Confiscation of weapon
    Running the serial number

Unless a LOT was left out of the story, there was no PC or RS for anything beyond the ticket..

Top Bottom