• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do you have some type of trauma kit in your EDC setup?

Im talking about something to treat major trauma (not 3 bandaids in a wallet) that you keep on your person or close by at all times (not a bag who stays in the car parked 5 blocks away).

What do you keep in it and where do you keep it?

You can include some pics too if you would be so kind. :yesway:

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    My understanding is that impd carries some sort of kit in their vehicles, at least that's what I was told by my neighbor who was witnessed by a neighboring officer who witnessed a trauma and came running with said kit. No idea exactly what's in it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I made my own, has swat-t , gauss and tape rolled on its self . Vaccum sealed package and fits in back pocket, same size as a wallet.

And a cpr mask too.

Same here.No fancy vacuum sealing for me though.

2eeetj7.jpg

208xy05.jpg

2mq20qf.jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My understanding is that impd carries some sort of kit in their vehicles, at least that's what I was told by my neighbor who was witnessed by a neighboring officer who witnessed a trauma and came running with said kit. No idea exactly what's in it.

All patrol officers have a small bag that contains a tourniquet, shears, OP airway, and an Israeli bandage. Officers that are certified EMTs or Paramedics carry a little bit more. I'll get pics up in a bit.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I do not carry anything at the moment, but I have been wanting to put one together. My uncle (Retired USN Chief Hospital Corpsman) has been hounding me about it for good reason.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I want a small something to put together to put in the saddlebag of the bike, can't be too big cuz I have limited space...this small EDC idea might work well

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I carry gloves and knowledge all the time. But if im doing something with a backpack on (fishing, hunting , taking a walk) I have and alice pouch attached to my bag that has gauze, gloves, quickclot combat gauze,a little bite of duct tape (mainly for sucking chest wounds) medical tape, trauma shears, a section of innertube for a poor man swat t. and a few other odds and ends. It used to have a NPA in it but i used it in a demonstration at the HS. I plan to buy a couple kits from ar500 to replace the one on my bag and to have one on my flc vest.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I carry gloves and knowledge all the time. But if im doing something with a backpack on (fishing, hunting , taking a walk) I have and alice pouch attached to my bag that has gauze, gloves, quickclot combat gauze,a little bite of duct tape (mainly for sucking chest wounds) medical tape, trauma shears, a section of innertube for a poor man swat t. and a few other odds and ends. It used to have a NPA in it but i used it in a demonstration at the HS. I plan to buy a couple kits from ar500 to replace the one on my bag and to have one on my flc vest.

Yeah, knowledge is the most important obviously.
    With a pocket knife you can make about any kind of dressing with your own clothes or the victim's clothes.
    Making an improvised tourniquet could be the trickiest part even though it can be done.
    You just dont always have the time to gather the right materiels to make one.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Gotsta has some quickclot or celox, plus some gauze, and a turkey knot. Duct tape fixes anything that moves and shouldn't. Nitrile gloves and an N95 mask to protect you and them. Some neosporin couldn't hurt, as well as some plain ol' bandaids. Scissors. A knife. A few OTC pharmas, ibuprofen, pseudoephedrine, benedryl, whatnot. Something sugar for a diabetic that gets low. I doubt you'd be able to get an epi pen unless you needed one yourself. Be able to get someone stable for transport to the ER the best you can. Know some stuff. Do no harm.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was one of the dorks that thought he could make a tourniquet from his belt until i tried it. Then i went and cut out the bike innertube to use until i can afford the real thing. In the end i want a cat tourniquet in my backpack kit, my flc vest, and then one just for edc. I think i could probably have a kydex holder made and wear it somewhere on my belt.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There's a reason paramedics don't use quick-clot/celox. You're better off to have some Israeli or H bandages.

My kit has the typical bandaids, neosporin, ibuprofen, benedryl, burn cream, tape, and a variety of sizes of gauze. These are the items you're most likely to need typically. I also carry a CAT and 2 "H" bandages in case of more severe trauma.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Gotsta has some quickclot or celox, plus some gauze, and a turkey knot. Duct tape fixes anything that moves and shouldn't. Nitrile gloves and an N95 mask to protect you and them. Some neosporin couldn't hurt, as well as some plain ol' bandaids. Scissors. A knife. A few OTC pharmas, ibuprofen, pseudoephedrine, benedryl, whatnot. Something sugar for a diabetic that gets low. I doubt you'd be able to get an epi pen unless you needed one yourself. Be able to get someone stable for transport to the ER the best you can. Know some stuff. Do no harm.

Im talking about a trauma kit that can fit in a pocket, not a first aid kit or boo boo kit (which I carry in my bag but it's not always with me).
    The more stuff to have on your kit the less likely you are to have it on your person.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was one of the dorks that thought he could make a tourniquet from his belt until i tried it. Then i went and cut out the bike innertube to use until i can afford the real thing. In the end i want a cat tourniquet in my backpack kit, my flc vest, and then one just for edc. I think i could probably have a kydex holder made and wear it somewhere on my belt.

That's what I did as well.It's really effective if you practice enough (cant find an actual SWAT-T around here).
    I like the fact that it can be used as a pressure dressing also.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I tend to carry more than most. At my size, a few extra grams doesn't mean much to me. My EDC pistol is >1kg. I'd rather have more than less. You may debate the celox, but if you have a hole in you that's leaking lots-o-fluid I'd bet you wouldn't dispute it too much. Like Lee Adam Harold says, "Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted)". You have you a sucking chest wound, you're gonna want it plugged up, one way or t'other.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    uh think again chez they carry it for patients on blood thinners at least the ones here do. We have a whole plano box filled with celox the doctors gave my dad. And his doctor ask me if i knew how to use combat gauze and told me to keep it around.

Top Bottom