• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bump.

I had to provide first aid just a few days ago (forehead wound so lots of blood).

:stretcher:waaa2

You never know when you will need first aid gear/skills.

I also added a pair of nitril gloves to my EDC.They stay in my jeans, take no space and weigh nothing.
    At least that gives me something to work with on a hot day in case Im not wearing my jacket (where I keep my trauma kit) or if Im not in/near the car where I keep a larger kit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Huge thanks to INGOer devil07 who sent me, not one, but two SWAT-T tourniquets to replace my homemade version! :bowdown:

I like the orange version as it's more visible than the black one, both to find in your kit and to see it when applied on someone (unless the person is wearing orange clothes lol).

2wpqqex.jpg

The sharpie is here to show the size but I also keep it next to the tourniquet to record the time.
    They give you a little band of paper to put around the wrist where you can write down when the tourniquet was put on but I can see how it can be dammaged if you need to move the person around.That vital information would then be lost.
    I was taught to just write in on the person's forehead with a T (or G), using a Sharpie.

I keep one rolled up on the outside of my first aid kit for easy and fast access.

2iho45x.jpg

The second one (still in the original package for maximum compactness) in my trauma kit.

34y89it.jpg

Thanks again to devil07 for his generosity! :ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The SWAT-T is very compact when kept in its vacuum packed package.
    It's just as big as a pack of tissues which means you can easily carry it in any pocket.

s270wx.jpg

hs9u6g.jpg

Just add some gloves and it gives your a very compact kit to treat major bleeding.

wjxjl4.jpg

If you're already carrying tissues you could also use them combined with the SWAT-T to make a pressure dressing.

k13pkl.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well played, sir.

If but only you have been nearby when I suffered my own head laceration back in 2009! You could have applied a tourniquet around my neck to stop the bleeding! (picture are available here)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well played, sir.

If but only you have been nearby when I suffered my own head laceration back in 2009! (picture are available in some topic somewhere on here)

It wasn't a major wound but it was bleeding a lot so the victim freaked out and fainted.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well played, sir.

If but only you have been nearby when I suffered my own head laceration back in 2009! You could have applied a tourniquet around my neck to stop the bleeding! (picture are available here)

lol :):

You're not on my list of INGOers that I would like to strangle.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I edited my message to put the link to the topic with my photos, but you quoted me too fast!!! HAHA! It's there if you want to see it.

Or here.

WOW I can see your brain! :runaway:

That's a huge wound compared to the one I had to treat.It was more like a small cut but still it also bleeds a lot in this area.

In your case the SWAT-T could have been used as a pressure dressing to keep a gauze pad in place.
    That's why I like it better than other tourniquet designs, it's mulitpurpose.

I managed to make a good self applied arm sling with it too.Also good to keep an ice pack in place etc.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well played, sir.

My personal favorite pic of that incident is this one, made from your avatar at the time, my friend.

rhino.gif

You're welcome. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    WOW I can see your brain! :runaway:

That's a huge wound compared to the one I had to treat.It was more like a small cut but still it also bleeds a lot in this area.

In your case the SWAT-T could have been used as a pressure dressing to keep a gauze pad in place.
    That's why I like it better than other tourniquet designs, it's mulitpurpose.

I managed to make a good self applied arm sling with it too.Also good to keep an ice pack in place etc.

If I had a brain!

I didn't think about using that type of tourniquet for a pressure bandage. Cool idea!

My personal favorite pic of that incident is this one, made from your avatar at the time, my friend.

rhino.gif

You're welcome. :)

Hahah! Thank you!!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't carry any MED/trauma kit. I know that I should, not to mention learn how to use one.

I am intriqued about that SWAT-T Kit though.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I keep 2 sharpies in my kit. i was taught to write dow time found, what aid i administered, and my name and contact info.

Swat Ts are pretty cool since there is multiple things you can use it for. I also just saw a rat tourniquet that looked pretty good but it is not multipurpose

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The RATS has me intrigued also. Opinion of the pro's?

[video=youtube;upEgTfrtYGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEgTfrtYGg[/video]

and of course :rolleyes:, Yeager:

[video=youtube_share;g2MyFybIRw4]http://youtu.be/g2MyFybIRw4[/video]
    [video=youtube_share;1M2Z1nTOPbc]http://youtu.be/1M2Z1nTOPbc[/video]

Top Bottom