• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There's a reason paramedics don't use quick-clot/celox. You're better off to have some Israeli or H bandages.

My kit has the typical bandaids, neosporin, ibuprofen, benedryl, burn cream, tape, and a variety of sizes of gauze. These are the items you're most likely to need typically. I also carry a CAT and 2 "H" bandages in case of more severe trauma.
    The only reason they don't use it is because they have better alternatives with quick access to hospitals. There is nothing wrong with quick clot or celox, when used properly. Medical personnel might not like cleaning some of the powder up but the new sponges are amazing and can be used on any type of bleeding injury with no worries.

- in before someone who's never used it spouts off about it burning someone to death lol

- in before someone spouts off with outdated info on tourniquets being the worse option and causing your arm to fall off.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have personally seen quikclot combat gauze used on arterial bleeding with livestock (i was there im not talking about the video the army did with the pig) You just pack the wound and pull it out with no burning and no mess. I have used celox granules on my dad and grandma both of them are on blood thinners it a simple pour in and rinse and brush out. all the reason people hated the combat hemostatic agents are outdated it no longer causes third degree burns and it is a lot easier to clean out now. Even plastic surgeons use quikclot gauze to control bleeding while working on the face

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    attachment.php

in a small bag that is in a backpack at work.

- israeli battle dressing.
    - tourniquet.
    - windpipe tube.
    - regular bandage.
    - that needle thing for a punctured lung.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have a few of these sprinkled around in range bag, on motorcycle, truck, etc. until I firm up my own built kits.

91ZGhtwOoBL._SL1500_.jpg

This is not a bad kit.No dedicated tourniquet in it but I guess you could use the triangular bandage to make one (with a sturdy metal pen or something similar).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Been ebaying the few remains of my kits. I'm setting up four, two bigger ones (parent) and two smaller ones (child) for the go bags, plus a range bag kit, which may be my adult kit. SHTF, we're gonna be all over it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Not a windpipe tube, its a nasopharangeal airway. Stick it in a nostril to assist with ventilating the patient. Good to have on hand.

This is why my "medical kit" is somewhat limited. I've never learned how to use the "needle thing" or chest seal or some of the other equipment. I know how to use the tourniquet and gauze, but that's about it. I'd like to find a class or some kind of training.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Apparently the state is going to be requiring HS students to take training in CPR soon. Of all the dumb things our educrats do, I can't bring myself to think this is a bad thing.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Do you have some type of trauma kit in your EDC setup? ...

Yes. Started with the following as a core kit because they're a good deal for the components you get (especially on sale, like over this weekend).

Tactical Medical Solutions Downed Operator Kit

Added a few goodies like a chest seal, and NPA.

Ordered several for various locations and to have components for training/practice.

Some are carried in the original heavy-duty plastic bag because they fit well in that format in my briefcase/backpack (i.e. thinner package). Others are in the more specialized cases that you often see (fatter package, but has some molle capability, etc.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Heres a couple small kits I have. I keep kits in the vehicles, my range gear, and a couple other places.
    Having the training to use this equipment is important. You don't want to stick an NPA down someone's throat or in their ass. Won't do them any good. Also knowing how to and where to apply a tourniquet is life or death.
    Basic medical training is cheap and easy to learn.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Heres a couple small kits I have. I keep kits in the vehicles, my range gear, and a couple other places.
    Having the training to use this equipment is important. You don't want to stick an NPA down someone's throat or in their ass. Won't do them any good. Also knowing how to and where to apply a tourniquet is life or death.
    Basic medical training is cheap and easy to learn.

Amazing the stuff you can learn online! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing the pics TT.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Is that a mojo dart I see TT? I considered getting one but when i had my collapsed lung the er doc called another doc to show him where to stick it, luckily all they did was mark it with a sharpie just in case. After i realized some doctors dont know how to use them i decided against it I dont want one of my dumba$$ friends shoving needle in my chest.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is that a mojo dart I see TT? I considered getting one but when i had my collapsed lung the er doc called another doc to show him where to stick it, luckily all they did was mark it with a sharpie just in case. After i realized some doctors dont know how to use them i decided against it I dont want one of my dumba$$ friends shoving needle in my chest.

Yeah, you clearly need to know what you're doing to use a decompression needle.You dont want to hit a rib and break/bend the needle or stick it where you would do more harm than good to the patient.
    Of course since it's something you would use on someone other than yourself you could still add it to your kit.Someone with the knowledge to use it could use it on you.

Top Bottom