• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm still partial to the AK underfolder! Fits perfectly in the tiny little "trunk" they put in the rear floor of Jeeps! Although, lately my AR pistol has been riding there. Only sucky thing is when the top is off and the carpet gets wet, takes forever to dry out enough to stash a gat in it! Rookie still needs to start mass producing those JEEP boxes!

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Yep. My employer is on the list too. It's all bull****.

Talking with my HR director (she is the best) today and after we finished up the business part of the conversation she made comment someone had taking her spot and she had to walk a good distance to get to her car. She leaves after dark and was concerned for her safety. I jokingly said we should be able to carry at work. She responded, I agree, I'm not the best shot but I can put enough rounds at center mass to get away. We just got a little closer today.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Keltec Sub2k taking Glock mags, Glock 17, handful of standard 17 round and couple 30 rounders, Stevens 620 takedown 12 gauge shotgun. All fits in a green military tool bag. My road trip kit.

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    I am a believer in the ruger mini 14. It is built on the concept of the M1 action. This means it is incredibly reliable and low maintenance. Some claim it is inaccurate. By ar standards it is inaccurate. However, I can shoot 5 inch groups all day long at 200 yards. This is more than effective for defense purposes. Besides that, it is relatively inexpensive and tons of fun to shoot.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    [video=youtube;115ca0N--b8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=115ca0N--b8[/video]

I think this guy has the most realistic outlook for day to day life. Extra mags for your handgun.

Now I guess this is dependant of what your "Day to day life" is like. I have a 16 inch carbine upper that once I get a lower will serve as a simple truck gun type rifle but not everyday. Mostly for road trips and overnight stays.

I would be more opt to spend my money on some magpul G 17 mags for my console and door panel first.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    $279 PSA 11.5 nitrided complete upper, $49 Anderson lower, FN carry handle from a friend $30, $39 LPK, $75 shockwave blade, spare buffer/spring.

Under $500 compact reliable trunk gun. Stays in a 3 day pack with a bandolier (6 mags) of ss109.

F0A88030-1642-494E-9DF6-1CEDE7531814.png

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    $279 PSA 11.5 nitrided complete upper, $49 Anderson lower, FN carry handle from a friend $30, $39 LPK, $75 shockwave blade, spare buffer/spring.

Under $500 compact reliable trunk gun. Stays in a 3 day pack with a bandolier (6 mags) of ss109.

I think I'll try this idea. Build myself and AR pistol since it is still a pistol. But I'll get flip up sights and a red dot on it. Inexpensive. Primary Arms or Holosun depending on which one is on sale.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    For years I worked in "the bad part of town" (Cincinnati, OH) and kept a trunk gun "just in case." Plus I'd make road trips on the weekends and never wanted to be too far from home without something. I believe a trunk gun should be more than just personal survival or something to protect the family if you end up somewhere you shouldn't. It should be a light, high capacity rifle and you should have a way to carry several extra mags. Bonus points if you can drive and shoot at the same time.

It should truly be something you can use to get home or get out of dodge. Pistol/SBR ARs or AKs are perfect for this role. A shotgun isn't a bad thing to keep in the trunk but it's not going to be much help when you're surrounded by "protesters."

I'm still partial to the AK underfolder! Fits perfectly in the tiny little "trunk" they put in the rear floor of Jeeps! Although, lately my AR pistol has been riding there. Only sucky thing is when the top is off and the carpet gets wet, takes forever to dry out enough to stash a gat in it! Rookie still needs to start mass producing those JEEP boxes!
    I have a Tuffy box in mine. It's perfect to hold my AK, chest rig, machete, etc. Keeps it dry too. I'm with you on the AK being perfect for trunk gun. I had an underfolder but through a series of trades ended up with a Draco.

View attachment 51452
    Draco with a Sig Brace is pretty close to this concept. I find it to be very handy for a "get home" option.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

View attachment 51452

Looking good. I built something very similar with a 10.5 nitride upper. I still need to shoot it before it goes in the trunk. Nice score on that carry handle! They seem to be out of stock everywhere these days.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Battleship-Movie-Download.jpg.cf.jpg

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Have to say I'm on the AR pistol boat myself .

300blk 10.5 barrel , Kak shock wave brace , HOLOSUN red dot with flash light mounted to top rail .

I want to change the barrel out to a 8.5 with a kaw valley linear comp .

Last edited:

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I bought a smith 642 for the sole purpose of a "truck gun", but had issues with the trigger rusting. While I picked the 642 for it's stainless properties, I didn't think about the non stainless portions of the gun. do you guys have rust issues with the AR pistols?

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've got a folding 9mm glock mag ar pistol that I use in a huskey tool bag from home Depot. keep a glock 17 in there as well. perfect for short range deployment and very discrete, plus plenty of mags. may switch to a 556 gun eventually. have a cheapo psa build, but 16"

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Full sized AR. 20" stainless bbl. .5 MOA @ 100yds. 120 rounds in 30 rd mags. Cottontail sticks his head up, he's mine.
    Won't stick his head up? I'll shoot his feet under the car.

Although, I DO like Actaeon's setup. AND I have an AR10 that would be available for the duty. May swap out this w/e. See if it makes the truck ride different. If I do that I'm gonna have to escalate the EDC to a full size CZ75 instead of the Rami.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom