• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I will throw an ar pistol in my vehicle every once and a while. it fits in a tennis racket bag so its fairly concealed and who would think to steal tennis equipment? I keep hand cuffs in that bag to cuff through the front sight post and onto the vehicle. That combined with me parking within our gates at work leaves me feeling okay as far as security goes

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    So I keep hearing about a "truck gun". I travel a long commute to work and I've been thinking about putting an AR or something in my car, the trunk, locked up of course and maybe even an AR pistol to keep it short and compact. I want to know what's everyone's opinions about such a concept and would anyone do it?

And what's your "truck gun?"

Keltec sub 2000 that takes glock mags and a glock 34, you gotta love the 33 round mags.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I carry one of two predominantly: I carry a lever action 30-30 as it would not draw any more attention than someone running around with a rifle in any given situation would. I can also do a pretty good job with it and it carries a bit of ammo on tap. It certainly is not a supreme do all gun. It's just not one that the general populace will look at as a bad assault weapon. The second rifle is more discreet in the 10/22 takedown. Again, by no means a do all magic bang stick. But I can shoot and operate the piece well and whether in the case or out it doesn't draw much unneeded attention. Ammo for either is usually easy enough to locate.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Marlin Papoose and a $100 pawn shop Winchester M94.

I like the Papoose as it stows very compactly. I like the M94 as it is very flat, no mags, optics, bipods, no extra crap to screw with.

The M94 wears a Lyman #66 ghostring, a sling, and an Andy Langlois butt cuff.

Kirk Freeman is....Longmire...
    latest

Dark Star

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    South bend
    Have any of you ever had issues with the constant, extreme heat/cold/humidity a gun will be subjected to being in a truck or trunk all the time?

I'm thinking of giving my Century Zastava AK a permanent (aside from practice times when it's out) place in the vehicle but wondering if anyone has noticed a shorter lifespan for dedicated vehicle guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Have any of you ever had issues with the constant, extreme heat/cold/humidity a gun will be subjected to being in a truck or trunk all the time?

I'm thinking of giving my Century Zastava AK a permanent (aside from practice times when it's out) place in the vehicle but wondering if anyone has noticed a shorter lifespan for dedicated vehicle guns.

Is your host vehicle parked outside at night or garaged?

Other than the obvious security issues, the daily seasonal temp swings and condensation will become a rust problem. The case you use also makes a huge difference here. Often the zip up soft side cases are like sponges.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Is your host vehicle parked outside at night or garaged?

Other than the obvious security issues, the daily seasonal temp swings and condensation will become a rust problem. The case you use also makes a huge difference here. Often the zip up soft side cases are like sponges.

They are. I forgot to turn one of my guns back into the arms room after a weekend of shooting... Wed afternoon Top reminded me. I go get it, and it's half orange. (Mini 14 in a zipper bag, Ft Hood)

If I ever have a "truck/car/Jeep gun" (and I do sometimes) it goes out with me to the vehicle prior to my trip, then comes back into the house when I do. Typically it's my 10.5" AR pistol, in a tool bag. Plus of course my daily...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Fair means I live.
    If they're behind a vehicle, a .308 is only stopped by the engine block.

If I could, I'd do this.
    [video=youtube;hD5CL8714rU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD5CL8714rU[/video]
    So last year, the Juliet model is the newest baddest platform in town.

Top Bottom