• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Just because a state is unable to maintain and clear its voter roles of either dead or people who have moved does not mean you have widespread voter fraud or those mysterious busses showing up on the day of election. Does it mean that voter fraud doesn't occur, no but it in no means does it mean it's widespread. I've yet to meet my dead grandma in line any of the times I been waiting in line to vote.

Years back, I'm talking punch card days, I lived and voted in Missouri. At the front door of the polling place were both R and D poll watchers who asked "Republican or Democrat?" (I was and am an independent) They had the registered voter rolls and would check off those party members who showed up. The innocent presumption is that they could call, offer rides, etc. to the folks who had not showed up to vote, a healthy get out the vote effort. But, since at that time, no ID was required, anyone could show up and "make sure" you voted... i.e. vote in your place.

It seemed inherently corruptible to me and made me think that the Iraqi election practice of dipping a finger in indelible ink was a good one... or simply requiring a matching photo ID.

So, when Republican Governors and Secretaries of State attempted to "scrub" their voter roles against US Citizen/non-citizen list, and were blocked by the Obama administration, that seemed fishy to me. Ditto when a Virginia voter organization started getting county jury roles (selected by voter registration) of people who had returned their survey back as "not a US citizen". They got responses from a couple counties when the Democrat Secretary of State got wind of it and sent a memo to the vast majority of the counties ordering them not to cooperate. From the data they did get, they found that about 14-16% of non-citizens were registered to vote, and comparing to the public voter roles, that about 6% voted in the presidential elections of 2008 and 2012. Other small surveys (larger ones have been fought in courts) show similar percentages.

That may not sound like a lot, but if you take those percentages by the 25 million or so legal and illegal aliens in the country, you get around 3 million illegally registered voters and 1 million illegal votes. I think most reasonable people would consider that wide spread voter fraud.

So, simple measures like requiring a birth certificate or providing (and checking) a SSN when registering to vote the first time could prevent such nonsense. Democrats have fought tooth and nail to prevent such measures. Makes me go hmmm....

And, they, like you, are SCREAMING loudly that we shouldn't even look? Riiiighhht!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Broward County FL - 106% Voter Registration

ACRU Sues Broward over Voter Rolls :: The American Civil Rights Union

Broward County Florida (you might remember that county as one of the counties Gore wanted to "recount" in the 2000 election) is being sued under the National Voter Registration Act, for among other things, the alleged fact that 106% of county residents eligible to vote are registered to vote.

By comparison, the US Census Bureau estimates 67% of Florida citizens are registered to vote. See table 4a for November 2016:

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/voting-and-registration/p20-580.html

Is Broward County doing something "right" or something "wrong"?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Election Fraud? Registered Voters Outnumber the Eligible, in 462 Counties | National Review

At least 3.5 million more people are on U.S. election rolls than are eligible to vote.

At first one might think this is just accumulated "crude" on the voter rolls... people who have moved or died and have not yet been removed from the voter registration rolls. But, then again, the problem is widespread:

My tabulation of Judicial Watch’s state-by-state results yielded 462 counties where the registration rate exceeded 100 percent.

And, the bad registrations would be only 3.5 million IF there was really 100% registration in those 462 counties. There isn't, hence the number is a floor, not a ceiling, of bad registrations.

And, there are some places where the numbers are HORRENDOUSLY bad. It's just a coincidence that it's California and they are complaining the loudest about the Trump commission.

But California’s San Diego County earns the enchilada grande. Its 138 percent registration translates into 810,966 ghost voters. Los Angeles County’s 112 percent rate equals 707,475 over-registrations.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If there is, as they say, no voter fraud going on, then all the crybabies should welcome a real investigation so we could finally put this all to rest.

Unless of course there really is voter fraud going on and they know it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If there is, as they say, no voter fraud going on, then all the crybabies should welcome a real investigation so we could finally put this all to rest.

Unless of course there really is voter fraud going on and they know it.

I haven't heard anyone say that no voter fraud was going, only that it's not a widespread as many seem to believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't heard anyone say that no voter fraud was going, only that it's not a widespread as many seem to believe.

Point remains then. Why not find out once and for all? IF it's not widespread, then everyone can shaddup about it. If it is, then we know it needs fixed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Point remains then. Why not find out once and for all? IF it's not widespread, then everyone can shaddup about it. If it is, then we know it needs fixed.

Because that's NOT the federal govt's job. If a state wishes to do it, fine, have at it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We're in agreement. So are you telling me you'd like more federal govt fingers in things that should be handled by the states?

Well, it seems to me that the feds jumping in here could be a much better alternative than having my future determined by fraudulently elected domestic enemies and traitors.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Because that's NOT the federal govt's job. If a state wishes to do it, fine, have at it.

If there is election fraud that interferes with FEDERAL ELECTIONS, then it absolutely is the fed's business. (the federales have been involved in election improprieties for a long, long time... federal elections or not)

We're in agreement. So are you telling me you'd like more federal govt fingers in things that should be handled by the states?
    It is up to the states TO RUN the elections, but it they are doing so in a corrupt or incompetent manner, then it is the fed's business. They may not have the power to tell the states how to run the elections, but they can intervene if the states are violating the voting franchise either by allowing fraudulent votes or denying legitimate voters...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seems to me the Feds already have gotten involved in the election process. Years ago. Something about States disenfranchising people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

So, if a state is complicit in the disenfranchisement of peoples' rights, (in this case their right to fairly elect their representatives), the feds have no business investigating and, as necessary, interceding?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If there is election fraud that interferes with FEDERAL ELECTIONS, then it absolutely is the fed's business. (the federales have been involved in election improprieties for a long, long time... federal elections or not)

It is up to the states TO RUN the elections, but it they are doing so in a corrupt or incompetent manner, then it is the fed's business. They may not have the power to tell the states how to run the elections, but they can intervene if the states are violating the voting franchise either by allowing fraudulent votes or denying legitimate voters...

Wrong. If the state acts in a way that harms the right of the voter, then the fed can step in. If the problem lies with the voter, then the onus is on the state.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wrong. If the state acts in a way that harms the right of the voter, then the fed can step in. If the problem lies with the voter, then the onus is on the state.

Oh. Cool. So Indiana is good to go for rigging the system to facilitate their electoral votes go to Republicans. :yesway:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Vote fraud harms the legitimate voter by offsetting his/her/its/xi's/WTF's vote. When the state turns a blind eye all that's left is the fed.

Top Bottom