TSA 2 Gun Match 4th Sunday every month (3/25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This match has been on my mind. Just getting the schedule to cooperate is going to be tough.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Would it be ok to come out and watch for a couple hours, to get a feel for things? I've been really interested in something like this, and I probably have the gear I would need, but have never done anything like it, so I don't really know where to start.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Would it be ok to come out and watch for a couple hours, to get a feel for things? I've been really interested in something like this, and I probably have the gear I would need, but have never done anything like it, so I don't really know where to start.

That sounds like a good idea. Can I come too? Can I? Can I?:)

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    That sounds like a good idea. Can I come too? Can I? Can I?:)

Spectators are always welcome as long as they follow range safety rules and wear eye and ear protection. If you've got the gear and you're just coming to watch you're going to leave there wishing you brought your stuff!

If you have the right gear to run, but you're still on the fence and want to go watch, I would recommend maybe taking your gear and arriving early to chat/ask questions with some of the guys setting up and checking in. I would wager that after talking to them you end up signing in and shooting.

No matter how frequently we shoot with each other, we all try to assume everyone on the range is new. So we do not move forward with a course of fire until everything has been walked through and explained thoroughly.

Alternatively, you can pm me for questions or a copy of the official rules the sport operates under.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I just got a e mail from Batesville TSA. The two gun match on Sunday is canceled because of the weather.
    Sure hope we can get back to the matches starting next month.

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    For anyone curious about the matches, I here are a few videos from last year. I have over a dozen on my YouTube channel you can check out.

[video=youtube_share;vbczYPoFwEs]https://youtu.be/vbczYPoFwEs[/video]
    [video=youtube_share;UHiQH6l2ilw]https://youtu.be/UHiQH6l2ilw[/video]
    [video=youtube_share;Cc8zK5x0fRg]https://youtu.be/Cc8zK5x0fRg[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Looks like it requires a little more gear than what I have. I would need to figure out a way to carry rifle mags for sure. Pistol mags are pretty easy to stuff in a pocket. Not so much with AR mags.:)

What would be considered the minimum gear one should have to be able to do this?

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    Looks like it requires a little more gear than what I have. I would need to figure out a way to carry rifle mags for sure. Pistol mags are pretty easy to stuff in a pocket. Not so much with AR mags.:)

What would be considered the minimum gear one should have to be able to do this?

I wouldn’t worry about gear. You can get by with stuffing 3-4 mags in your back pockets. Most stages only allow 10 rounds per mag, so they’re pretty light. A couple rifle mags in each back pocket will be fine. 3 or 4 pistol mags in the front pockets, or in a belt pouch.
    A lot of us run “combat class”, so we use chest rigs or plate carriers. Completely unnecessary.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like it requires a little more gear than what I have. I would need to figure out a way to carry rifle mags for sure. Pistol mags are pretty easy to stuff in a pocket. Not so much with AR mags.:)What would be considered the minimum gear one should have to be able to do this?
    Here is what Walt sent out in an email last August.
    Lightweight Combat - Shooter must carry at minimum, enough ammunition to complete the course of fire. All spare magazines and holsters must be worn at waist level on a belt, on a drop leg, or in a shoulder sling bag. Carrying mags in pockets is acceptable. This sub-class is written as LW on registration and scorecard. No handicap will be assessed.

Middleweight Combat -
    Shooter must carry no less than 2 spare pistol magazines and 4 carbine/rifle magazines loaded to course of fire capacity. Carbine/Rifle magazines must be mounted on a vest or chest rig. Pistol magazines and pistol holster may be mounted on either waist, belt, vest or, chest rig. If the pistol holster is located on a vest or chest rig, the draw angle is not to exceed 15 degrees from the deck. (no horizontal mounted holsters) This sub-class is written as "MC" on registration and scorecard. A 2 second per stage handicap will be assessed.

Heavy Combat -
    Shooter must carry an armor load or simulated armor load of 15lbs in a backpack. Shooter must carry no less than 2 spare pistol magazines and 6 Carbine/Rifle magazines loaded to course of fire capacity. Carbine/Rifle magazines must be mounted on a vest or chest rig. Pistol magazines and pistol holster may be mounted on either waist, belt, vest, or chest rig. If the pistol holster is located on a vest or chest rig, the draw angle is not to exceed 15 degrees from the deck. (no horizontal mounted holsters.) This sub-class is written as "HC" on registration and scorecard. A 4 second per stage handicap will be assessed.

Open Combat -
    Pretty much anything goes. You can use .22s in this class. You can switch guns and gear, even use a different set of weapons per each stage, but the catch is you will not get your score ranked with everyone else. This class is for those wanting to try out a multitude of different gear during match in order to find what suites them. You must run in one of the other three in order to compete with everyone else.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Glad to finally have a break in the weather. Really looking forward to my first 2-gun!

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I couldnt make it to this shoot, but wanted to. I am interested in the format. If anyone took video of today's shoot, please post.

A couple of people shot video on Sunday, but I don't know of anything that has been posted yet.

Here are about a half dozen videos from last Fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbczYPoFwEs

After you watch the first video, click on the name of the person who posted the video and it will take you to more videos.

Last edited:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I could not make last months match so never heard if they were going to have one this month. I did not get a e- mail about this weekends match.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom