TSA 2 Gun Match 4th Sunday every month (3/25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It would be useful to see confirmation posts more than 24 hours ahead of time.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    As I understand it I don't have to register for this ahead of time, correct? The OP/ first post looks like "registration" happens when you get there, understanding you have to be there "no later than 9:30". (To me that means "8" to see if you can help setup.)
    Could someone please confirm? I'd hate to drive 1+Hr to find out I was supposed to already be registered for this. :-)

Gun Chooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Indianapolis
    As I understand it I don't have to register for this ahead of time, correct? The OP/ first post looks like "registration" happens when you get there, understanding you have to be there "no later than 9:30". (To me that means "8" to see if you can help setup.)
    Could someone please confirm? I'd hate to drive 1+Hr to find out I was supposed to already be registered for this. :-)

I went to this last month and no pre-registration was required. Sign up/pay the morning of. Really liked this event just wish info was publicized better.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks Gun Chooter.

Anyone want to carpool and save a couple dollars in gas? I'm right off of 31 in Westfield for those coming from north of me. I'll take 465 around East side to 74 happy to meet up if our routes cross to combine rides.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Damn - I got a technical for moving through the door before reloading. Walt taking it too easy on your group over there? Those were some fun courses this weekend.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    Anyone have more videos to post? I havent made it there yet (been shooting USPSA) but I will make it some time. I enjoy watching and want to learn more about typical stage rules/requirements. Is it shoot as you see them? Mandatory reload requirements? Limited round counts?

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    I have quite a few videos from last year posted on a YouTube channel. Same location as the video I posted back on page 5.
    If you have trouble finding it, shoot me a message.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hey Shooters,

Just a reminder that this coming Sunday the 24th is our next scheduled match. However we do have some concern about the weather. Currently our bays are being occupied by a bulldozer and a track hoe. We finally are getting our much needed berm and dirt work done and our CQB bays are going to be nice! On the down side, the bays are pretty chewed up at the moment. With the weather forecast calling for thunderstorms everyday this week and into the weekend, the raw exposed dirt and clay will become a slippery mud pit pretty quick. As most of you already know, we will not run if ground conditions are deemed potentially unsafe. In the coming weeks, Chaz and I will be getting drain pipes installed, and grass planted, and by July hopefully the mud should no longer be an issue.

SO. We are planning to run but keeping and eye on the rain. What I ask is that you keep and eye on your email. We will make the final call for go/no go Friday or Saturday. Thanks for understanding. Hopefully we luck out. As always, reach out to us with questions, concerns, complaints.

-Walt

For anyone who isn't on the mailing list.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    2 variables for me. 1) Son potentially has games 2) it gets cancelled. Otherwise I'm there! Hopefully the weather is good enough for safety but nasty enough to be fun! Mud makes the ground softer so tactical rolls are safer. :-)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Happily some stuff shifted in my work schedule and I'm planning to be there also. The last email indicated that the bays are mostly finished, but do not have grass yet. They're planning on a final confirmation sometime today, pending the results of whatever weather is supposed to roll through.

Temp should be very nice tomorrow, with cloud cover.

Top Bottom