TSA 2 Gun Match 4th Sunday every month (3/25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks for these updates! I'm monitoring the weather, your updates, my ankle, kids sports/tournaments outcomes, possible work issues, astrology charts... if the stars align I have a chance of going! :-)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Loaded up some .45 for Sunday in the hopes that JMB's ghost will hear my plea and keep the rain away.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    What is the timing for tomorrow? I don't see it posted for this month, is it still 930-230?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is the timing for tomorrow? I don't see it posted for this month, is it still 930-230?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Seems like from previous matches you should plan on arriving by 9:00am. If you can arrive early to help finishing set up, that will increase the likelihood that we’ll be shooting by 9:30.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Great weather and an awesome match! Seriously, if you blow these off, you are missing out!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I definately had the time, but no confidence in my new gun or handling yet. Out of curiousity, what are you all using for magazine pouches for your AR's? I don't want to throw a **** ton of money at something i am not constantly using, but don't want garbage either.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I definately had the time, but no confidence in my new gun or handling yet. Out of curiousity, what are you all using for magazine pouches for your AR's? I don't want to throw a **** ton of money at something i am not constantly using, but don't want garbage either.

I use Condor pouches like a plebe. One with the velcro strap tucked away to serve as a "speed reload" pouch, and two more with the bungee retainers. I wouldn't take it to war but IMO you don't need five hundred bucks worth of gucci gear to run one of these stages.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the kind words and yes, it did turn out pretty good. The ground was a little muddy but right after the match I got it seeded and its been raining for the last couple days so it should germinate. :)
    If someone wants custom pouches for a reasonable price, Walt, the other S.O. makes kydex stuff. He has a SWEEEEEEET duel purpose set for what ever rifle and pistol combo you use.
    Dung, bring what ya got. Come and play. We are not out here to win Cadillac's and everyone is helpful.
    I guess I need to monitor this site a bit more. It's good to see you guys chatting us up. Seriously, we are trying hard to make this first class and hopefully pick up a few more ranges.
    Hope all of you got your scores by now.
    Shoot straight and stay safe,
    Chaz

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'll be there. Forecast is cool and cloudy. Probably run the Wolf A1 this time.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I will be stuck with the inlaw! But my gun is sighted in Incase I can make it. Why is there always rain in the forecast for these?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hey all,

I'm REALLY sorry for the late notice but I've been at the range since 9:30 this morning. It's now 8:00pm and I'm just getting home. We've decided to cancel the match for tomorrow. We got too much rain friday and a little more today and the bays are just too wet. The grass is starting to come up but it's pretty sporadic so it's very muddy. We'll try again next month.

Again I'm really sorry for the late notice.

-Walt

Yup.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hey folks,
    As you know, the weather did not play nice again this month. It's been a brutal year. If ya want rain, just wait till the 4th weekend of the month.
    The bays are looking good with grass starting to grow but a bit splotchy right now. Since we could not shoot, I re-seeded it Sunday afternoon. It may not net us much but then again, August was always supposed to be too dry and it would have been perfect. Oh well.... We shoot again in January, weather providing. We'd have one in December but it's the day before Christmas Eve. (Probably not good timing for most.)
    If you don't have plans this weekend, the Indy 1500 is going on. We have a booth again this time, so stop by if go. We are at the North East corner, against the wall, IF they put us in the same spot as last time.
    Have a great one gents and hopefully next year it will rain every THIRD weekend instead of every forth. :)
    Shoot safe.
    Chaz

Top Bottom