• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Seems like ruger didn't offer any 10/22 mags over their 10rd standard capacity until only recently. I'm not sure what else has changed with them after bill died. I'm curious if others think their quality has suffered because of that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I haven’t bought a new Ruger in ages. Are they **** now?

Disclaimer: Sample size of one.

Brand new Ruger LCP II. 80 rounds out of the box, and the extractor also decided it wanted to go downrange.

Rangemaster said that this isn't the first time he has seen this happen.

Had problems with a P345, constant FTF. Sent it back to Ruger, then got rid of it.

Had a Ruger American 45. Good ergonomics, until you actually shoot it. Banged the hell out of my thumb joint.

Love their revolvers, won't ever sell my Vaquero 45 and GP-100 357. Also happy with my 2 Ruger PC Carbines so far.

Probably best to avoid their semiauto pistol offerings, though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Disclaimer: Sample size of one.

Brand new Ruger LCP II. 80 rounds out of the box, and the extractor also decided it wanted to go downrange.

Rangemaster said that this isn't the first time he has seen this happen.

Had problems with a P345, constant FTF. Sent it back to Ruger, then got rid of it.

Had a Ruger American 45. Good ergonomics, until you actually shoot it. Banged the hell out of my thumb joint.

Love their revolvers, won't ever sell my Vaquero 45 and GP-100 357. Also happy with my 2 Ruger PC Carbines so far.

Probably best to avoid their semiauto pistol offerings, though.
    Well. Come to think of it, I had a Mark III with a cracked barrel maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Ruger replaced it the barrel at no charge. Turned it around quicker than I would have thought. I expected some serious swag for my trouble but all I got was a lousy hat.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hafer and Best were talking in a glorified supply closet in the Salt Lake City offices, where potential designs for new coffee bags were hanging on the wall. One of them featured a Renaissance-style rendering of St. Michael the Archangel, a patron saint of military personnel, shooting a short-barreled rifle. In Afghanistan and Iraq, Hafer knew a number of squad mates who had a St. Michael tattoo; for a time, he wore into battle a St. Michael pendant that a Catholic friend gave him. But while the St. Michael design was being mocked up, Hafer said he learned from a friend at the Pentagon that an image of St. Michael trampling on Satan had been embraced by white supremacists because it was reminiscent of the murder of George Floyd. Now any plans for the coffee bag had been scrapped. “This won’t see the light of day,” Hafer said.
    “You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are,’” Best told me. “It’s like, no, no, we define that.” The Rittenhouse episode may have cost the company thousands of customers, but, Hafer believed, it also allowed Black Rifle to draw a line in the sand. “It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer said. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.”
    Antifa_Pajama_Boy.jpg

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I heard that this was making the rounds....between this kind of stuff and the Dakota Meyer training comments and the Tim Kennedy anti-2A debacle, I really hope we are seeing an end to the “bro-vet” era and their Instagram-fueled ascension in pop culture.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    As long as they make this at 27 cents an ounce I'm not going to be anybody's bro :alright:

• Folgers Gourmet Supreme Medium Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 24.2 Ounces

Folgers Gourmet Supreme Medium Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 24.2 Ounces

Price:$6.47 ($0.27 / Ounce)

Or this @ $1.42 an ounce

• Black Rifle Coffee Ground (Just Black (Medium Roast), 12 Ounce)

Black Rifle Coffee Ground (Just Black (Medium Roast), 12 Ounce)
    Price:$16.99 ($1.42 / Ounce)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    As long as they make this at 27 cents an ounce I'm not going to be anybody's bro :alright:

• Folgers Gourmet Supreme Medium Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 24.2 Ounces

Folgers Gourmet Supreme Medium Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 24.2 Ounces

Price:$6.47 ($0.27 / Ounce)

Or this @ $1.42 an ounce

• Black Rifle Coffee Ground (Just Black (Medium Roast), 12 Ounce)

Black Rifle Coffee Ground (Just Black (Medium Roast), 12 Ounce)
    Price:$16.99 ($1.42 / Ounce)
    I LOVE the Folders Gourmet Supreme. Additionally, I 100% support Kyle Rittenhouse, as well as Edward Snowden. Possibly not everyone does, but that`s fine. I believe in and support what I support.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I LOVE the Folders Gourmet Supreme. Additionally, I 100% support Kyle Rittenhouse, as well as Edward Snowden. Possibly not everyone does, but that`s fine. I believe in and support what I support.
    I like your thought process on this.

As a far as coffee, I drink a lot and made the mistake of trying the really good stuff some years back.

I now roast my own, just to make it affordable. I'd certainly spring for a package of BRC occasionally though, if I ran across it.

I'm also a believer in supporting companies who have the same causes as us.

Also in making sure when possible to NOT support companies that support our enemies.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've been on the fence with them since last episode, but newest "chat" is enough. I had a monthly subscription, had as in past tense.
    I'm going to try some Stocking Mill Coffee, and definitely going to try out that Gourmet Blend mentioned above.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, canceled my subscription a while back due to price, but supported them off and one when I wanted to. That ends now. Put their emails on my spam list and won't send them another penny of my money. Their comments are atrocious and completely un-American.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was ordering periodically but their constant emails pointing out that by me buying their coffee I was supporting the troops. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    When will these company's figure out they need to pick a side to service.It is now all politics.Last week Toyota took the hit cause they had contributed to congressmen who protested the Jan 6 vote.There is no longer a middle ground.Pick your side and take the heat or don't get political. BRCC........I am sure libtards drink coffee with a hated black rifle on the label.....they should know who their customer base is.They should have put Rittenhouse on their covfefe bags for a month. Hell,hire him as their national spokesman. "I always drink BRC before I shoot Anarchists that try to kill me".Their sales would have went thru the roof.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a new label to describe something I've thought was kind of annoying about the overthetop culture. Bro-vet. Thanks for that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When will these company's figure out they need to pick a side to service.It is now all politics.Last week Toyota took the hit cause they had contributed to congressmen who protested the Jan 6 vote.There is no longer a middle ground.Pick your side and take the heat or don't get political. BRCC........I am sure libtards drink coffee with a hated black rifle on the label.....they should know who their customer base is.They should have put Rittenhouse on their covfefe bags for a month. Hell,hire him as their national spokesman. "I always drink BRC before I shoot Anarchists that try to kill me".Their sales would have went thru the roof.

I would have signed up if they sent some small percentage to his legal defense on every sale.

But since they want to play fence sitter contrarians, they won't enjoy a cent from me.

Largely, I think all of these groups trying to market themselves to a political niche, like the gun community, are just grifters. They're trying to make a buck off your views and likely don't support your view nor share them.

Top Bottom