Under Trump, Median Income Soars Over Bush/Obama Era...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If if you go back and think about it you may remember that the economy started rising even before the inauguration because the business community expected regulations to be eased and they were. That is where Presidents have enormous influence on an economy. Do you not think BHO obstructing gas and oil pipelines had an affect on energy prices and futures? And Trump the opposite affect? That is just one area Trump has reversed course from the expected BHO policies that HRC would have continued...

The economy was rising WELL before that. Steadily. Not to the metric that we've seen under Trump, but it's false to say that Trump turned the economy around; he just sped it up, using unconventional (and some say foolish) methods. We're due for a recession, and when it hits, it will hit hard.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The economy was rising WELL before that. Steadily. Not to the metric that we've seen under Trump, but it's false to say that Trump turned the economy around; he just sped it up, using unconventional (and some say foolish) methods. We're due for a recession, and when it hits, it will hit hard.

It's going to snow this Winter, and when it does, it will be slick.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Simply put, you need to take expenses into consideration. If you make $1000, and you buy a widget each year that costs $100, if you end up making $1050, the next year, and your year widget expense is raised to $200, you've actually seen a decrease in wealth. Now, I can't say one way or the other if that is what is happening now; because I haven't looked, but if an article simply address the increase in wealth, without making considerations for such economic developments, it's not telling the full story. Surely, that makes sense to you right?
    Do you think (in your example), that we've had a 100% rise in inflation (which appears to be what you're talking about with the doubling of price of the widget)? Not even close.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So, uhh, when is that ever not true?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you think (in your example), that we've had a 100% rise in inflation (which appears to be what you're talking about with the doubling of price of the widget)? Not even close.

No, I just thought I needed to make it simple for people to understand. There doesn't need to be 100% inflation, for the gains people have made under Trump to be wiped out. That percentage would be FAR less.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    No, I just thought I needed to make it simple for people to understand. There doesn't need to be 100% inflation, for the gains people have made under Trump to be wiped out. That percentage would be FAR less.

There was inflation during the Bush and Obama terms too. So unless there's some evidence that YOY inflation rates were significantly lower during their terms (there isn't), then what's your point?

In fact if you look at the numbers, YOY inflation rates appear to be consistently higher under Bush, peaking at 4.1% in 2007. The overall rate of inflation did slow during Obama's term, staying below 2% most years and under 1% in others, largely due to a stagnant economy after the financial and housing crashes. The highest YOY increase during Obama's term was 3% in 2011.

It's hovered right around 2% since Trump took office.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-inflation-rate-history-by-year-and-forecast-3306093

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There was inflation during the Bush and Obama terms too. So unless there's some evidence that YOY inflation rates were significantly lower during their terms (there isn't), then what's your point?

In fact if you look at the numbers, YOY inflation rates appear to be consistently higher under Bush, peaking at 4.1% in 2007. The overall rate of inflation did slow during Obama's term, staying below 2% most years and under 1% in others, largely due to a stagnant economy after the financial and housing crashes. The highest YOY increase during Obama's term was 3% in 2011.

It's hovered right around 2% since Trump took office.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-inflation-rate-history-by-year-and-forecast-3306093

That chart doesn't help you out at all. Ok, serious question, were you reading that chart, or just looking at numbers? How about you compare inflation to growth, and then tell me what that means.
    Further, inflation isn't the only metric. I would like to say I'm baffled no one has mentioned it, but I'm not. What other thing could possibly have an effect on your pocket.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That chart doesn't help you out at all. Ok, serious question, were you reading that chart, or just looking at numbers? How about you compare inflation to growth, and then tell me what that means.
    Further, inflation isn't the only metric. I would like to say I'm baffled no one has mentioned it, but I'm not. What other thing could possibly have an effect on your pocket.

A democrat taking office and tax rates skyrocketing to pay for everyone's free ****? :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have a president, not a king... though we are trending that way... much to the glee of fans of the current administration.

So quit dancing around it and just go ahead and spit out what you're trying to say. What is this mystery about what else could affect our pockets?

And what on earth are you talking about kings for? We have elections, so at some point, it's likely that a democrat will eventually be in office again. Which of course has nothing to do with the median income rising under Trump.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kut, you're starting to argue like a woman. Man: "Honey, why are you mad at me?" Woman: "Well if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"

Top Bottom