• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    To me, at my stately 5'10" height, anyone over 5'11" is freakishly tall.

You wouldn't like my office then. I'm 6-4, boss is 6-3, desk-neighbor's 6-7ish, managers in both main support labs are 6-1 and 6-2, (now-former) 2nd shift manager was 6-2. Safety guy on the other side is 6 even. There are a couple short guys are stuck here too, we make sure to crowd around them when walking in groups in the hall though.

Being 6-4, anyone over 5-11 is equally freakishly tall to me. I'm just not used to not being able to ID people by the hairline and bald spot shape.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You wouldn't like my office then. I'm 6-4, boss is 6-3, desk-neighbor's 6-7ish, managers in both main support labs are 6-1 and 6-2, (now-former) 2nd shift manager was 6-2. Safety guy on the other side is 6 even. There are a couple short guys are stuck here too, we make sure to crowd around them when walking in groups in the hall though.

Being 6-4, anyone over 5-11 is equally freakishly tall to me. I'm just not used to not being able to ID people by the hairline and bald spot shape.

I'm only 6'2" and some change. Can I apply?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Off duty isn't off duty. Society (and our employers) expect us to intervene in crimes. You have the option, but no expectation. How many INGO posts are something like "I carry for me and my family only" sentiments?

This is the other side of the expectation.

I've also seen officers on this site say if they are off duty they will just be a good witness and call 911 unless they think someone is in immediate serious danger to their life or health. And not even then if they are with their family.

I would not say ZERO but it is pretty low nevertheless. A sentiment that I try to pass along to new officers that I have the privilege to train. I'm not alone i this either.

And I'm glad you do.

Something to do with good looks and positive attitude...

Would that something be lack of...?

To me, at my stately 5'10" height, anyone over 5'11" is freakishly tall.

Dang you're seriously freakishly tall to me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've also seen officers on this site say if they are off duty they will just be a good witness and call 911 unless they think someone is in immediate serious danger to their life or health. And not even then if they are with their family.

And I'm glad you do.

Would that something be lack of...?

Dang you're seriously freakishly tall to me.

You're right. But I'm talking about serious threat.

I had a OC chick run and hide in the bathroom when the restaurant was robbed. You think society will view her actions vs the same action taken by an LEO the same? what about a uniformed LEO who ran and hid in the bathroom? Of course not going to be viewed the same.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I'm sure you are only providing half of the quote. Like if the officer wasn't in uniform, was outgunned, was outnumbered, etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know that one cop Frank-something-or-other wiould only interfere with a curb stomping to give constructive criticism on technique.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You're right. But I'm talking about serious threat.

I had a OC chick run and hide in the bathroom when the restaurant was robbed. You think society will view her actions vs the same action taken by an LEO the same? what about a uniformed LEO who ran and hid in the bathroom? Of course not going to be viewed the same.

Whether society views them the same or not, an officer off duty doing the same action is the same. Do I think most officers would do so? Probably not.

I'm sure you are only providing half of the quote. Like if the officer wasn't in uniform, was outgunned, was outnumbered, etc.

I don't believe the comments I remember had any of those qualifiers.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I understand where you are coming from. However, as professionals, we will do our jobs regardless.
    Thank you for your service and, of course, police officers do, do their jobs regardless of the situation. The frustration level with these snowflake libtards is very high and their “political correctness” is a component of the breakdown of a lot of standards that have made America great. Sorry for the rant. Peace.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You should find them and qoute them verbatim. Since you are making the claim.

2Ry0UOv.gif

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wow, I guess INGO can turn anything into a cop bashing thread. :ugh:

What bashing? The closest I've seen to bashing is that someone posted that off duty they should be subject to the same rules that everyone else is.

You should find them and qoute them verbatim. Since you are making the claim.

I'll see if I can find them, but doubt I'll be able to find them. It's been a couple of times here and there over the past several years.

I'll try.

Which ducks the question. Do you think society views them the same. Do you?

Do I think that society in general views them the same? Nope. Do I, generally speaking yes.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do I, generally speaking yes.

Ok. The scenario was as follows:

Armed customer was sitting at a table in the dining room of a fast food restaurant. There was one other customer. A masked gunman entered alone, paid no attention to the customers, and immediately announced a robbery while pointing the gun at the clerk. The armed customer, still without being noticed by the gunman, fled past him and into the bathroom.

If a uniformed LEO did the exact same thing, you'd view it the same and the consequences each should face for failing to intervene should be the same?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok. The scenario was as follows:

Armed customer was sitting at a table in the dining room of a fast food restaurant. There was one other customer. A masked gunman entered alone, paid no attention to the customers, and immediately announced a robbery while pointing the gun at the clerk. The armed customer, still without being noticed by the gunman, fled past him and into the bathroom.

If a uniformed LEO did the exact same thing, you'd view it the same and the consequences each should face for failing to intervene should be the same?

Generally speaking, again yes. Although I will admit being in uniform makes it a bit iffy. And it is up to the departments official policy, especially in uniform. Regular street clothes not as much. And the officer may want to rethink their career decisions.

In response to the others question about posting the actual statement. I've searched some, but no luck yet. I'll do some more a bit later. I think one of them may have been in response to a "what would you do" type of question regarding a fight outside a bar or similar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom