• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leoadam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Yea, just to chime in on the refund discussion, they approved mine. $539.00 for my XPS-2, plus $15.00 dollars for shipping. I just sent it out this morning. To this point, I had not endured any problems or issues, but I am jumping ship. I bought it, because I liked it, but to find this out, it's just bad. I am dumping it before any issues arise. If anyone wants to follow suit, the whole process is super easy. They are also not requiring proof of purchase.

CptCrik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Well I had been thinking about getting an Aimpoint or an EOTech, but this pushes EOT out of the running. I am unfamiliar with Vortex that was mentioned before. I will have to look into it as an option.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I had been thinking about getting an Aimpoint or an EOTech, but this pushes EOT out of the running. I am unfamiliar with Vortex that was mentioned before. I will have to look into it as an option.

I have now and have owned several Vortex offerings including the StrikeFire II. I am going to pick up another very soon.

CptCrik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Once I get my kids to bed tonight, I will spend some time looking into the brand. I'm thinking that maybe this tax return season I will give myself a little gift, so I have got a good amount of time to do my research.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have now and have owned several Vortex offerings including the StrikeFire II. I am going to pick up another very soon.
    Just curious, have you ever run the Vortex offerings through a carbine class? I ask, because while I am firmly in the Aimpoint fan club, as many rifles and AR pistols as I have, Aimpoints get rather spendy? EO's have always been junk, they just took their time proving it, but I need a backup optic that is rugged and reliable.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Just curious, have you ever run the Vortex offerings through a carbine class? I ask, because while I am firmly in the Aimpoint fan club, as many rifles and AR pistols as I have, Aimpoints get rather spendy? EO's have always been junk, they just took their time proving it, but I need a backup optic that is rugged and reliable.

I can get you into an Aimpoint cheaper if you'd like. PM me and I'll get you set up. Thanks!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Once I get my kids to bed tonight, I will spend some time looking into the brand. I'm thinking that maybe this tax return season I will give myself a little gift, so I have got a good amount of time to do my research.

I just got approved for mine as well. I have 3 AimPoints and all have been flawless. There really is no comparison between a Vortex and an AimPoint. I've owned 3 Vortex RDS(2xStrikefire,1xSPARC) and got rid of them. They are okay for the price point and have a lifetime warranty which is nice but I would never trust my life to one. Handling a Vortex and AimPoint side-by-side you will notice and feel the difference. A Vortex would be absolutely fine for a plinker/range toy but honestly it is worth the $$$$ to save up for an AimPoint. Just going off my real experiences. YMMV

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I ordered a Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS Pro during the Black Friday sale. I should have it soon and will start a review thread. In the meantime I know a friend with an EOTech 512. He's not the original owner and has no box or paperwork. Could he still get the refund?

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I ordered a Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS Pro during the Black Friday sale. I should have it soon and will start a review thread. In the meantime I know a friend with an EOTech 512. He's not the original owner and has no box or paperwork. Could he still get the refund?

Yes. You just have to provide the serial # and date of manufacture which are on the Eotech.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This is the sort of thing that could bring about the ruination of a company.
    I'll never be able to justify either an Eotech or Aimpoint (Aimpoint is Swedish), but it's still a shame to see an American sight manufacturer take it in the shorts through horrible decisions of its management.
    It would be a pity if our military were only able to have Trijicon as an alternative for a domestic company.
    I may well be wrong about the dearth of alternatives, though.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I shipped my EXPS3-0 back to Eotech yesterday. They approved a refund for the full price I paid for it in 2011. They messed up big time, but they are handling it in a straight up way. All communication from them was very quick and easy, especially considering the scope of the problem and apparent volume of returns they appear to be getting.

I bought mine in 2011 and did not notice any problems with it. It was my favorite sight, so I'm a bit bummed about it, really. I've ordered a Trijicon MRO to replace it. I got a deal on it and if they build it like the ACOG I have, then it should be excellent. I'll miss the EOTech reticle, though, for sure.

Hopefully, EOTech will redesign the sight and fix the problem. If they do, I'll give them a chance again, based on how they handled this situation and refund.

I sent mine back because it was on one of my two SHTF rifles, so I can't trust it. My ACOG is on the other. I have an Aimpoint Pro on an AR pistol I built, and I like it alot, too. The MRO and the Aimpoint Pro will be in competition with each other to see which one goes on the primary SHTF gun. I'm betting on the MRO, though, because of its smaller size and lighter weight.

Dang, I do wish the EOTech could be trusted. I really loved that sight. Destroyed a 250lb hog with it using a PVS14 night vision sight behind it a few years back in Texas. It was about a 50 yard shot and it put the buillet EXACTLY where I wanted it, on a quick draw. Of course, conditions were perfect...80 degrees, no humidity, and a moonless night. (That PVS 14 was gen 3 and didn't need an illuminator!)

Btw, the last face Bin Ladin saw was looking at him through an EOTech. That made me a bit sentimental about sending it back.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yes. You just have to provide the serial # and date of manufacture which are on the Eotech.

No receipt? Have no idea where mine went.

I kinda like my XPS2, but I admit, I think it has tracking issues. I've wanted to try a MRO and this might be the way to do it (plus it would be a smaller optic on the MPX). Or those Aimpoint H1s if you can find them on sale still for $400

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    No receipt? Have no idea where mine went.

I kinda like my XPS2, but I admit, I think it has tracking issues. I've wanted to try a MRO and this might be the way to do it (plus it would be a smaller optic on the MPX). Or those Aimpoint H1s if you can find them on sale still for $400

I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on that sale. Had it in the cart and sat on it. By the time I figured, what the hell, it was sold out. I have a H2 and T2 so its not like I felt like I needed a H1.... till I now realize I could have traded my XPS2 for a H1 and had $140 extra cash to show for it :(

Still debating sending my XPS2 back, I like it but can I trust it with my life now? If I wanted those kinds of questions rattling around in my head I'd put a Sparc on it instead and save $300 bucks. UNGGGHHHH!!!!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm keeping my EXPS3, I've had nothing but good luck with it and I see the reticle better than the half dozen Aimpoints I have on my other rifles. I'm glad they are taking care of the folks seeking a replacement though, customer service means a lot to me as a consumer. Especially when your dealing with something this expensive.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    A lot of people will take eotech for money they didn't actualy spend because of this.

I would assume, or at least hope, Eotech has their system limit refunds to the MSRP. Beyond that, they couldn't. This is a preemptive move by their part to prevent a massive civil class action lawsuit on the heals of their DOD settlement. It's cheaper to pay out MSRP to everyone now, than go into a class action suit they couldn't hope to win. It's also the right thing to do for the consumer because they consumer gets their money back, as opposed to class action where everyone would get a check for $50 and a handful of lawyers would be able to buy a small country.

Eotech are solid

Which ones? Because a lot of testing on the holo's say they aren't. Everything from thermal drift, over heating, humidity, leaks.

For the average guy going to the range two or three times a year, yeah they are "solid". Then again that same guy would be just as well served with a Primary Arms or Vortex red dot and could have 3 for the price of a eotech.

If you are dropping $500+ on a RDS that was marketed as something it was not, then no, they are certainly not "solid".

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My two exps's have been solid, what I want to know is what has eotech done to fix this problem? I would love a aimpoint if the sight picture was as big, can't stand the little toilet paper roll.

Top Bottom