• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Did some digging today and it seems the refund time is extremely long and guys are saying they are getting L1 vouchers that are good for 365 days, no actual refund!

That's 100% false. That "voucher" is fake. No refunds have even been issued yet. It would be for L3 Communications not L1, so that right there is proof someone doesn't even know what they are talking about. Info is probably coming from Barf.com:): LEOs are being issued refunds in a timeframe of 30-60 days since they have priority. This is a damage control situation by Eotech.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    That's 100% false. That "voucher" is fake. No refunds have even been issued yet. It would be for L3 Communications not L1, so that right there is proof someone doesn't even know what they are talking about. Info is probably coming from Barf.com:): LEOs are being issued refunds in a timeframe of 30-60 days since they have priority. This is a damage control situation by Eotech.

I said L1 instead of L3, the story I read said the pictures shown online were vouchers, says there are pictures online showing them and they are only good for L3 and only for 1 year.

Maybe/maybe not, I have yet to know of any actual person that has got their refund yet and until I do I don't believe anything.

Hoping they are sending out checks and dueing it quickly.

One thing that everyone that has talked and emailed EoTech has agreed on is that EoTech refuses to tell everyone how they are going to issue said refund.

Show us proof since you call false...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would be shocked if this is done in a short time period. I doubt that they just have someone sitting at a desk opening boxes with returned Eotechs in them, and then mailing checks in return. L3 is a huge company, and one would think that they have some very bright minds trying to find the most economical solution to this whole ordeal. I would even go so far as seeing them seeking a solution to whatever the problem is, and refurbishing them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This really really gets me wound up. I have an EXPS3-4 / 3x magnifier combo. It's been back to EOTech once to realign the HWS reticle because it wouldn't sit centered in the 3x magnifier. They fixed it. It's been great aside from one day on the range when it shut down. It came back on the next day & I have tortured it trying to see if it shuts down again. It's endured being thrown across the yard, thrown down the hall, left in the sun, batteries popped in and out even backwards, etc... I couldn't duplicate the issue.

If people are really getting checks that clear I will probably send it in. If people aren't getting refunds then I'm keeping it.

Aimpoints and all the other RDS type sights look like crap to my eyes (astigmatism).
    EOTech & etched reticle scopes look like a clean round dot.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I said L1 instead of L3, the story I read said the pictures shown online were vouchers, says there are pictures online showing them and they are only good for L3 and only for 1 year.

Maybe/maybe not, I have yet to know of any actual person that has got their refund yet and until I do I don't believe anything.

Hoping they are sending out checks and dueing it quickly.

One thing that everyone that has talked and emailed EoTech has agreed on is that EoTech refuses to tell everyone how they are going to issue said refund.

Show us proof since you call false...

Where is this so called "story" coming from?? And it's sending out checks and doing it quickly......not dueing.......

The fact that Eotech is even recalling their Eotechs is an admission of guilt. If your Eotech works fine so far, then great and good for you:yesway: But I hope down the road when it takes a dump, please don't pass it along to some poor soul who doesn't know any better. People can make excuses all they want, but in the end Eotech has lied and screwed the pooch on this one. I just hope they have fixed the glitch and recover from this debacle.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If people are really getting checks that clear I will probably send it in. If people aren't getting refunds then I'm keeping it.

That would be nice, to finally see someone get a check. But as tradertator mentioned, I'm worried this might only be a limited time thing.

My luck, I'd wait and the day I do it they stop the buy back

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Where is this so called "story" coming from?? And it's sending out checks and doing it quickly......not dueing.......

The fact that Eotech is even recalling their Eotechs is an admission of guilt. If your Eotech works fine so far, then great and good for you:yesway: But I hope down the road when it takes a dump, please don't pass it along to some poor soul who doesn't know any better. People can make excuses all they want, but in the end Eotech has lied and screwed the pooch on this one. I just hope they have fixed the glitch and recover from this debacle.

Thanks for busting my balls on spelling, typing on a phone sucks, hope that makes you feel better.

I read that the photo of the voucher was fake and debunked, I don't understand why someone would do that but whatever.

Not a single person has received a check yet...

Just received a RA for one of mine and just sent off for another RA for my second one, don't know what I am going to do, I hate looking through a toilet paper roll and don't want junk. Why can't aimpoint make a EoTech clone so we can have the best of both worlds.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    The voucher thing (photoshop) has been debunked already. It's likely they'll just be checks, I've never heard referbs mentioned. Not to mention, I didn't even list problems with the 2 XPS I sent back, I just put "I'd like to return... I paid $x". The original mentions of returns listed a time frame of 4-6 weeks to process returns. No one will be getting checks for a few weeks yet.

the Ann Arbor post office has been completely overwhelmed with boxes for L3, going so far as to ask them to send trucks to pick up the returns. To my knowledge EoTech is no longer answering phones or responding to emails (maybe generic responses but I doubt that even now). I'm suspecting people are blowing them trying to confirm check/voucher/referb... Etc all the internet rumors, slowing the actual return processing.

EoTech said they'd process returns and apparently set aside close to $25mil specifically for returns with no mention of any of the things I've seen rumored on the interwebs. I suspect they'll honor them just as they stated, but it won't happen overnight. If I was a betting man, you'll start to see people getting checks in about 3 weeks.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Crap, just checked this thread again after sending mine back... Didn't realize there would be such a delay... Hope it all works out in a reasonable amount of time...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks for busting my balls on spelling, typing on a phone sucks, hope that makes you feel better.

I read that the photo of the voucher was fake and debunked, I don't understand why someone would do that but whatever.

Not a single person has received a check yet...

Just received a RA for one of mine and just sent off for another RA for my second one, don't know what I am going to do, I hate looking through a toilet paper roll and don't want junk. Why can't aimpoint make a EoTech clone so we can have the best of both worlds.

I think the Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS or RDS Pro fit that description. Big window, 1.8 MOA red dot, and military grade/battle proven. Biggest drawback for some is built-in lower 1/3 mount if they want absolute cowitness. Takes a single AA battery with battery life that rivals Aimpoint:

http://www.themakogroup.com/mepro-tru-dot-rds-pro-mil-spec-red-dot-sight-with-1-8-moa.html

The TruDot is basically the same with a polymer hood for $400 msrp:

http://www.themakogroup.com/meprolightmepro-tru-dot-rds.html

Last edited:

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would be concerned that EOTech has enough cash to cut checks for everyone if they get so many returns. This could drive them to bankruptcy and then what happens if you have sent your sight back already?

I have not had any issues that I noticed on my two EOTech's with my few summer time range trips, and storage in my safe! It is a concern though and bad management at EOTech sounds to be to blame. I will be watching the situation and decide from there. If they fix their design/manufacturing concerns, I would gladly swap sights in the future.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would be concerned that EOTech has enough cash to cut checks for everyone if they get so many returns. This could drive them to bankruptcy and then what happens if you have sent your sight back already?

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it might blow your mind if you looked into how big L3 is. Their HWS's are probably a drop in the bucket in comparison to their entire portfolio.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This really really gets me wound up. I have an EXPS3-4 / 3x magnifier combo. It's been back to EOTech once to realign the HWS reticle because it wouldn't sit centered in the 3x magnifier. They fixed it. It's been great aside from one day on the range when it shut down. It came back on the next day & I have tortured it trying to see if it shuts down again. It's endured being thrown across the yard, thrown down the hall, left in the sun, batteries popped in and out even backwards, etc... I couldn't duplicate the issue.

Aimpoints and all the other RDS type sights look like crap to my eyes (astigmatism).
    EOTech & etched reticle scopes look like a clean round dot.

If they work, why not keep them?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    EOTechs that "work" STILL have the inherent design flaws known of and hidden by the manufacturer. One may continue to use theirs but I wouldn't take the chance.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm going to plant myself in the "If it ain't broken, don't fix it camp." Picked one up in a favorable trade on AR15.com. I have some other optics, including an AimPoint on my home defense gun, so figure taking a chance with EoTech on my range rifle is very manageable.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I mentioned a problem with mine starting to delaminate earlier in the thread - and had sent it in for repair. Mine is a 2010 model year 517 and they fixed it for free even though it is years out of warranty. I've never noticed the zero wander, but haven't used it in temperature extremes that I can recall...just normal Indiana weather. I like it so I'm keeping it.

Top Bottom