US Navy Strike group moving to the Korean peninsula.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Ever get the feeling you're being spoon fed something from beside the barn?

Is there a North Korea crisis?
    If there is, what is it?
    Who told us so?
    Do you have a reason to believe who told you?
    And where is that girl running across the burning bridge carrying her white cat?

OK, so I'm getting to be a little skeptical on this one. Not saying we won't get an EMP satellite detonated over us for a May Day celebration, just scratching my head and wondering what Wall St. might be up to.

And by the way...
    How come North Korea can orbit a couple of satellites over us but they can't get a test shot to not blow up?
    :popcorn:
    Don't think the kid with the Granny Clampett haircut has shot all his rocket scientists but hey, you never know.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll bite. :)

Depends on your definition of "crisis."

Given the regional players, if it does become a "crisis," it'll be too late.

I think the "crisis" is in trying to prevent a crisis.

If there is, what is it?

An actual leader, with actual authority, has the means to devastate large population centers. He has already, either directly or complicity, imposed cruel conditions on millions of his own people, resulting in perhaps millions of dead people. So, we know he doesn't necessarily care about human life.

means + madness = bad mojo

Who told us so?

Well, he has, for one thing.

There's a bit of a tension here. If one rejects the MSM reporting and relies on Kim's own statements - independently presented - he's still pretty crazy. In fact, he claims more tech than "we" give him credit for. But, if you reject what Kim says, AND the MSM, then you're really just making up your own narrative.

The key here is to look for multiple sources and see where they agree and where they are different.

But again, if you reject EVERYTHING, then you're just replacing other people's narratives with your own, based on significantly less information. That seems counter-productive.

And where is that girl running across the burning bridge carrying her white cat?
    Great movie.

OK, so I'm getting to be a little skeptical on this one. Not saying we won't get an EMP satellite detonated over us for a May Day celebration, just scratching my head and wondering what Wall St. might be up to.

And by the way...
    How come North Korea can orbit a couple of satellites over us but they can't get a test shot to not blow up?

Because we didn't stop them form orbiting satellites? :D

But more seriously, the tech is somewhat easier to launch satellites. Trickier when the payload can go BOOM too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll bite. :)

Depends on your definition of "crisis."

Given the regional players, if it does become a "crisis," it'll be too late.

I think the "crisis" is in trying to prevent a crisis.

An actual leader, with actual authority, has the means to devastate large population centers. He has already, either directly or complicity, imposed cruel conditions on millions of his own people, resulting in perhaps millions of dead people. So, we know he doesn't necessarily care about human life.

means + madness = bad mojo

Well, he has, for one thing.

There's a bit of a tension here. If one rejects the MSM reporting and relies on Kim's own statements - independently presented - he's still pretty crazy. In fact, he claims more tech than "we" give him credit for. But, if you reject what Kim says, AND the MSM, then you're really just making up your own narrative.

The key here is to look for multiple sources and see where they agree and where they are different.

But again, if you reject EVERYTHING, then you're just replacing other people's narratives with your own, based on significantly less information. That seems counter-productive.

Great movie.

Because we didn't stop them form orbiting satellites? :D

But more seriously, the tech is somewhat easier to launch satellites. Trickier when the payload can go BOOM too.

:yesway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If there is, what is it?
    Who told us so?

And by the way...
    :popcorn:
    Don't think the kid with the Granny Clampett haircut has shot all his rocket scientists but hey, you never know.

Transition from liquid to solid fuel. Google our similar transition and you'll see a similar pattern. Solid fuel is tricky, ask Mr Takata

Advantage is vastly shortened time to lauch as no fueling required, no cryogenic or hypergolic liquid handling

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Pyongyang remains defiant, including of China, warning that if it helped the US, the results would be "catastrophic".

From the above listed link.

Are they actually coming out and threatening China? That seems silly, even for them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    From the above listed link.

Are they actually coming out and threatening China? That seems silly, even for them.

Generations of delusional thinking. As a nation, they are starting to believe their own hype.:rolleyes:

I don't see how this has a happy ending.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Transition from liquid to solid fuel. Google our similar transition and you'll see a similar pattern. Solid fuel is tricky, ask Mr Takata

Advantage is vastly shortened time to lauch as no fueling required, no cryogenic or hypergolic liquid handling

I'm not buying their repeated failures all on their own. Especially not when they have had successes plus help from Iran and China.
    There's difficulties involved in the process of scaling up but there are also advantages to be had now that were not there back in the day.
    So, no, I think we're jacking with them.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Weeeellllll here's a few thoughts on the norks:
    Is it really a ballistic missile test if it doesn't go ballistic or act like a missile??

It's hard to compare north korea (lower case since that's how the ROK does it) and Iraq. One way to look a it: imagine it's the year 2043 and Uday Hussein's kid is running things in Baghdad.

I don't think the ROK wants to get the norks back. They paid attention when Germany reunified, communism sucks.

In November 93 I was at Taegu Air Base when Peter Jennings announced that 75% of nork forces are on the DMZ. This was during the FOAL EAGLE (AKA FOUL CHICKEN) deployment. That caused some serious issues with families back home. Compared to what's going on now, November 93 was a 2 on the OH S**T scale.

They ROK military is VERY good. They are a conscription force so they don't operate like the US military. They are still VERY good.

We have LOTS of plans for war on the Korean Peninsula. All will be thrown out the window after first contact with the enemy. That's ok, plans are useless, planning is indispensable (General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower)

I was a young 28 year old SSgt when I was at K-2, I understood the serious nature of our mission in the ROK. As the years have passed I've understood it even more.

As I've said before, when F-15E Strike Eagles arrive in the ROK it' getting serious.

When the Flying Tigers (23rd Fighter Wing, 74th and 75th Fighter Squadrons, A-10s) land at Suwon Air Base (north of Osan, south of Seoul), that's when it's getting REALLY serious.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Weeeellllll here's a few thoughts on the norks:
    Is it really a ballistic missile test if it doesn't go ballistic or act like a missile??

It's hard to compare north korea (lower case since that's how the ROK does it) and Iraq. One way to look a it: imagine it's the year 2043 and Uday Hussein's kid is running things in Baghdad.

I don't think the ROK wants to get the norks back. They paid attention when Germany reunified, communism sucks.

In November 93 I was at Taegu Air Base when Peter Jennings announced that 75% of nork forces are on the DMZ. This was during the FOAL EAGLE (AKA FOUL CHICKEN) deployment. That caused some serious issues with families back home. Compared to what's going on now, November 93 was a 2 on the OH S**T scale.

They ROK military is VERY good. They are a conscription force so they don't operate like the US military. They are still VERY good.

We have LOTS of plans for war on the Korean Peninsula. All will be thrown out the window after first contact with the enemy. That's ok, plans are useless, planning is indispensable (General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower)

I was a young 28 year old SSgt when I was at K-2, I understood the serious nature of our mission in the ROK. As the years have passed I've understood it even more.

As I've said before, when F-15E Strike Eagles arrive in the ROK it' getting serious.

When the Flying Tigers (23rd Fighter Wing, 74th and 75th Fighter Squadrons, A-10s) land at Suwon Air Base (north of Osan, south of Seoul), that's when it's getting REALLY serious.

Just out of curiosity, what was the calibration on your Oscar Sierra scale? Is your 2 from 1993 equivalent to DEFCON 2?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Carriers? Hey we don' need no stinking carriers.
    We got lots of jet liners with uninterruptible autopilots built in to pancake every building in Pyongyang.
    POX and CaNNed lets drop that it was Russian hackers working for ISIS and we get zero culpability.
    Quick, somebody send the WH a post card with the idea. Wall St. will probably implement it right away.

Top Bottom