• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A much better question is why didn't Bill Clinton do it? After all, the law was passed during his administration and he signed it.

Asking why Bill Clinton didn't do the "right" this is like asking water why it isn't dry.

The question won't even make sense.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't understand this. Congress passed a bill and Clinton signed it into law. What was usurped?

Foreign policy is a function of the executive. Where embassies go is a part of that, usually.

I'd say Clinton abdicated it, rather than Congress usurping it. But, that's a distinction without a difference in this matter.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Maybe some of you guys should read some history on " The Six Day War " and then decide if you think God was on the with Israel. I think he was.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe some of you guys should read some history on " The Six Day War " and then decide if you think God was on the with Israel. I think he was.
    Regardless, I don't think God takes a position on whether the embassy should be in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    v578RYv.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'm quite familiar enough with the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War to be in awe.

Nevertheless, wartime victories play a small part in my theology.

EDIT: My posts kind of come off like I'm not pro-Israel, but I totally am. I've got IDF patches on my backpack and can't stand listening to my pro-Palestine relatives...

I just don't care much for rash behaviors of the President. Maybe he's playing N-dimensional chess, but to me it looks like pandering to the base. Maybe I'm all wrong. [STRIKE]Maybe[/STRIKE] I don't know enough.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Blasphemer!
    I've been called worse.... ;)
    Well, you got me there, POTUS decides that.
    Indeed. That's why this is a political discussion, not a religious one (IMHO).
    I just don't care much for rash behaviors of the President. Maybe he's playing N-dimensional chess, but to me it looks like pandering to the base. Maybe I'm all wrong. [STRIKE]Maybe[/STRIKE] I don't know enough.
    Well, the Russia Russia Russia is off the headlines now. And, the process is dramatically disrupted now. Chaos begets opportunity.

So, this all may work out.

From what I'm hearing, and not all of it is in the news, there wasn't much external dialogue with the allies that we would look to for support. This was the culmination of an internal decision, for whatever that is worth.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been called worse.... ;)

Catholic! :stickpoke:

Well, the Russia Russia Russia is off the headlines now. And, the process is dramatically disrupted now. Chaos begets opportunity.

So, this all may work out.

From what I'm hearing, and not all of it is in the news, there wasn't much external dialogue with the allies that we would look to for support. This was the culmination of an internal decision, for whatever that is worth.

Perhaps you're right. The progress of peace seemed to stall, this will definitely upset the equilibrium.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Palestinian government paying the "martyrs" family for killing Israilies..... yeah, f right off with that. (and using U.S. aid to make those payments). As long as the Palestinians are backing that and electing that I’m not too concerned about their outrage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's a horrible argument.... from Zealots to the Holocaust, you won't convince a nonbeliever that God was on the side of Israel. If your are looking from a Biblical perspective, IMO, it's faulty logic to look at anecdotal evidence. When the Islam was running rampant through Europe, they also said God was on their side.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If it was the right thing, why didn't Reagan do it?

Because like so many other presidents, he fell for the canard that recognizing Jerusalem, and indeed the final status of Jerusalem, should be part and parcel of a lasting peace. The hoax was that a "peace process" really existed and that the Palestinians were good faith actors within it

IMO the Palestinians were willing to play along because it left the status of Jerusalem up in the air essentially forever while they waited for a peace "plan" that gave them everything they wanted.

UN resolution 242 and the recognition of Palestinian rights
    PLO acceptance of two-state solution
    Madrid (1991–93)
    Oslo (1993–)
    1996–99 agreements
    Hebron agreement
    Wye River Memorandum
    Camp David 2000 Summit
    Clinton's "Parameters" and the Taba talks
    Beirut summit
    The "Road Map" for peace
    Israeli–Palestinian talks in 2007 and 2009
    2010 direct talks
    2013–14 talks
    Abbas' peace plan

At some point perhaps it is appropriate to conclude no deal is possible and move on (what I think Trump is really doing). Remember that definition of insanity

That train is leaving, if the Palestinians decide they really want to be aboard they will have to run to catch up

Top Bottom