• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I was once charged with illegal possession of a firearm in Arden Hills MN because I had a SLINGSHOT in my trunk along with an ax, tent and sleeping bag. There were some other trumped up BS charges tossed in there too. $350 to a lawyer and the judge laughed the whole thing out of court.

That being said, it doesn't change the fact that in Arden Hills MN, a slingshot is illegal and considered a firearm.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You should host an INGO General Political Discussion shoot. You need to something with that kick butt house you built! Nothing brings together different opinions on politics like barbecued meat and firepower. :rockwoot:

If I gave up my super secret location, I'd have to kill everybody. :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Wow. That was a lot of LEOs.

Playing the "child" card is ridiculous. We're talking about a bow and arrow.

Just go get a warrant if you want to see the inside so bad.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I know in Columbus there is an ordinance against it. My father and late grandfather helped organize for the city council hearing against it. Our ordinance (the last time I saw it) was very poorly worded, in that following the letter of the ordinance, anyone hitting a baseball, golfball, or any other object "with deadly force" is in violation of the ordinance.

So if my grandpa was golfing in Columbus the day he accidentally hit and killed a goose with a golf ball he could have been arrested.:rofl:

He felt pretty bad about it, and it was nearly impossible not to laugh when he was telling me about it.

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    This type of police action is crazy. No wonder they have a high divorce and suicide rate.

Please forgive the off the subject rant Ladies and Gentlemen.

(First, in no way am i responding to the subject of the post. for that, i apologize. This is no something i like to do, BUT, this kind of bleacher coaching and sharp shooting is starting to get out of hand... so....)

It's hard to no respond to this, because it is so easy to armchair after the fact. This response is to the bold sentance only.

LEO’s are held to a higher standard, and rightfully so. We are shouldered with the constant, unmitigating, unforgiving, frustrating, stressful, life threatening, etc situation sometimes on a daily basis. Some of us are lucky enough to stay out of areas that are more difficult to deal with, others live for those areas at first. Then after the emotional drain starts to show, they either get help, move to another area, or ‘tuff’ it out. But, regardless, because we are supposed to hold others up to the law, we are held there by the citizens we are to protect.

Regardless, and speaking only from personal experience.. I found it more and more difficult to maintain my military composure the more domestic disturbances I responded to. It takes an almost unlimited amount of discipline not to ‘take care of’ some POS that decided his little girl needed to be beat with the cane fishing pole for not taking the trash out. Or the sick SOB that couldn’t keep his hands off of his own child. You have to apprehend that ass-hatt, turn him over to MPI and then go back on the road and not let that little girls sob’s and the look of loss in the mother’s eyes not effect you. Or the dumb-ass that is joy riding on Kole Kole pass, only to ride off to his death, or the 11 year old kid that decide’s he want’s to try to sell MJ and …. Well being 11 he smokes it, try’s to get more to sell and instead get’s a 30 round mag emptied into the center of his chest and left for dead.

I have the utmost contempt for all of you that assume the cop on the road is getting out of his car with a clean memory, hasn’t had to respond to some kid’s death, or seen some dumbass’s resulting choice effect the lives of those around them. You guys need to make a trip down to the not-so-cool side of what a LEO has to deal with day in and out. After you have walked in there shoes, you will have the right to flame post all you want (Changed from Criticize after re-reading TJ's post. Thanks' TJ.. you are right); but until then, I would greatly appreciate the comment like the one being made here to stop. That is infamitory and does nothing to aid in any form of intelligent conversation.

Now, having said that, NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING excuses any citizen, LEO of otherwise from breaking that law. Every citizen is responsible for their own actions and should be help accountable. The post and it’s purpose should be brought to the attention of all of us and we as citizens should be screeming at the top of our lungs for every soverign citizen to hold these LEO's actions as the abomination's they are.

Rant is done.

M

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    MattYagPD01
    While I sympathize with you and to a great extent, AGREE, those in LE CHOOSE to be there. It isn't something forced upon them like being poor, having jackwagon neighbors, being black, etc....That makes all the difference in the world. I know and am related to many leos, but NONE of them blame victims or criminals for the choice THEY made to be employed in LE. I honestly am just about sick to death of hearing about how horrible it is and about the kid that just got scraped off the road, about how low the pay is, etc..as an excuse for lack of professionalism among LEOS. I know it's tough, but it is what you CHOSE. If it isn't right for you, then perhaps a change is in store. Don't get me wrong, I'm not choosing side here. I admit I am guilty of "cop bashing" at times, but just as often I will defend their actions if they deserve it.

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    MattYagPD01
    While I sympathize with you and to a great extent, AGREE, those in LE CHOOSE to be there. It isn't something forced upon them like being poor, having jackwagon neighbors, being black, etc....That makes all the difference in the world. I know and am related to many leos, but NONE of them blame victims or criminals for the choice THEY made to be employed in LE. I honestly am just about sick to death of hearing about how horrible it is and about the kid that just got scraped off the road, about how low the pay is, etc..as an excuse for lack of professionalism among LEOS. I know it's tough, but it is what you CHOSE. If it isn't right for you, then perhaps a change is in store. Don't get me wrong, I'm not choosing side here. I admit I am guilty of "cop bashing" at times, but just as often I will defend their actions if they deserve it.

TJ ... you missed my point. Inflamatory statements that don't aid in intelligent conversations should be shown for what they are. I completely agree 100% with everything you said. I think i touched on it at the end of my post tbh. There is a difference between 'cop bashing' and the needless jabing. that's it....

M

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    MattYagPD01

It was not chosen for me. I left a job at interstate brands corp making close to 6figs. I can't do anything else. Sort of like a calling.

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    It was not chosen for me. I left a job at interstate brands corp making close to 6figs. I can't do anything else. Sort of like a calling.

wrong. every man/woman has a choice. sometimes that choice i hard, not saying that it's easy.

As to your CHOICE to go to LEO, thank you, and good luck.

M

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    BTW, thank you all for the good you bring into the world, Thank you for the distress you place upon yourselves. But PLEASE remember that you choose to do it. I am an owner operator (truck driver) and also made well into the 6 figures until about 2 years ago. I never get thanx, nor do I expect it, I chose to do it because of the money. Recently it has become let's say, less than profitable. I've often considered LE, mainly due to the fact that there really don't seem to be any other options. HOWEVER, when I weigh in on the strain it would put on my family, my sanity, etc. I just can't do it. Sooo, I continue to sit and wait to be loaded, unloaded, etc. and wait to be harassed because the shipper loaded me too heavy, wait because ppl in cars don't know how to drive and think the interstate highway system is there for them alone, wait to be paid, etc...I don't complain about it when they cut me off, run me off the road, flip me off, honk at me, don't pay me, etc. because I choose to do it. I guess my point is that we've ALL got it rough and we've ALL got to deal with those that don't understand how important what we do really is. I for one will try to realize these things in MY future posts and will try to NOT generalize all LEOs when I post bashing the ones that are a bit heavy fisted, but don't expect others to understand. I think that many who bash are not actually bashing the enforcement, but rather the general feeling of losing control of our lives and freedoms. Naturally the messenger is the one who will be "shot" because they are the ones we have contact with.

Last edited:

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    k ... get it. on the same sheet. not arguing a thing you have said. Maybe i am misunderstanding.... Are you saying my request for leaving inflammatory comments out of intelligent conversation is not warranted? or is it just over the top?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I cant watch the video right now, but I read the article posted. All I can say is the cops sound like they are on the defensive now. It is clear they think something is wrong, even if it is not as wrong as people might suggest.

I think they are full of it though. They claimed to later get a warrant before searching the house? On what? The fact that a guy didnt want to be illegally detained? Even from their description, it doesnt sound like there was enough there. They then go on about child abuse? Really? Two space heaters is enough in a mobile home. A bowl of rice and some clearly already consumed chicken might not be what the officers are used to eating, but it is enough. Heck, it is enough for me, and I can afford a larger meal, if I so desire.

I look forward to watching the videos, and maybe I can understand the officers position a little bit more, but right now it doesnt sound great.

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    correct. They can also 'investigate' at the school without the parent's knowledge if 'abuse' is reported/suspected. There are some pretty stringent reporting requirements, but it is possible, and scary.

M

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Child safety, endangerment, abuse, etc is often just an easy way around a warrant that they may not be able to get. It's like a "foot in the door" so to speak. CPS sends an investigator out with a LEO and they don't need warrants.

Uhh, yes they do need warrants. CPS is not above the fourth amendment. Even with a LEO at your door, a CPS worker does not have to be admitted to your home. Don't spread false information.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Child safety, endangerment, abuse, etc is often just an easy way around a warrant that they may not be able to get. It's like a "foot in the door" so to speak. CPS sends an investigator out with a LEO and they don't need warrants.

They said they added the "child abuse" charges after searching the home and finding only space heaters and minimal food. I did find it interesting that they noted there were chicken bones, so obviously they had eaten dinner. Heck, they probably had more food in that house than my fiance and her mom usually have, as they typically eat out.

And I want to see more on this whole CPS discussion. I never thought of that. I mean, I would think you could refuse CPS investigation, but then again, there are some retarded exceptions to our rights. Ever hear about that guy who has been held in contempt of court for several years? No trial, no conviction, no real rights. The guy I am thinking of was even a lawyer, but I am sure there are more. Could CPS be one of those organizations that has been allowed to take a step over the line? I doubt it, but some facts would be nice.

Top Bottom