• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    BTW, thank you all for the good you bring into the world, Thank you for the distress you place upon yourselves. But PLEASE remember that you choose to do it. I am an owner operator (truck driver) and also made well into the 6 figures until about 2 years ago. I never get thanx, nor do I expect it, I chose to do it because of the money. Recently it has become let's say, less than profitable. I've often considered LE, mainly due to the fact that there really don't seem to be any other options. HOWEVER, when I weigh in on the strain it would put on my family, my sanity, etc. I just can't do it. Sooo, I continue to sit and wait to be loaded, unloaded, etc. and wait to be harassed because the shipper loaded me too heavy, wait because ppl in cars don't know how to drive and think the interstate highway system is there for them alone, wait to be paid, etc...I don't complain about it when they cut me off, run me off the road, flip me off, honk at me, don't pay me, etc. because I choose to do it. I guess my point is that we've ALL got it rough and we've ALL got to deal with those that don't understand how important what we do really is. I for one will try to realize these things in MY future posts and will try to NOT generalize all LEOs when I post bashing the ones that are a bit heavy fisted, but don't expect others to understand. I think that many who bash are not actually bashing the enforcement, but rather the general feeling of losing control of our lives and freedoms. Naturally the messenger is the one who will be "shot" because they are the ones we have contact with.
    +1 for owner operator. People don't realize almost anything you buy came in on a truck. Another very tuff job that does not get much credit. Lots of liability in that line of work. Kenn Nunn is out to get you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just now finally got around to watching these videos. Clearly this is what happens when you dare question authoratie. Can anyone honestly say that seizing the house and getting a warrant wasn't out of retaliation?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't think it was out of retaliation. Filing child abuse charges was retaliation.

"Seizing" (a very poor choice of words on the officer's part, and one he may likely come to regret) the house while obtaining a warrant is warranted in some situations. While I'm not often one to jump to conclusions on the surface this doesn't appear to be one of them.

The guy was written for an infraction and resisting arrest. He never made it into the house, and his motive for trying to get inside doesn't seem relevent under any standard I can think of.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think it was out of retaliation. Filing child abuse charges was retaliation.

"Seizing" (a very poor choice of words on the officer's part, and one he may likely come to regret) the house while obtaining a warrant is warranted in some situations. While I'm not often one to jump to conclusions on the surface this doesn't appear to be one of them.

The guy was written for an infraction and resisting arrest. He never made it into the house, and his motive for trying to get inside doesn't seem relevent under any standard I can think of.

And what is their recourse? Hoping they'll find a judge to see it their way? One thing I thought was funny was early in the first video when the lady asked the one cop what was going on and why they were all there. His answer was that he didn't know but they were called. Basically, the original officer can't be wrong so we'll all jump in on the dogpile.

It could be that the guy arrested was being a douche but all that over shooting a bow and arrow at a target? It's a shame that we don't have video of the man walking, running, or whatever he was doing up to the house. If he showed no evasive action that he was trying to run from the officers, it's pretty damning for the officers. It would be interesting to see if there is any dashcam footage of the moments that led up to the lady's video.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i watched the videos and what i didn't see is what happened when the officers first arrived on scene. i hear alot of assumptions being made in this thread about what the officers did, but what about the guy himself. in the article posted the female officer said that he punched her. i will say the officers the lady was talking to did seen a bit buffoonish, but you cant automatically assume that they are wrong and the lady and her husband were right without having more evidence other then what she is saying happened.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, we dont know the whole story but I still believe seizing the house and child abuse charges were in retaliation. If she never pushed the issue, I bet the officers would have loaded him up, charged him and been on there way. They had no reason asking about the kids, wanting to come in the house or whatever.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I guess we will know whether te initial scuffle was warranted if the dashcam footage disappears.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    i watched the videos and what i didn't see is what happened when the officers first arrived on scene. i hear alot of assumptions being made in this thread about what the officers did, but what about the guy himself. in the article posted the female officer said that he punched her. i will say the officers the lady was talking to did seen a bit buffoonish, but you cant automatically assume that they are wrong and the lady and her husband were right without having more evidence other then what she is saying happened.

The officer wasn't a baffoon. He wanted her out of the house so they could enter. That's why he kept trying to tell her to go talk to the other officer off the property. Then they would have denied her re-entery as it was a "crime" scene. Then because there was a child there they could enter on an exigent basis for child welfare.

Yes, we dont know the whole story but I still believe seizing the house and child abuse charges were in retaliation. If she never pushed the issue, I bet the officers would have loaded him up, charged him and been on there way. They had no reason asking about the kids, wanting to come in the house or whatever.

He was going to jail as soon as the officer started bleeding on the porch. Everything degenerated because of that.

She should have moved away from the door and refused to answer. At least in Indiana there can be no forced entry based on suspician of an infraction. Don't know the laws in wherever this happened.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The officer wasn't a baffoon. He wanted her out of the house so they could enter. That's why he kept trying to tell her to go talk to the other officer off the property. Then they would have denied her re-entery as it was a "crime" scene. Then because there was a child there they could enter on an exigent basis for child welfare.

He was going to jail as soon as the officer started bleeding on the porch. Everything degenerated because of that.

She should have moved away from the door and refused to answer. At least in Indiana there can be no forced entry based on suspician of an infraction. Don't know the laws in wherever this happened.

I noticed how they were tring to bait her out of the house. We don't have a reason to do something so we will try to bait you into giving us a reason. I've heard of that tactic being used to get people for PI.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    no doubt, i agree with you that if she didn't push the issue they would have packed up and left.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    It would be interesting to see if there is any dashcam footage of the moments that led up to the lady's video.
    In cases like these we OFTEN learn how frequently they "malfunction".
    i will say the officers the lady was talking to did seen a bit buffoonish, but you cant automatically assume that they are wrong and the lady and her husband were right without having more evidence other then what she is saying happened.
    Actually, we MUST assume EXACTLY that due to the fact that this is the USA and we are presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Someone help me if I am wrong, but shooting the bow was an infraction? at most a misdemeanor? The bow was put up before the leo's arrived, so no offense was seen. So if they saw nothing and were only called about something less than a felony...why were they so adamant about ID and yes, the guy shouldn't have run away...but I guess i am a bit confused...I am under the impression that arresting you because of an anonymous phone call was against what we, here especially, are against?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No victim, no crime.

The thought police will be along shortly to arrest you for agreeing with the above statement as you're obviously a terrorist.

Have a joy joy day.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am under the impression that arresting you because of an anonymous phone call was against what we, here especially, are against?

I'm against every aspect of it. But I tried to emphasize the house seizure part because that is what makes it unique.

I already know how it would go if I began by saying what a crock of BS the ordinance was. Anarchy!! We need safety from psychotic archers!! Thousands of people are hit with stray arrows every year! AHH!

They created a similar ordinance in my area a couple years ago. You have to own 10 ACRES OR MORE to shoot a bow, and no shooting a gun whatsoever, even if you own an entire farm and have been hunting this land your whole life, up until some nanny passed an ordinance in 2005. :noway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I agree with phylodog. I don't think this is going to play out the way the PD would like for it to.

Not saying she brought this on herself at all. However, she should have sat inside, watched Oprah, and refused to answer the door. All the bad stuff that was going to happen had already happened. Now they are attempting a pile on and will make life hell for them. Reference the child abuse charges.

Being poor is not a crime. Abuse of power should be.

SemperFi, you should be aware that someone has hijacked your computer and is posting under your name.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    SemperFi, you should be aware that someone has hijacked your computer and is posting under your name.

Why? Because I'm not so simple-minded that I can look at and render judgment based upon the evidence of each situation independently? Because I can say in this situation with these circumstances the actions taken are right where in a different situation with a different set of circumstances the actions were wrong? Because I don't squarely fall in the I love cops or I hate cops camp? Because I'm capable of critical thinking?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hell, I used to do that all the time (bow in backyard) back when I lived in Illinois and it never was a problem. My neighbors even joined me from time to time (this was in the suburbs, not way out in the boonies). As long as your smart about what is behind the target (in my case a foot thick block of wood) where is the problem?

Top Bottom